Page 697 of 851 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699707747797 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    21.5/25.0/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I haven't found a good way to use my turbie twist to plop, I've been using an old t-shirt. Usually all the nice waves end up falling out as my hair air-dries! Next time I wash in the evening I will try and plop overnight to see what happens.
    Lady Miluiel of the Guiding Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~ Find Routine ~ BSL ~ Grow Layers Out ~ Mid-Back ~ Tail Bone ~ Thicken Ends ~

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Another thing is to add your gel with a drop or 2 of oil mixed on uour very wet cowashed hair before you put it in your turbie. It's worth a try to keep your waves in. Good luck!
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Length
    21.5/25.0/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Ooh never thought to combine my oil and gel!! Straight gel (over the oil) made my hair stick together too much, so combining the two sounds like just the way to get the best of both worlds. Thanks for the tip!

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

You could also use pure aloe gel instead of gel I find gel dries me out but aloe gives the same effect without the drying. Look for clear gel not the colored stuff that has other things in it.
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    APL/MBL/HIP
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have a problem curlies, the majority of my hair forms soft ringlets however the very front section where my fringe used to be before I grew it out is practically straight and wont curl whatever I do... it's very frustrating, even curling sprays don't seem to want to work on it, i've attempted to cut it a bit shorter just in case it was damaged but it still isn't curling... maybe the whole lot is damaged? It just doesn't look it :P
    Help and advice would be very appreciated

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    I use turbie twists too, it's mostly about making sure you accordian (is that a word?)your hair snd not moving it around so it doesn't frizz. Make sure you tell us how it went 😃
    I think I might have to investigate these turbie twists everyone keeps mentioning. Are they made of any particular material to avoid fizzing up your hair, or is it just normal towel material?

Length
    21.5/25.0/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I believe they are microfiber, but they might just be plain old cotton. Here is a link to the original product.

http://www.turbietwist.com/index.php?id=12

It is the shape of an elongated shower cap, with a loop on the "long" end (that goes towards the ends of your hair) and a button on the other end (which you'd place against your scalp). You enfold your hair in the "long" portion of it, twist as little or much as you'd like, and then flip it back on your scalp and secure with the button. I have tried it bent at the waist with my hair flipped over my head (with the button at the nape of my neck), and also standing up with my hair down my back, with the button at my forehead. It works fine either way.

It looks like they now sell travel towels, etc.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I use a turby for plopping, but I don't use it exactly the way you'd normally turban your hair.

I bend over with my hair dangling (after raking through whatever leave-in I'm using that day), then I put the "pocket" of the turby under my ends. Then I slowly raise the turby, being sure that all my hair lands inside the pocket. Moving it in a slight circular motion seems to help the tresses distribute themselves rather evently.

Then when I get all the way to my scalp, I twist the front "loose" part of the turby (the part that would normally contain the length, if turbanning in the normal manner) right at my forehead, then pull the loose "tail" part up over my head to fasten it at the nape (my turbie has a loop to pull the tail through, rather than a button to hook it to, but the concept is the same).

This results in having my length "plopped" on top of my head in curl formation.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    21.5/25.0/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Thank you, GRU! That makes a whole lot of sense.

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I believe they are microfiber, but they might just be plain old cotton. Here is a link to the original product.

http://www.turbietwist.com/index.php?id=12

It is the shape of an elongated shower cap, with a loop on the "long" end (that goes towards the ends of your hair) and a button on the other end (which you'd place against your scalp). You enfold your hair in the "long" portion of it, twist as little or much as you'd like, and then flip it back on your scalp and secure with the button. I have tried it bent at the waist with my hair flipped over my head (with the button at the nape of my neck), and also standing up with my hair down my back, with the button at my forehead. It works fine either way.

It looks like they now sell travel towels, etc.
    Thank you for this explanation. Mystery solved.