Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Same problem, Need a new solution... Or I'll seriously cry.

Length
    12/33 WL/TB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Same problem, Need a new solution... Or I'll seriously cry.

What you could do is what I did: let go of all the healthy, natural products and shampoo your hair with regular shampoo and use a nice coney conditioner. This ended the crunch factor for me.

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSky View Post
    I would second the advice to do a 50/50 EVOO and Coconut oil mixture. I'm using it and it's the most moisturzing oil combo that I've ever used. Just melt the coconut oil and add the EVOO. The solution should stay liquid unless it's super cold. I have this mixture in a mini bottle and keep it in my purse.
    Quote Originally Posted by getoffmyskittle View Post
    Just keep trimming it. You'll get rid of all the old damage eventually and wonder why your hair is so healthy all the time.
    I trimmed off 1/2-3/4 inch every month for 3 months because my ends felt like velcro. I also started using a EVOO/CO mix on my hair straight out of the shower. I concentrate on the last 10-15 inches of my hair. It has made a HUGE difference in my hair.
    I also use ACV every time I wash my hair.
    Last edited by Cowgirl16; November 27th, 2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HintOfMint View Post
    You're positive they didn't use a razor or a pair of scissors to slice at the ends of your hair? That can lead to awful ends in no time, if done incorrectly. And a lot of salons do this, so if this is happening every time...

I don't mean to harp on it or not take you seriously when you say it wasn't the way it was cut. I'm just wondering if you thought she meant blunt scissors instead of razoring.

Anyhow, I'm glad the baking soda washes are helping!

The places I go to don't use razors. I've been to only 2 places in the last year- twice to the salon of a friend, who is a hairdresser there, and to another salon. And they didn't slice the ends of my hair. I tell them to show me everything they use and to show me exactly what they are doing in the mirror. I also make them measure with ruler how much they take off... Like I said, I'm OCD about it a bit...
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    What you could do is what I did: let go of all the healthy, natural products and shampoo your hair with regular shampoo and use a nice coney conditioner. This ended the crunch factor for me.
    I use a cone serum once and a while after I wash my hair. I won't give up the natural products though...
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    pixie/25"/30"
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I get the same thing as you describe when I use oil. If clarifying helps you, then you know it's buildup of some sort, and then it's just a matter of figuring out what's causing it. I'd try taking out parts of your routine for a couple of weeks each and watching the effects.

Length
    3/26/45
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I get this from build up of any kind (and things build up quite quickly on my hair whether it be silicones or natural products), or if I use an oil that clashes with the coatings in whatever shampoo/conditioner/product I used. I vote for the clarifying wash using baking soda diluted in water followed by a well diluted acv rinse. Then pay attention to how your products interact with each other. I've found that I either need to dilute the products that I use really well or clarify more often. HTH... ;D
    Grow, grow grow........