Page 562 of 878 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562563564572612662 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

You've got to keep in mind that they are SLS free and might take a little extra work, especially if you're using pre-wash oils. My suggestion is to try and apply more when you use it, I run it over the same spot 3 times before moving to another, and that works, I also shampoo twice.

And to answer your question: I did not have an adjustment period, but I did have a "learning/getting accustomed to how to use it" period. It was frustrating.

Length
    CL/~BSL/BSL+?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I've been running a corner around on my scalp, then lathering that up and running the bar down my length. Does that sound like a good way to do it?
    Sloooowly growing to BSL+

Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnysaur View Post
    I've been running a corner around on my scalp, then lathering that up and running the bar down my length. Does that sound like a good way to do it?
    I use it in a combing motion from the hair line to the tips of the hair and go around the whole scalp (360 degrees) then work the shampoo into my scalp by massaging, run my fingers through my length and rinse.

Length
    Short/4/Long!
    Type
    1a/F/i

Hi all, sorry to kind of crash into the thread, but I just wanted to share some great shampoo bars especially for Australian members, but these guys do ship internationally ( no idea of their international ship fees - for once!!) ( also just want to say I am not affiliated etc but I have used their products for years and really like them). Beauty and the Bees, Tasmanian based, and they make a good range of Poo Bars, recently they have added a few more. My fave at the moment is the HennaSenna bar, AND they make a herb- infused ACV, it's a bit expensive but lasts me a while and seems a bit nicer than supermarket ACV. ( They make a whole bunch of other stuff too but don't get me started otherwise I' ll just sound like they paid me to advertise....)

Length
    5/19/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Yay! I just got my CV order. I got Summer sunshine, herb garden, Mud & clay, Neem & tea tree, as well as samples of conditioner bar, soapnuts, chamomile citrus, rosemary lavender. I'll try one out tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Let you know how it goes
    "Now she's walking through the clouds with a circus mind thats running wild..." www.cafepress.com/Littlewingsdesigns

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quick question:

When I've used bars, I have always used SCH or CV bars. Yesterday I used Aromaville and it felt great. I dyed my hair that evening and used a non cone conditioner (like I always use) afterwards. This morning when I washed with the Aromaville bar again, I got slightly waxy ends.

Now I know it's not coney buildup, and I used the same amount of ACV as always. If I wash with a bar tomorrow morning, will I end up with waxier hair? Do I need to clarify? I don't feel like I do, but I'm surprised that I got waxies after months of no waxiness.

Thanks.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    5/19/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    Quick question:

When I've used bars, I have always used SCH or CV bars. Yesterday I used Aromaville and it felt great. I dyed my hair that evening and used a non cone conditioner (like I always use) afterwards. This morning when I washed with the Aromaville bar again, I got slightly waxy ends.

Now I know it's not coney buildup, and I used the same amount of ACV as always. If I wash with a bar tomorrow morning, will I end up with waxier hair? Do I need to clarify? I don't feel like I do, but I'm surprised that I got waxies after months of no waxiness.

Thanks.
    Not 100% sure as i'm new to 'poo bars, but I suspect it has a bit to do with how much/what type of oil is used in making them & how much is left over after the reaction to make soap. ie it could be a bar made with too much oil or the wrong type for your hair.

I just washed with mud & clay CV. Love the smell! I also washed my face with it & it worked great so I think if this continues to work in my hair I will use it for both.

Had a great lather, a tiny bit of residue feeling but not waxy. Hair felt clean, but a bit tangly. After ACV rinse though it was ok, less shed than usual even! Hopefully continues to work long term, I'm going to melbourne for 10 days next week, I really hope it works for that long at least!
    "Now she's walking through the clouds with a circus mind thats running wild..." www.cafepress.com/Littlewingsdesigns

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

My CV bars order is on it's way!!!

I got 3 butter conditioner bars and 3 Babassu and Marshmallow!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    My CV bars order is on it's way!!!

I got 3 butter conditioner bars and 3 Babassu and Marshmallow!
    Are those your HG? Usually people would commend several different shampoo bars. :-)

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddin View Post
    Are those your HG? Usually people would commend several different shampoo bars. :-)
    Yes, they are the ones that give me the best results, the Babassu has been a fave for years, but I like to change it up now and again and the conditioner bar is great!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!