Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: If you are 50 or over... do you wear your hair down when you go out?

Northern California, where the palm tree meets the pine
    Length
    27/34/38
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: If you are 50 or over... do you wear your hair down when you go out?

I'm 51. Rarely wear my (just barely hip length) down at all, not because of age but because I simply don't much care for how it looks when down, and because it gets too tangled. I've never gotten any negative comments, but have noticed that the only times I get catcalled or unwanted "Hey pretty lady" attention from strangers is when I wear it down. If I really wanted to leave it loose, I wouldn't let that alone stop me, but since I don't want to... Bonus.

Length
    0 ''/26.5"/.....

Default Re: If you are 50 or over... do you wear your hair down when you go out?

I'm almost 59 now and I wear my hair down most of the time. I've seen a few women with very long hair wear their hair in a braid that hangs either down their backs or over a shoulder.

Length
    //Thigh//
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

No, I don't when I go out. It's only down at home when it's drying.

At my present length, no. However, when I was in my mid-50s and at tailbone and classic, yes. For my part, age has no bearing but length does.

Complex creature

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    I'll be 50 this year. I wear my hair down more often than not.
    Girlcat, I find your hair absolutely lovely, with all these cute natural golden-silver curls !

Length
    2cm/hips/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Absolutely no idea what hair-length/style/colour got to do with age.
    Style/shape/life/? changes; ok, change hair maybe, down to personal opinion/situation.
    But age; as general and goofy as... How many fish fingers one has in their freezer because if more than 6, then cannot wear hair clips with penguins on, that would be wrong.

Type
    1b/F/i

I will be 69 next month. I am all silver. I wear it down (half-up, with a Flexi or bun holding the up part) once a week or so, in cool weather only. I am just at BSL now, still growing. No one has ever said anything to me, except my sister, who does not like long hair.
    Last edited by roseomalley; May 26th, 2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

Length
    25/381/2/43
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I always wear my hair down when out and I get compliments on it all the time. Sometimes it's about the length and other times it's about the color. Makes me feel good