Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    gahhh, I think I officially hate humidity.
    It undoes all of my hard work. 10 hours of careful drying in a bun. I take it down and it looks great - smooth and shiny and sleek - for about half an hour. Then it just grows. And grows. And it retexturizes itself. And it growwwwwws. Bigger and bigger and bigger. Suddenly it's HUGE and it looks like exactly what it is....curly hair that has been brushed.

I have to figure this out ... it's really annoying. Luckily summer is ending soon and I'll have some dry air
    I could have posted this!!! If you want your hair to grow, do the steps above

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/TB?
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Talking Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Hello! I am also a curly. I've noticed my curls are stretching with length though. When it was to my neck.. I almost looked like I had a curly pixie cut. Now that im at BSL(When its straight) my hair is "wearable" down and my curls aren't half as tight. They are "longer" if that makes any since, I was kind of worried that if I ever reach tailbone, My curls will be turned into weird looking waves or something of that sort.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Curly-haired people: what is your favorite product or tool to reduce tangles when you wear your hair curly? Also, are massive tangles normal when you wear it curly or does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

(sorry, hate to sound dumb... but I have always dried my hair in a braid or a bun, ever since I was a kid. I really just don't know how to deal with it in its natural state.)

I only wore it curly for 3 hours today, and the nape of my neck was one huge tangle by the time I got home. I wasn't even wearing anything scratchy.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Using oil or panacea at the nape helps with those tangles.

I also finger-comb that area regularly throughout the day (without reaching all the way through to the canopy to reduce surface frizz).

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

I only wore it curly for 3 hours today, and the nape of my neck was one huge tangle by the time I got home. I wasn't even wearing anything scratchy.
    It says in your siggi you have shoulder length. I think this may be your problem. When it grows longer beneath your neck it wont fetch, stick and ruffle as much. It will start weighing down more and behave sort of more controlled. You might also notice a point where certain methods like for example deep treatments make a huge difference. And after this there is a point where the hair rubs against the back of chairs and gets tangly again, but after being past that youre home free.

Until you start sitting on it and getting it stuck everywhere...
    Just letting you know whats ahead for you

Also, I move my head around alot. Perhaps you do too? I move alot, I am never still. This may contribute to certain lenghts being troublesome.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by EndOfEden View Post
    Hello! I am also a curly. I've noticed my curls are stretching with length though. When it was to my neck.. I almost looked like I had a curly pixie cut. Now that im at BSL(When its straight) my hair is "wearable" down and my curls aren't half as tight. They are "longer" if that makes any since, I was kind of worried that if I ever reach tailbone, My curls will be turned into weird looking waves or something of that sort.
    I am a 2c/3a with finer curls. When my hair reached waist length my curls were weighed down a lot so I got some layers to try to help it. They were a disaster although I realized some people like them a lot. I ended up getting my hair all cut back and now it's just past shoulder length curly again. I wish I had left it alone. That said yes length does weigh it down but when I look at the pictures just because it wasn't as curly didn't mean it was not a pretty wave. I wish I had left it alone in other words. Oh well hair grows right? So in another 2 years I'll be back where I was.

Curly-haired people: what is your favorite product or tool to reduce tangles when you wear your hair curly? Also, are massive tangles normal when you wear it curly or does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

(sorry, hate to sound dumb... but I have always dried my hair in a braid or a bun, ever since I was a kid. I really just don't know how to deal with it in its natural state.)

Yes it's normal for it to be tangly. I only detangle in the shower with a LOT of conditioner on my hair and a lot of other curlies do the same. Fine hair tangles more than other types too as a rule. If you wear your hair curly you cannot expect tangle free hair when you wear it down. Oil and leave-ins help but it still won't be like your bun or braided hair. You should get used to it. There's a learning time, we all had it I think.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Thank you for the tips about tangling! That is good to know it's somewhat normal and might diminish with more length...

I'm trying something new lately...wearing it in a bun to work, then when I get home I am taking it down and spraying it with a misting bottle to form curls so I can go out with it down and curly. I think I like this. Drying time is not too bad since I'm just misting it instead of completely wetting it. Then when I get home for the night I'm misting it again because it's easier for me to detangle it when it's wet. Then I braid it for bed. When I wake up I can mist it again if the canopy is fuzzy before I put it in a bun...or wash it.

So I'm only wearing my hair curly for about 2-4 hours and only on the nights when I go out ... and my hair is wet for a good portion of the day ... but the upside is I still get to BRUSH!!! 3 times a day!!! Morning, night and right before I style it curly. That makes me happy.

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I finally ordered a new tub of KCCC, which I am so excited for because my hair loves it . . . but my bank account wept a little. That stuff is SO expensive!
    Every day is Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post

Yes it's normal for it to be tangly. I only detangle in the shower with a LOT of conditioner on my hair and a lot of other curlies do the same. Fine hair tangles more than other types too as a rule. If you wear your hair curly you cannot expect tangle free hair when you wear it down. Oil and leave-ins help but it still won't be like your bun or braided hair. You should get used to it. There's a learning time, we all had it I think.
    My hair never tangles. Are there other curlies the same? Or am I a freak of nature?

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by greygardens View Post
    My hair never tangles. Are there other curlies the same? Or am I a freak of nature?
    My hair tangles so easily! If I am not really careful, my hair will end up a matted mess.
    Every day is Thursday.