Page 620 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 120520570610618619620621622630670720 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    When I did mayo in the past, no amount of shampoo got that smell out. It lingered for months, whenever I wet my hair. Now even just ACV reminds me of that smell, which is why I use white vinegar. Suffice to say, it's not something I'll put on my hair again.
    I was really worried about that actually. Thankfully (I guess??) the greek yogurt I mixed with it smelled way stronger. You've officially warned me off just using mayo forever though.
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

When I did mayo in the past, no amount of shampoo got that smell out. It lingered for months, whenever I wet my hair. Now even just ACV reminds me of that smell, which is why I use white vinegar. Suffice to say, it's not something I'll put on my hair again.
    I had the same experience with Miracle Whip and also with yogurt! Eggs can do that to me too. I wonder if I have low porosity hair and this stuff just soaks in and stays? Doesn't seem like it. My hair is hard to saturate with water and dries pretty quickly too. Maybe I'm just really sensitive to smells... but I stay away from these things for treatments now.
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    8/9/15
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I don't know what has happened, I was doing soooo well with CO washing but today has been an absolute disaster. I washed my hair in the morning with my normal conditioner for the scalp (unscented) and Tresemme Naturals on the ends. I left it to air dry as I normally do, but something happened today. My hair became incredibly rough and dry on the ends and my scalp literally feels like leather.

I don't know what has caused this since I haven't changed anything in my regime (except a vinegar rinse but that was last week). The only thing I can think of is the weather as it's all of a sudden turned very hot over here (87F/31C) and the humidity is quite high, but can the weather really do that to hair and scalp??

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I'm having a bad hair day too. My hair is feeling soggy and overconditioned, so I underconditioned today and the result is ugly and fuzzy from not enough conditioner. On days like today I always do the same thing: I'm not happy with my hair, but I'm paranoid of breakage from doing the same twist-and-hairstick to put it up every day, so I decide to braid it. Braiding destroys my curl pattern. I'm not happy with the braids. I take them out. My hair is a mess. I get it wet and rebraid it. Try to pass it off as a bad hair day. Rinse and repeat.

Happened the last time I got to hip too, right around the same time of year: July and August in this area are the THE WORST for my hair.

I'm thinking I'll put an egg in it tonight and hope the protein solves my soggy-stretchy-hair problem so that I can condition it enough tomorrow.

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Elithia View Post
    Happened the last time I got to hip too, right around the same time of year: July and August in this area are the THE WORST for my hair.
    Ahh, I hear you. My hair is recting to the heat and humidity by slicking to my scalp to the ears then fluffing up like a broody Buff Orpington on the ends. It is going up and staying up.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

The past few days i've resigned myself to the fact that my hair is not going to be on best behaviour in the heat/humidity so i've taken the opportunity to just really heavily oil and keep it up - no point getting frustrated with it (plus the hairtoys like days out )
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Oh the irony of it all. This week, my hair is the most brilliant it's been for months! I think I flourish in hot/close conditions. I've been flying round (semi naked) cleaning and renovating my flat too. Weird. Feet are a bit swollen though...

Sorry, back to CO washing...
    Awakening from the dream...

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Ouch. Perhaps this may have something to do with the fact that the commercial mayos have much too much vinegar in them so they store better? Anyways, I had no problem yesterday with getting my (very moderately acidic) hommemade mayo out of the hair. It was wonderfully fluffy and soft BTW. No funny smells.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisiloves View Post
    Ahh, I hear you. My hair is recting to the heat and humidity by slicking to my scalp to the ears then fluffing up like a broody Buff Orpington on the ends. It is going up and staying up.
    That orpington may have a cousin over here. On those days I stroke over the head with minute amounts of glycerine or light/medium oils. Also 50/50 water and conditioner in a spraybottle may help some.

/ CMG

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    Ouch. Perhaps this may have something to do with the fact that the commercial mayos have much too much vinegar in them so they store better? Anyways, I had no problem yesterday with getting my (very moderately acidic) hommemade mayo out of the hair. It was wonderfully fluffy and soft BTW. No funny smells.
    Maybe. Maybe also that they have mustard and other spices in them. I just couldn't help thinking I smelled like a deli sandwich every time I washed. :PPP I think a homemade, simple mayo would work a lot better.

I'm overconditioned today too. I think I'm going to have to cut back on the deep conditioning frequency and do a protein treatment tomorrow. My hair is still dry overall, so I think it needs more "stuff" not less, but it doesn't need any extra moisturizers right now! The dewpoint is 50 right now, so humidity isn't the problem here!
    Last edited by earthnut; July 24th, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    8/9/15
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Looks like I'm not alone with the bad hair day in the heat/humidity, but seriously sometimes I wish I were cast away on a desert island and then I would shave my head and stay there for about a year for it to grow back nicely.