Page 765 of 851 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,650 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    ~Wst/TBL/~Cls
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I don't detangle every day, but every two-ish days, and only lightly finger comb a little if I need to in between. If your hair likes them, cones can really help with slip.
    Wavy, wurly, sometimes curly; on my way to healthier, longer hair!

~Waist → Hip BCL TBL Goal: TBL+ V hem

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CoveredByLove View Post
    Calmyogi
    This calms my concerns about diffusing as well. I've never gotten damage from diffusing. I always scrunch or plop well with a t-shirt first, getting most of the water out. Then I diffuse on warm and low speed. It doesn't burn my hand, so that's my safety check too. I also continuously move my dryer around my head the whole time so it doesn't sit at one spot for too long. I've tried quitting the diffuser a couple of times without long term success. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but my hair seems to get damage from staying damp for too long and it needs to dry ASAP. Diffusing it, for me, is a safer option. I think it may have to do with my porosity. But I'm learning to just do what works for me, even if it goes against the grain a little bit. I read this article yesterday, and found it to be true for me. I say, if air drying works for you, do it! But if not, don't be afraid to diffuse.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlre...my-curly-hair/
    Thank you guys for the responses to my question! CoveredByLove I know what you mean. I decided to go out and get a ceramic hairdryer and my hair seemed to be pretty happy when I used it.

CurlyCap is there any updo you do that seems to help you preserve your curls?

Quixii is my hair inspiration and has been for years but wow your newest pics are just stunning.

Curly cap, I'd love your growth and your curls are delicious!

Iam trying to find some opinions from You guys about shampoobars for curly hair. Well more of a really strong wavy hair

Can You recommend any Bars from Chagrin valley? Except the butter Bar conditioner?

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Calmyogi,

I pretty much do the hairdo in your avatar, but with curls!

Starting with dry curly hair, I use Hand A to loosely wrap my curls around the wrist (palm against head, thumb pointing down) of Hand B. When the length of the curls are within grabbing distance of the fingers of Hand B, I grab the length with the fingers of Hand B, and prevent the hair wrapped around the wrist of Hand B from moving with the fingers of Hand A. Then I use the fingers of Hand B to start to pull the length up through the little tunnel created by my wrist and the back of my head. Then with Hand A, I hold the tunnel in place while I pull most of the length up through the tunnel, fluffing and girlifying the curls that appear at the top of the tunnel for my desired look that day. The ends stay buried in the tunnel. By doing this, the hair outside the tunnel looks very much like a french twist, the rest of my curls are somewhere near the crown of my head in a pseudo-pineapple, and my ends are protected in the tunnel. I then secure the whole mess with a very long hair fork placed into the pineapple and woven downwards parallel to the tunnel. You can also use spin pins, but it's more work and I usually am too impatient for that now that I've discovered 5" Jeter forks.

When I take my hair down at night, I shake my head out and all the curls from the length are preserved. After about 5 minutes, the curls nearest my scalp have bounced back or are easily persuaded by the humidity from the shower or a quick spritz.

The result looks like:

FYI: This photo was taken when my hair was ~APL-BSL, so there isn't much poof/pineapple at the top of the french twist (I didn't have much/any hair to pull through the tunnel). These days the poof is as big or compact as I want it depending how much curl preservation I want. But the look is still the same on the outside, and so it shows how most of the curl structure is preserved when you keep the wrapping low tension.

At night, I sleep with my hair down in an Adorabellababy silk cap and my curls (if they are dry when put into the cap) are fine the next morning. If my hair is damp (not soaking wet!) when I stick it into the cap, I actually have BETTER curls if it's completely dry by the time I take it off the next morning. Damp curls into a silk cap is like mega-plopping. It's my hair is wet and it's bedtime, I break out the hair dryer with diffuser on cool.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by CurlyCap; November 14th, 2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: I only speak one language and it is English and the original post was not written in anything like English.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    12/26/26
    Type
    2b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Latami View Post
    Iam trying to find some opinions from You guys about shampoobars for curly hair. Well more of a really strong wavy hair

Can You recommend any Bars from Chagrin valley? Except the butter Bar conditioner?
    I love their soaps for my body. For hair I got waxy build up even using ACV everyday.

Thank You for the answer Crabbyco,

Iam not to Fond of wavy Build up -.-

What are You using currently? Iam using shampoobars based on SLSA which is a milder sulfat. But i think that it is too drying for my curls, so i was thinking that soap Bars might be a better Choice....

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

What are You using currently? Iam using shampoobars based on SLSA which is a milder sulfat. But i think that it is too drying for my curls, so i was thinking that soap Bars might be a better Choice....
    Have you considered conditioner only washing, the curly girl method? This is where most curlies start their journey!! It didn't suit me but if you feel your mild shampoo is too drying it might be good for you. I don't think many of us use soapbars.

Length
    12/26/26
    Type
    2b/F/i

I tried a lot of shampoo bars and they all gave me build up. May have been my water or fine hair((shrugs)) I'm a COwasher now, using Natures Gate diluted with water.

Okay thanks for the Replies

I think i will try CO washing befpre soapbars then

Natures Gate is in the list now for trials