Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rice Water For Hair

Default Re: Rice Water For Hair

Thank you. I'll ask the HWS about this and I've also sent a message to the Beech Nut company asking for info on their product concerning this issue.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by longhairedfairy View Post
    Thank you. I'll ask the HWS about this and I've also sent a message to the Beech Nut company asking for info on their product concerning this issue.
    You are most welcome!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by longhairedfairy View Post
    I'll ask the HWS about this and I've also sent a message to the Beech Nut company asking for info on their product concerning this issue.
    This thread is not too long. You may want to read all of the links I posted, to get a perspective on the subject.

||||||||||
    Last edited by 23_seconds; July 3rd, 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Length
    //Thigh//
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

OK, I will be reading the studies for quite a while, I think.

am skipping this week application hair is fine. I may be too aggressive on my scalp (too squeaky clean during the water rinses ) and felt this last week caught up with me really dry on my scalp . Today I feel more like normal on my scalp to skip the next application today and see what it is like next week.

Length
    8/25.5/35
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Yikes. This thread made me realize all the more that it is very important to know where your rice is grown (and is coming from). I live in the Philippines and we have a variant of rice that is iron-fortified by our Department of Health (and developed by our Department of Science and Technology) as a solution to the iron-deficiency in impoverished areas and anemic school children in this country. No news of arsenic though.

Regarding rice water for hair care, I would recommend fermenting your rice water first. Rice should be washed at least 2-3 times (if you're not sure where your rice came from and you're paranoid about contaminants in your rice). Even if I obtain my rice from our family farm, I still wash the rice 2 times. Also, I do not boil rice to obtain my rice water. I find that rice water that comes from washing my rice is sufficient to start the fermentation process.

Anyway, very informative thread and enlightening too.