Page 724 of 851 FirstFirst ... 224624674714722723724725726734774824 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I do not know of the curly girl handbook, but I always thought that "no brushing" relates to dry hair - IF you want your curls.

As for hairtyping pictures, I'd rather not do one because my hair is at 130% tanleness now - but if you accept egg washed, conditioner on wet in order to comb out, air dried - I can contribute

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    I do not know of the curly girl handbook, but I always thought that "no brushing" relates to dry hair - IF you want your curls.

As for hairtyping pictures, I'd rather not do one because my hair is at 130% tanleness now - but if you accept egg washed, conditioner on wet in order to comb out, air dried - I can contribute
    Yep. As I put in the post, it's much harder for most curlies to just leave their hair "as is" until it dries. Not only does this sometimes lead to the LOSS of curl pattern, but in the end it may lead to hair damage as they try to wash or detangle hair that has no product in it.

The goal is to get a picture of your hair with it's natural curl pattern, minimally altered by product. Ie, no 3cs taking pictures with so much gel in their hair that it looks like 2c. Because then things would just get confusing.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    2"/22.5"/30+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    Yep. As I put in the post, it's much harder for most curlies to just leave their hair "as is" until it dries. Not only does this sometimes lead to the LOSS of curl pattern, but in the end it may lead to hair damage as they try to wash or detangle hair that has no product in it.

The goal is to get a picture of your hair with it's natural curl pattern, minimally altered by product. Ie, no 3cs taking pictures with so much gel in their hair that it looks like 2c. Because then things would just get confusing.
    Sigh..Hairtyping Things are confusing anyway! This particular head of spirals when wet to nearly straight third day hair can't wait to see updated pics of the "classic" types.

Length
    30"/30"/50"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Wheee I found my curly hair thread home~
    Sorry to say though.. I don't leave my curls on because it gets tangled so much, though I've seen like products that have "curl" in the name, what do those products do could any of you tell me?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    ~sldr/18/22-25
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Ladies (and gentlemen, if any of you decide to read this thread), I just wanted to update you on how my curls/wurls have been doing. This week after washing my hair with my usual sulfate-free shampoo and conditioning with my current cone-free conditioner (L'oreal Eversleek Sulfate-free Intense Smoothing Shampoo and VO5 Extra Body Volumizing Conditioner), I applied curl boosting mousse to my damp hair (used Garnier Fructis Curl Construct Mousse, which has a cone low in the ingredients list). While my hair was more defined when it was damp (right after I put the mousse in and scrunched my hair), I don't recall seeing a lot of curls in my hair, maybe only in my bangs. After my hair was dry with the mousse in it, it was crunchy so I scrunched my hair again to scrunch the crunch out. At this point my curls/wurls became fuzzy and a lot more frizzy. Not sure what went wrong, if anything? Do you think my hair is just more wavy than curly and there's not a whole lot I can do to get it to be curly? Also, do you think it would be worth trying a curl defining creme?

On another note, this week, after combing my hair in the shower when I put conditioner into my hair I haven't combed my hair at all and I'm starting to notice more tangles in my hair. I am feeling like wanting to detangle my hair using my wide-tooth comb (though will probably start with my using my fingers to detangle first) as normally when I detangle, I do not notice a difference in how my waves/wurls/curls look when I use a wide-tooth comb or when I use my fingers (I feel like I loosen the waves/wurls/curls in my hair with my fingers just as easily as with a wide-tooth comb). Do you think detangling my hair with a wide-tooth comb would be a good idea or how do you suggest I detangle my hair? I would appreciate any replies. Thank you.

