View Poll Results: Do you see a difference in your hair when you do a final cold water rinse?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, big difference in how my hair looks and feels.

122 31.36%
  • Not sure, but I do it anyway.

165 42.42%
  • No, no difference.

49 12.60%
  • I don’t rinse with cold water, I use cheese.

53 13.62%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Water Rinse?

Length
    16/34/36
    Type
    1a/F/i

I live in the sub-arctic; when it’s not -40 or worse I will do the cold water rinse at the end of my morning shower. When it’s -40 or colder, my hair is going to have a bad day anyway so it's only slightly cooler than wonderfully hot because I’m not going to start freezing any sooner than I must.

I opted for the not sure but do it anyway, mostly because it tends to have only a moderate result, but I go to more trouble than that for fewer results in other areas, and that bit of a shock isn't such a bad thing to finish waking me up enough so I can make my morning tea.

Length
    pixie/3"/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I just can't stand the cold water and I didn't see enough of a difference in my hair to want to do it.

Blewyn Euraid
    Length
    TB/TB/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I put not sure because over the winter Ive not been able to bring myself to rinse in cold. I will have to go back to cold rinses again and see.

Length
    Bob/67"/67"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

A cold rinse seems to make my hair softer and shinier, but it also seems to make my hair more wavy and thus more prone to tangles.
    iii 2b F 62"

Length
    Knee+/23,5"/23,5"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Not sure, but I do it anyway. I've done it longer than I can remember. I always bend forward when washing and rinsing (and wear rubber boots then... such a weirdo ), so cold water isn't a problem.

Length
    >BSL/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I voted not sure, but I do it anyway I haven't not done a cold water rinse in years, so I don't know what my hair looks like if I don't do it.

But for some reason, I do always do the rinse; I'd feel totally weird if I didn't do it. I've been meaning to give it a try withouth the cold rinse, to see if my hair would be less shiny for example. But it's like a compulsion, I just *have* to do it! LOL

I just like how it makes my head feel, or something nice and refreshed.

Oh yeah, like Katrina I also wash my hair while bending forwards so I only get cold water on my hair and scalp. (I don't wear rubber boots though!! )
    Where o where is my black & white Lotus... have I sold it? Have I lost it? I honestly can't remember!!

Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

I think it helps my hair but I have to pretty consistent about it and use really cold water.
    Lady Emyn of the Red Mountains in the Oder of the Long Haired Knights
    "Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?"

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I find my hair to be smoother when I rinse cold. I'll admit its easier and refreshing in the summer. The winter is another story. Brrr!

Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm one of the weirdos who actually like the cold rinse at the end. To me it feels very refreshing, especially in the summer months. (Although if it's the dead of winter I sometimes have to talk myself into it!)

I don't notice a big difference, but cold water definitely helps with softness and shine. My hair seems to get less tangles as well.
    SuperCool Sunglasses generously provided by snowbear!
    Lady Wavelengthe of Auburne Waves, Order of Long Haired Knights

I always cold rinse. I bend my body backwards so that only my scalp and hair get cold water, i dont want to freeze! After that, i unsually warm my body with warm water, without letting it touch my hair. I dont know does it make any difference, because i always do it.