Page 576 of 851 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

My hair tangle the most on the underside. It is very fine and I think it rubs on my back, creating little knots and matts.

Does anyone use Aveda Be Curly to help hold the curl? My hair starts of as 2c but can "fall" throughout the day until it looks 2a. Gel and mousse seem to make it tangle more.

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Commercial gels and mousse can do that for me too. Homemade psyllium seed gel has never given me this problem. I guess with fuller/thicker hair you would just have to crunch it out a bit first before you get it the way you like it.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

My curl is so dependent on the weather ... I look like anything from 3a to 2a, depending on how humid it is. Too much effort to fight the weather I think.

Length
    12"/12"/termi
    Type
    3a/F/i

regarding the You tube video with the girl with the curly red hair with her system. : I noticed she used LA Looks gel. It was a huge bottle of yellow gel. Has anyone tried this?? What are your opinions and experiences with this product? I have yet to fine the right one.
    Thank you!
    Infinity
    3a F i

Length
    25 in/33 in/4ever
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

I don't know if this makes sense, but coconut oil perks my curl pattern up for some reason.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    regarding the You tube video with the girl with the curly red hair with her system. : I noticed she used LA Looks gel. It was a huge bottle of yellow gel. Has anyone tried this?? What are your opinions and experiences with this product? I have yet to fine the right one.
    Thank you!
    I heard that LA Looks gel works great for the "curly girl" method although I haven't tried it...I have really sensitive skin, and synthetic fragrances usually give me a headache, so I avoid drugstore products...and I pay dearly for this but oh well.

My favorite gel is Max Green Alchemy sculpting gel....love that, I've used it for years. Hope they never change the formula. I use it for damp-bunning to get my hair really smooth, and for scrunching to encourage curls if I want to wear it curly.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    I heard that LA Looks gel works great for the "curly girl" method although I haven't tried it...I have really sensitive skin, and synthetic fragrances usually give me a headache, so I avoid drugstore products...and I pay dearly for this but oh well.

My favorite gel is Max Green Alchemy sculpting gel....love that, I've used it for years. Hope they never change the formula. I use it for damp-bunning to get my hair really smooth, and for scrunching to encourage curls if I want to wear it curly.
    I use the LA Looks sport (blue) with very good results. It has a following among people using the CG method. For some people it works just as well or even better than the fancy expensive ones, and for some people it doesn't work at all. But it's worth trying, because a giant bottle only costs $2-3.

If you're wondering about specific products, you might check out the product reviews section of naturallycurly.com. I got a lot of good info there when I was just starting out and feeling a little overwhelmed trying to figure out what products to try.

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Thank you!
    I feel the yellow may make my curls wierd so I use either the LA LOOKS SPORTS GEL [dark blue] didn't like the curl one [light blue] but I <3 THE NUTRACURL WITH AVOCADO OIL... it is amazing!!! Best thing on soaking wet hair!! my curls sprang from 3b to 3cs?
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    Curly-haired people: what is your favorite product or tool to reduce tangles when you wear your hair curly? Also, are massive tangles normal when you wear it curly or does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

(sorry, hate to sound dumb... but I have always dried my hair in a braid or a bun, ever since I was a kid. I really just don't know how to deal with it in its natural state.)

I only wore it curly for 3 hours today, and the nape of my neck was one huge tangle by the time I got home. I wasn't even wearing anything scratchy.
    Applying kinky curly knot today helps with tangles. And any tangles gets out with herbal essences hello hydration conditioner. Yes, massive tangles are normal ESPECIALLY if you wear it out and curly grzz, which is the price we as curlies must pay. You don't sound dumb it is a reasonable question.
    Lady SpiralSong of the Everwinding Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Yeah, tangles are totally normal for curlies. I was trying to explain to a straight-haired friend just how tangle-prone my curly hair is. And I finally said, "You have to understand, curls are basically organized tangles."