Page 739 of 842 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739740741749789839 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,390 of 8414

Thread: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default Re: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Using a soft brush. To massage my scalp to see if it actually does help with encouraging hair growth I know it's probably a placebo effect but I think it might be working. The third day after my hairs actually sticking up in weird places, it didn't do that a few days prior

Length
    Shave/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Wash day used the innate life rosemary scalp treatment, washed out with carina organics sweet pea shampoo and conditioner, mask briogeo kiwi and leave in innate life neroli spray, carina organics sweet pea then L'Oréal extraordinary serum. Been doing the capillary schedule just to see how if my hair looks and feels better.

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

New Update on my Baohuashui Project

So I've been working out for an hour every day, and I sweat like a pig. And since I have a lot of newly emerged hair on my nape since my severe hair loss:

I either have to clip the wispies or use a very thick hairband that I sewed from two small ones because I hate the hairs sticking to my skin when I am doing cardio.

But in reality, I don't like the terry cloth, even though it can stop the sweat from getting in my eyes, it also traps the sweat near my hairline, and that can't be good.

And since my workout involves a lot of mat work where I have to lie on my back for my bicycle or crunches or bridge movements, a clip is not a good idea, either. But all that friction can't be good on my hair.

But then I think about baohuashui and how it's used to fix styles. So this morning, before my workout, I applied baohuashui all over my scalp and length, and then I bunned it up. I sleeked back the hair around my face and neck.

And during my workout, I sweated a lot again, but without the hairband, I can actually feel my head is lighter and my scalp can "breathe", ie, the sweat in my scalp evaporated quicker.
    And whenever I felt my forehead and neck was wet, I smoothed it back into my hair.
    The wispies never bothered me through the workout.
    More than 1 hour later, my bun and hair stayed pretty much intact.

I do start to shed a bit more this week, which is to be expected since It's been over 11 days since my last shampoo days.

This weekend I will try out the new TRESemme Deep Cleansing shampoo that I just ordered.

Yesterday I received that package and found out that I had ordered the wrong one, I got the blue "Luxurious Moisture for dry, damaged hair", my fault, so I had to reorder, I placed the Moisture shampoo in our bathroom so my parents can use it as well since my mom's perm and dyed hair needs it more than I do.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; August 3rd, 2022 at 10:04 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

S&C with my regular products and added a vinegar rinse. I rinsed it out well before adding a pea sized amount of conditioner as a leave-in.
    growing to APL

Quote Originally Posted by aloewurly View Post
    S&C with my regular products and added a vinegar rinse. I rinsed it out well before adding a pea sized amount of conditioner as a leave-in.
    I forgot! I also did a very short S&D session. It wasn't very fruitful because it's already dark outside, and I couldn't really see the splits
    growing to APL

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Update on my Baohuashui Project:

My hair has too much buildup already so I stopped applying more today, when I finger combed, my fingers were full of flakey stuff. I’m gonna need to deep cleanse my hair this weekend.
    Before my workout this morning, I just wet my palms with clean water and smoothed back my baby hair, and the baohuashui in my hair pretty much helped the wispies stay put for over an hour.

I took down my bun once for my scalp massage.

I also started my short-term finger-comb only project. I didn’t really set a timer, just tried it for a day, if I am satisfied, I’ll go on for a second day and so on. Let’s see how long I can keep up.

I find that detangling with your fingers only takes more time. Here’s a trick I pick up.

I started by gathering all my hair into a low side pony, and twisting from the earlobe down until the end, I detangle from the end and slowly moved up while uncoiling the hair, this way I would not mistakenly tug on knotted hair and pull out hair and cause painful loss, so I only shed a little, just the right amount of normal daily sheds.

The key to detangling hair with fingers:
    Patience, patience and patience.

This is the amount of hair I shed today.
    The black dots are the flakey stuff I talked about.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; August 5th, 2022 at 07:25 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I've just relaxed my hair today and the relaxer I used was Bantu No Base In Regular Strength. The Neutralizing Shampoo I used after rinsing it out was also Bantu Conditioning Shampoo. Then, after shampooing twice I applied the Stabilizer Plus Pre-Conditioning Treatment. Then, after that I deep conditioned using the ORS Replenishing Conditioner. I've been sitting here letting it air dry all day long as it is in a ponytail.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

It’s resting in a turbie right now after washing. I did CWC today so we’ll see how my moisture levels feel this week. I really want to get back to doing deep conditioning treatments, maybe that will be my goal for the fall. It’s just hard to carve out the time with small people who require my services immediately and often lol.
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I've just co-washed my hair using Herbal Essence Rose Hips Conditioner. As my leave-ins I sprayed the Mane N Tail Detangling Spray and the Isoplus Wrap Lotion. Now, I'm sitting here letting it air dry up to 2 or 3 hours. Then, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow dry it for only 5 minutes.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    It’s resting in a turbie right now after washing. I did CWC today so we’ll see how my moisture levels feel this week. I really want to get back to doing deep conditioning treatments, maybe that will be my goal for the fall. It’s just hard to carve out the time with small people who require my services immediately and often lol.
    Hey, I'm changing up my routine a bit too for the rest of the year. Instead of doing just shampooing and conditioning three times a week I'm going to be co-washing 5-7 days week, and also deep conditioning twice a week. I remember once before about 4 or 5 years ago this routine helped my hair to grow a lot better, healthier, and faster for me. I bet it is hard to carve out the time with small people who require your services immediately and often lol.