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by biogirl87 View Post
    Ladies (and gentlemen, if any of you decide to read this thread), I just wanted to update you on how my curls/wurls have been doing. This week after washing my hair with my usual sulfate-free shampoo and conditioning with my current cone-free conditioner (L'oreal Eversleek Sulfate-free Intense Smoothing Shampoo and VO5 Extra Body Volumizing Conditioner), I applied curl boosting mousse to my damp hair (used Garnier Fructis Curl Construct Mousse, which has a cone low in the ingredients list). While my hair was more defined when it was damp (right after I put the mousse in and scrunched my hair), I don't recall seeing a lot of curls in my hair, maybe only in my bangs. After my hair was dry with the mousse in it, it was crunchy so I scrunched my hair again to scrunch the crunch out. At this point my curls/wurls became fuzzy and a lot more frizzy. Not sure what went wrong, if anything? Do you think my hair is just more wavy than curly and there's not a whole lot I can do to get it to be curly? Also, do you think it would be worth trying a curl defining creme?

On another note, this week, after combing my hair in the shower when I put conditioner into my hair I haven't combed my hair at all and I'm starting to notice more tangles in my hair. I am feeling like wanting to detangle my hair using my wide-tooth comb (though will probably start with my using my fingers to detangle first) as normally when I detangle, I do not notice a difference in how my waves/wurls/curls look when I use a wide-tooth comb or when I use my fingers (I feel like I loosen the waves/wurls/curls in my hair with my fingers just as easily as with a wide-tooth comb). Do you think detangling my hair with a wide-tooth comb would be a good idea or how do you suggest I detangle my hair? I would appreciate any replies. Thank you.
    Are they tangles in the sense you simply cannot run your fingers through but detangle fine in the shower with conditioner on (normal for wavy/ curly hair) or proper knots/ mats/ threatening to damage your hair? When are they forming, in the day or overnight, if overnight what is your night time routine?

Personally I find leave in conditioner is largely what forms the defined clumps of waves/ curls and reduces or prevents frizz, styling product is to hold only. Too much styler in contact with hair that is not 'protected' and 'hydrated' by leave in conditioner leaves it feeling and looking 'dry' and poofy. Enough leave in conditioner also tends to reduce crunch and aid detangling when I initially wet under the shower. If I don't have good definition and frizz control when wet and products just applied I definitely won't have it when dry.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    bunzfan, my curls turn to waves by day three after washing and it does exactly the same thing! My avatar pic is of the floaty-ness. Your waves look very well behaved in your avatar picture. So pretty!
    Thank you that was a very rare well behaving day probably because it needed washing and had a lot of oil on it .
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Quote Originally Posted by biogirl87 View Post

My hair doesn't like mousse at all as it goes far too crunchy for me even with just using a small amount.
    The result is that I have to scrunch a lot to get the cast out and then it's pretty much left with no product in it (or feels like that) and is frizzy/fluffy too.

I use a light curl creme on mine which looks like a gel but turns to cream when rubbed between my hands.
    I use it on totally soaking wet hair and then scrunch some of the wetness and some of the product out with a microfibre towel or t-shirt.
    As it dries I do 'a little' scrunching just to get the cast out but I don't have much to do to get to that point.
    Many people say the less you fiddle with it the less frizzy it goes.
    I used to have a good frizz free day very occasionally maybe 4-6 times a year.
    Now I get a bad hair day about 4-6 times a year! Lol!

I never ever use a comb and haven't done for about a year and a half now. I only ever finger comb when co washing and then finger comb again to put leave in conditioner through it.

My curls seem to form when scrunching with my fingers and with my microfibre towel.
    I don't and wouldn't ever try to get my fingers all through it nor comb it when it's dry. It's not 'tangled' as such though for me - it's just curls happily sitting together snuggled up

I always wear my hair down too but the only time my hair will get actually tangled is if it is battered about my strong winds. But that's pretty rare.

Double-post.....
    Last edited by Bambi; October 12th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.
    Elen síla lúmenn ´Omentielvo
    sl***APL***bsl***wl***hip

My hair is behaving both texture-wise and I'm actually liking the color...sorry for the pic, was just happy.

Elen síla lúmenn ´Omentielvo
    sl***APL***bsl***wl***hip