Page 64 of 1268 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566741141645641064 ... LastLast

Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post
    UncommonTart: I absolutely have an elastic under that. Slippery hair, check.

Custom Flexi8 with an eternity circle center and light sapphire beads:

wg
    Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post
    Getting kind of thin in here...

Baerreis finny fork in tiger maple:

wg
    Thanks for answering my question. I'm definitely going to have to get some mini flexis then.

And, may I say, your finny is beautiful. I'd been thinking about one, now that I know how much I love wooden forks, but I wasn't crazy about any of the ones they are showing in their Etsy shop currently.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jahof45 View Post
    What do you think of the Flexstix? Are they worth the money? I'm torn between the Quattro Basic metal sticks and a pair of Flexstix similar to yours. Your opinion would be helpful. TIA
    I love my flexstix. I have one other pair and four singles in the flexstix, all topped. I've also got three starlites anchor pins and one sterling topped starlites titanium stick. I haven't got any of the plain basics sticks, so I can't compare directly. I've thought of getting some a few times, for things that I wouldn't wear the sterling-topped ones for (excercise, shower, etc) but since I got the anchor pins and one of the body gems flexstix in stainless steel, I haven't seen the need. I suppose that aesthetically I just prefer the topped sticks. (Every time I have headed that way to purchase a set of basics, something else has caught my eye and I've bought it instead.)

As far as being "worth the money," I've not been the least bit disappointed with anything I've bought from Ron Quattro. I'm not sure how you decide what something is "worth", but his workmanship is superb, and in my experience, his materials more than stand up to his skills. I love my flexstix and I plan on buying more soon, if that helps you at all.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Well, I've had the cable company send soemone out to fix my internet problems and after sitting around all day waiting (Thanks for that, it's not like I had any other obligations yesterday, after all.) I've been told that my line is "out" and I need new cable installed. This involves getting approval from the apartment complex, which involves getting permission from the property owner, to drill a hole in the side of the building. meanwhile I have a temporary (and less than entirely reliable) solution in place. (Yay.) Hopefully, once this is all settled, I'll be around more frequently to update. (Yay!)

So yesterday, (while waiting) I wore an extra large Flexi-8 in silver with a flower design, in a flexi-twist; that's just what I call this style, since I haven't figured out any other way to wear my two XL's. I have heard rumors of custom XXL Flexi's, and at some point, I may have to email the company about the possibility.

Today, I wore my NightBlooming Spanish Moss hair stick in a pony tail bun. I saw this stick and just had to buy it- its colors remind me of a cypress swamp that I love.

Quote Originally Posted by UncommonTart View Post
    I love my flexstix. I have one other pair and four singles in the flexstix, all topped. I've also got three starlites anchor pins and one sterling topped starlites titanium stick. I haven't got any of the plain basics sticks, so I can't compare directly. I've thought of getting some a few times, for things that I wouldn't wear the sterling-topped ones for (excercise, shower, etc) but since I got the anchor pins and one of the body gems flexstix in stainless steel, I haven't seen the need. I suppose that aesthetically I just prefer the topped sticks. (Every time I have headed that way to purchase a set of basics, something else has caught my eye and I've bought it instead.)

As far as being "worth the money," I've not been the least bit disappointed with anything I've bought from Ron Quattro. I'm not sure how you decide what something is "worth", but his workmanship is superb, and in my experience, his materials more than stand up to his skills. I love my flexstix and I plan on buying more soon, if that helps you at all.
    Thank you UncommonTart, I didn't question his workmanship, I can see the quality that goes into his work. I've been really concerned about whether such thin sticks could hold securely.

What I needed to know was if those itty-bitty, skinny sticks could securely hold long/thick hair all day. Since I'd seen you wear them I thought I'd ask your opinion. If you are happy with the hold, I sure would be because you have longer/thicker hair than mine.

Thanks again! I'm off to spend some money at Quattro's site.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jahof45 View Post
    Thank you UncommonTart, I didn't question his workmanship, I can see the quality that goes into his work. I've been really concerned about whether such thin sticks could hold securely.

What I needed to know was if those itty-bitty, skinny sticks could securely hold long/thick hair all day. Since I'd seen you wear them I thought I'd ask your opinion. If you are happy with the hold, I sure would be because you have longer/thicker hair than mine.

Thanks again! I'm off to spend some money at Quattro's site.

Ah, gotcha. Yes, they hold extremely well. I was skeptical about those "microgrooves" initially, but they work beautifully. I can even wear them for dance class without slippage.
    Last edited by UncommonTart; June 12th, 2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: k, not c. I knew it...

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

jahof45 - just in case you haven't seen it before, you might like to read the Quattro thread as well... it has info on the different materials he uses, as well as pics.

Thank you everyone! I'm off to read the thread.

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Copper abstract slide from www.wirejewlelry.net:

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Today, a side bun, behind my ear (though you can't really tell from this picture, sorry) with a glittery tigerlily pin, from Claire's. I'd really like to make some of these with more realistic looking flowers, but I can't find the right pins.

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I'm going to be commuting to Eastbourne much of this week (to watch and report on the tennis), so won't have time to post; these are today's, plus a few I haven't had a chance to post lately to tide it over for the week. It does seem to be winding down...

Today's is a dymondwood fork in red and green by jimfo on ebay:

Flexi8 with red beads and a celtic knot:

Ficcare headband (you can't see it very well, but trust me...):

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)