Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

red-again: I don't know what the shelf life is supposed to be, but I have some Toadstool shampoo and conditioner that I bought a year ago that is still good (I like to rotate scents rather than use one until it's finished).

I use the products pretty much the way Cheryl recommends. I shampoo, rinse, then apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner. As my hair dries I add more of the conditioner if needed. On days I don't wash, I mist my hair and add a bit of the conditioner to eliminate frizz. Every 2-4 shampoos (depending on how my hair feels) I use the conditioning cream, leaving it on while doing my other shower duties, rinse, then apply leave-in as before.

IMO, the leave-in conditioner would probably be too thin and runny to really work well for CO, and the conditioning cream I think would be too heavy. Someone else might disagree. Either one would be really expensive to use for CO.

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

L don't think the Leave-n would work well as a CO as it's rather thin. I think it would take copious amounts to do the job. Haven't tried any of the other hair products so I can't make any recommendations other than to say that I love the Leave-In as a Leave-In It leaves my hair soft, silky, shiny and manageable without being weighed down at all What's not to love?
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Question Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

I wonder if using some of the Conditioning Creme to thicken uup the Leave-In Conditioner would work well for CO? I might give it a try one of these days when I use up some of my supply of other no Sulfate Shampoos and Connditioning Cleansers . It would be great to have a scent of CO that I truly love If any of you have tried it or do try it, please comment here to let us know how it works for you and TIA
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Thanks for the responses, hairitic and mina17, I will to get most out of this stuff deviate from my co plan, I am using lots of jojoba oil on my hair now and trying daktarin too so it does need the extra I think.

Now I have another Q!! Are her shampoos worth buying, do they match / compliment her condish really well? If so, I may as well order them - in for a penny, eh?
    So, I will buy shampoos and leave-ins - do I need the deep condish, I'm thinking yes, but maybe not? (that was at least two Q's, sorry!) I will prob order the shampoo in unscented and get the matching dents in leave in and deep, good plan?

I decided on my list of scents yesterday eve tho, they will be for me - Dragon Blood, Frangipani, and then to share with my daughters, Mini Skirt and for them Fun on the Beach ( not one currently listed on easy) and Strawberry Fields.

Sorry for yet another ramble!

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I love her shampoo. It is pretty much the only one that doesn't make my hair a frizz fest on wash day. Definitely worth a try IMO .

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Yay! My big ol' order (for me, anyway) should arrive today! I actually can't wait to try the skin care products tonight. The rest will have to wait for my morning shower. It's just wrong to be this excited...

Length
    21/18/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

I really really really want some of her products. I'm going to the states this summer, wondering whether I can wait for then, have the products shipped to my friend there and then collect them when I go there, or if I'm going to not be able to wait and blow all my money on the crazy priority mail shipping cost...
    What a dilemma!
    Chopped the end of the bleach damage 01/01/2013.
    No trims in 2013!
    nape ... SL ... APL ... BSL ... WL ... Hip ... TBL ...and then?

Length
    25.5/37.5/45.0
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm excited! This morning as a post Mother's Day gift (to myself), I ordered Milk-and-Honey shampoo and leave-in conditioner to go with the Milk-and-Honey deep conditioning cream I already have; a deep conditioning cream in the Patchuli scent; and a shampoo, leave-in conditioner & deep conditioning cream all in that famous Blue Lilac. I can't wait to get them!

WhooHoo!

Length
    Short/37/CLSC
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Witherup View Post
    Sorry I never updated! I just added some Voodoo (which smells like cherry Coke!) to a little unscented leave in, in a cup just in case I didn't like it, put it in my hair after my shower, 4 days later I could still smell it!!!! It was like two squirts of leave in, and a few drops of oil! Now I'm waiting on some new oil and I'll scent the whole bottle of shampoo and condish, I'll let ya know how it goes but I'm sure it will be FAB!!
    Awesome, thank you! Sounds great. I've noticed that the BPAL scents really linger - I rubbed a little of my Danse Macabre into my hair on Saturday evening and I was shocked by how long it lasted and how strong the scent was!

Quick question for everyone who's ordered from her before: how long does it usually take before she ships? I ordered on Sunday and got an email from her either that same evening or Monday letting me know she'd be working on my order and getting it out, and since then nothing. I know it's just Wednesday (I sometimes hate online order because I want it NOW, ha) but was wondering if that's typical? I guess I could follow up with her but thought I'd ask here first, what's her usual turn around. Thank you!!
    Lady Persephone, Keeper of the Phoenix Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightStar View Post
    Awesome, thank you! Sounds great. I've noticed that the BPAL scents really linger - I rubbed a little of my Danse Macabre into my hair on Saturday evening and I was shocked by how long it lasted and how strong the scent was!

Quick question for everyone who's ordered from her before: how long does it usually take before she ships? I ordered on Sunday and got an email from her either that same evening or Monday letting me know she'd be working on my order and getting it out, and since then nothing. I know it's just Wednesday (I sometimes hate online order because I want it NOW, ha) but was wondering if that's typical? I guess I could follow up with her but thought I'd ask here first, what's her usual turn around. Thank you!!

No worries! Cheryl is pretty quick about shipping things out. I get my stuff in less than a week!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large