Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

https://youtu.be/SJdXdu8y7mo?t=283

thought this was a cool vid to share - I have it set to 4.43 mark where you can see the shorter side of hair has gel as opposed to the longer with cream. I like some shrinkage sometimes and hey you can go shorter without cutting your hair, right? I like the deva ultra defining gel on myself. It really does define and make my waves look curly.

I also am really loving just using foam lately - Not Your Mothers Sea Kale and Coconut foam or my Herbal Essence souffle - my hair is coming off so soft and well I'll say it Mermaid like.
    Super fine and delicate
    Dye & heat free circa 2017
    Senna has turned my silvers to gold - give me all the metals

Wow what a difference!

Do you think it is just product effect on any type curl....or the curl texture itself?

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

It isn't that drastic of shrinkage on my wavy hair - I get maybe an extra inch than my normal 4 but I'm also a lot lighter on product than her - A LOT and I apply mine to damp not wet hair.

I will have to try it the way she did sometime (I never section my hair at all) and come back and update.
    Last edited by desisparkles; May 2nd, 2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Super fine and delicate
    Dye & heat free circa 2017
    Senna has turned my silvers to gold - give me all the metals

My curls are hit and miss depending on weather, so I am going to try the gel cast as I said when it gets humid and they explode.
    I do get a good 2 inches of shrinkage when in curl mode; in dry air I go back to sleek wurls lol
    But I doubt that my hair would hold the curl as long as hers regardless of the product....of course she is a real CG.

More than likely she has been posted too (maybe even by me lol) ...I like her as well

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I know I need gel when the weather gets rainy. Other than that, cream products like Jessicurl's Confident Coils works well for me.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I wouldn't even know where to start with curl creams

I am now using the Neutrogena Mask as a leave in and that is working wonders, so either that alone or a trial addition of gel ....then see if anything is sold locally to try if I want to test creams.

One change at a time ....but I will check at the grocery/pharmacy

ETA: I got a shop tip from RottenMango(thank you!) re: oil butters and decided to try a few....aloe, jojoba, and avocado

My curls are transformed just with the new oils in the mask (almond and olive), so I will give the butters a try first as I have never tried these oils

If I see a curl cream when I shop I will pick one up but won't make a special trip for it yet.

ETA:
    After browsing the store today I will pass on the curl creams for now.
    They all have oils and I now have plenty of similar products in the butters I ordered.
    Plus the other products I have on hand work fine as well (Biosilk serum, rosewater and glycerin).
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; May 7th, 2019 at 02:34 PM.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Curly hair problems...I wore my hair down and two people asked me if I cut my hair.

I haven't touched it with scissors since December

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    Curly hair problems...I wore my hair down and two people asked me if I cut my hair.

I haven't touched it with scissors since December
    They just don't recognize PERFECT curl structure

I am sure it is lovely....but do understand shrinkage (((hugs))).....it is your beauty secret
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; May 7th, 2019 at 01:41 PM.

Today I tried a bit of aloe with a dab of hair mask as a leave in, scrunched and fully air dried it with my crown pinned up for lift
    (I usually blow dry my scalp) = success

The amounts can be tweaked in increments, but I am happy with my initial result of fluffy wurls and curls, in spite of the humid showery weather this afternoon.

I got more definition with no gel cast; not sure if I will ever put enough in to form an actual cast....time will tell.
    Looking forward to trying the oil butters too this Summer.

I could definitely wash and wear out, but if needed I can quick diffuse the nape.
    It is 95% dry (nape is just slightly damp) after just 2 hours, and my crown/side hair dries immediately (out of the turban).

That was quick and easy care....yay for fine wispy silver lol