Page 600 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610650700 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    2"/5"/APL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

I was getting scalp pimles too but as the weeks go by these seem to be reducing, in fact I only have one at the moment. I do wash my hair once a week with 'Keracare sulphate free detangling shampoo' (which i love) as I have very fine greasy hair and maybe this helps with the pimples. But I suspect it is more to do with my scalp slowly adjusting to mainly CO washing which i was not used to before.

I used to wash my hair everyday, can't imagine going back to that routine again.
    Lou x
    Pixie/Ear/Just below ear/just below chin/SL/CBL/APL/BSL

Length
    SL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Ok so i've been CO for a week, i've been using V05 Revive me daily conditioner as my 'scrubby' conditioner and Doves intensive repair express treatment conditioner on my length and ends afterwards. My hair hasn't been getting overly oily but I still think I could do with a lighter conditioner than V05 for washing with so yesterday I bought Superdrug Naturals Tea Tree and Peppermint conditioner for 99p I'm hoping to have better results with this, anyone else on here used it for co?

So far i've been having lovely results, I'm hoping that i'll be able to reach waist with this method as hopefully it'll stop my ends from drying out as fast.
    ♫And I know that we've still got time, But I do not think we're invincible!♫
    Finally BSL Next stop waist!

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RachieBaby View Post
    Ok so i've been CO for a week, i've been using V05 Revive me daily conditioner as my 'scrubby' conditioner and Doves intensive repair express treatment conditioner on my length and ends afterwards. My hair hasn't been getting overly oily but I still think I could do with a lighter conditioner than V05 for washing with so yesterday I bought Superdrug Naturals Tea Tree and Peppermint conditioner for 99p I'm hoping to have better results with this, anyone else on here used it for co?

So far i've been having lovely results, I'm hoping that i'll be able to reach waist with this method as hopefully it'll stop my ends from drying out as fast.

If the Superdrug condish doesn't work for you try the Asda Smartprice (500ml 24p), it cleans better than their shampoo. Or you could try diluting, that might make it lighter.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    SL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tisiloves View Post
    If the Superdrug condish doesn't work for you try the Asda Smartprice (500ml 24p), it cleans better than their shampoo. Or you could try diluting, that might make it lighter.
    Ok thanks for the recommendation

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I am new to LHC (but have been a lurker for several months!) and am very curious about the co-washing method as my hair is dry. I swim alot and would rather avoid using an anti-residue shampoo since these are very harsh; can I effectively wash out the chlorine just using a conditioner? Also, does anyone have any tips on a good cheapie conditioner that has worked well for oily hair? The roots of my hair get oily within 24 hours! Thanks!

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rcblinn View Post
    I am new to LHC (but have been a lurker for several months!) and am very curious about the co-washing method as my hair is dry. I swim alot and would rather avoid using an anti-residue shampoo since these are very harsh; can I effectively wash out the chlorine just using a conditioner? Also, does anyone have any tips on a good cheapie conditioner that has worked well for oily hair? The roots of my hair get oily within 24 hours! Thanks!
    The problem with chlorine (as I'm sure you know) is that it attaches to hair and continues to cause damage long after the initial exposure. Regular shampoo and conditioner will not remove chlorine completely. Eventually the chlorine will get washed away but not before damage is done.

You can't neutralize chlorine in the hair without an antichlor. Antichlors include Sodium Thiosulfate (which is in Ultra Swim) and hydrogen peroxide. There's a bigger list here. You could buy an antichlor and add it to a shampoo of your choice if you wish. Here's one source.

Most COer's try to prevent chlorine damage by moisturizing their hair very well before swimming. Though, highly oiled hair is frowned upon by pool owners because it can foul the water. Many also wet their hair thoroughly before getting into the pool. The theory is that if the hair is already saturated with water, the chlorinated water won't penetrate the hair as much. Personally, I doubt this. As a dyer, I soak wool in water before dyeing and the dye still penetrates fully into the wool.

Your scalp getting oily quickly is a normal reaction to stopping harsh shampoos. Your scalp is used to getting dried out and compensating by producing a lot of oil. As it gets used to your new routine, the oil production will slow.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I've not tried it but let us know how it goes, is it cone-free? I think the UK versions of VO5 have cones so you might see a difference just because of that. My recommendation for UK CO is Morrisons Jojoba. I think it's 80p for 750ml and I dilute it equal parts with water as it is pretty thick
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rcblinn View Post
    For swimming I would suggest heavy oiling and a swim cap, it's better to stop the chlorine getting in there in the first place than to strip it out afterwards.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    SL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    I've not tried it but let us know how it goes, is it cone-free? I think the UK versions of VO5 have cones so you might see a difference just because of that. My recommendation for UK CO is Morrisons Jojoba. I think it's 80p for 750ml and I dilute it equal parts with water as it is pretty thick
    Yes I think its cone free, when I read the label I couldn't see any. It was definitely a lot lighter than the V05 conditioner and easier to rinse out. It also worked up quite a good lather especially if you added some more water to it. Im going to use it again tonight to see if I get the same result, hopefully i'll be able to continue to use this one. Also because its Tea Tree and Peppermint your scalp does feel really clean.
    I'll keep an eye out for the Morrisons one though as that sounds exceptionally good value for money I think the Superdrug one is around 250mls.

Tomorrow I plan on a shampoo, DT and COing the DT out. Using shampoo as I don't think I could keep using CO without a shampoo once a week.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I don't think I could keep using CO without a shampoo once a week.
    Thats what I originally thought, now I barely touch shampoo! Most people find that once their hair has adjusted they have no need for shampoo in their regular routine, but by all means just listen to your hair and do what works best for you
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict