Page 618 of 878 FirstFirst ... 118518568608616617618619620628668718 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    10.5"/CBL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Is an ACV/acidic rinse...mandatory? I have soft water and my hair doesn't feel too waxy (haven't been ACV rinsing), just a little weighed down.
    And I have no problem with that, my 1c hair can get pretty unruly. This honestly doesn't bother me.
    Lady Vineglow, Sage of Knowledge, Bottle Blonde Cat-Lady of The Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by alexis917 View Post
    Is an ACV/acidic rinse...mandatory? I have soft water and my hair doesn't feel too waxy (haven't been ACV rinsing), just a little weighed down.
    And I have no problem with that, my 1c hair can get pretty unruly. This honestly doesn't bother me.
    I never do a rinse after using CV shampoo. It does feel like there's residue but when it dries, my hair feels and looks thicker, which is what I need since I am thinning.

Length
    18 in/18in/floor

What's SLS?
    Also, I thought the Lush ones were like soap and all natural ingredients! Oops. Should make a short thread called "Shampoo bars for dummies"
    So what's the best ones then?

Length
    10.5"/CBL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SkyChild View Post
    What's SLS?
    Also, I thought the Lush ones were like soap and all natural ingredients! Oops. Should make a short thread called "Shampoo bars for dummies"
    So what's the best ones then?
    SLS= probably refers to sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate.
    I like the coconut milk shampoo bar so far, but I have thick, coarse, 1c hair. Every hair type (and scalp!) is different, so take the characteristics of your own hair into account!
    Lady Vineglow, Sage of Knowledge, Bottle Blonde Cat-Lady of The Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Pixie/Bsl/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

The ones we are talking about are from chagrin valley soap and salve
    http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com
    If your interested I suggest buying a bunch of samples they are only 2.70 a pop and very generously sized, you can see all the ingredients on the website, aside from the lye (sodium hydroxide) used to turn it into soap everything in the ingredients list is natural and you can actually pronounce it
    No. You make me a sandwich.

Length
    SL/33/50
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I had a dream last night I was trying to decide which bar to try first... I might be a little obsessed.

June 2022 chopped back to WL (33”)
    Fixing autoimmune issues, insulin resistance, mental health and inflammation with the bonus of losing 80 pounds (60+ to go) and growing stronger hair and nails.

Length
    Pixie/Bsl/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I've had that dream! And now I own every chagrin valley shampoo bar except mud and clay (sounds unappealing to me) and have reordered spares of my favorites, none of my bars are even 1/3 done yet.

Length
    11.0/14.5/25
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Okay, update time:

I decided to try once more with the shampoo bars and vinegar rinse, then if I still had greasy roots I'd do a clarifying wash next time. So yesterday I washed with the ayurvedic shampoo bar and instead of lowering the amount of vinegar, I increased it. 1/4 cup to 16oz of water. That's the lowest ration Chagrin Valley suggests on their website, so I thought I'd try it. Previously I'd been using about 1tsp per 16oz of water.

Well, it's the day after I shampooed and so far my roots aren't greasy. The ends of my hair (which have chemical and heat damage anyway) were really dry and frizzy looking yesterday, but they've calmed down today. My aim is to wash every 4th or fifth day - So I'm trying to make it until Thursday, having washed Sunday. I know by Wednesday I'll probably be in a hat or a head wrap due to the greasies, though. If things look bad as early as tomorrow, though, I'm going to try a clarifying wash on Thursday, as I said. Then start all over again with the shampoo bars.

I noticed Bruiser said to decrease the amount of acid if I had the greasies, but so far increasing is what seems to be working. That's just from this one trial, though. My hair has always been a problem child, and right now it's half natural/dye free, and half covered in dye and kind of dry and damaged, so that probably only makes things more confusing. Mrr.

I will keep you updated though. Thank you so much for all the suggestions!

Length
    Pixie/Bsl/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

That's great you found a ratio that is working for you ! I have chemical dye damage from the jawline down and at first it was pretty crunchy and dry, I think it was like detoxing from sulphates and silicones, but over the last 6 months it's become so much softer and now it isn't crunchy at all and I get a great result every wash, super shiny and no frizz. I have however been very militant about SD and taken off a couple inches. I also find the auryvadic bar really drying maybe try a different bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    I've had that dream! And now I own every chagrin valley shampoo bar except mud and clay (sounds unappealing to me) and have reordered spares of my favorites, none of my bars are even 1/3 done yet.
    I stock up afraid my favs will go discontinued even though there is no sign they will be! I have the mud clay. It's one I would definitely say get a sample because it is different than the others. This is good for oily hair imo. While it cleans the scalp nicely, it leaves my hair needing conditioner afterwards, and I don't use any conditioner with the other poo bars. We'll see in the summer when hair/scalp can get dirtier and oilier than it does now.