Page 557 of 1057 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607657 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 10570

Thread: self made hairtoys thread

Length
    <2/calf/knee
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: self made hairtoys thread

That's a good idea! If you're crafty, in an area that is very hair oriented, allowed to sell your own products, and think that they'd even sell a little well--then you should absolutely go for it!

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

That is the front view

Back view

Top view. The jewels on the top really brought everything together!!!

I do like the back view, but I think the front really did need the sworaski crystals on the front to fill in gaps and tie it together.
    Taking an LHC break.

Sunscreen obsessed weirdo kaydana's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    Thank you guys I will go take new pictures with my phone. Its still a little rough but oh well.. The jewels are actually on both sides, and the side that is intended to be the side facing everyone has the 4 swarski (spelled wrong..oh well) crystals.

Brb taking pics!

Im really surprised you guys like its pretty girly, but this one has really inspired me to make more!! Maybe with thicker DPN, in dark green or the really pretty blue..and do the same idea but with the emerald green and blue jewels in the pack I got. The tiny dark blue and green jewels are actually really beautiful..I definitely want to do something with them.

As silly as it sounds, and I will be able to...I kind of want to make a ton of these and sell them in the salon I will be working at! I will be allowed to also, as its basically me running my own business being independent.

I think people will love them, and that way I can show others trying to grow their hair out and those with long hair, a safe way to secure their buns and updos
    Why are you surprised? Did you miss the pages of "must decorate our hair with sparkly things!!!"? That's pretty girly.

Green and blue jewels sound stunning (emerald green is one of my favourite colours), please make sure you show us pictures when you make it!

I really wish I could get coloured needles here. They only come in icky grey. I have to sand them down to get to the metal or paint them if I want different colours.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oooooooooh more pictures! Yay! Thank you, I can see how you made it now

I must make one immediately, that's so pretty.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Bummer about the needles! I didn't go to the other craft store in town but I should have. At the one I went, they had a ton of different sizes that were different colors but its sort of inconvenient..The pink ones were super skinny, and I ended up getting them anyway, but I also wanted a darker more vibrant pink. I loved the purple color but they were super thick..They might work though.

Im thinking I would love a fork with a black needle (would have to paint) and use red and black jewels! and some silver too. I think if I get super fancy I will make some that are all swarski crystals so its prettier.

I really want to start using something different to attach the jewels...Hot glue is sort of cheesey..I did think about using nail acrylic stuff! It would work great, and I could add glitter to the powder and it would be solid glittery, but you wouldn't really see it.

I will say, I don't like how the underneath of the U shape looks sort of unfinished.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    <2/calf/knee
    Type
    1a/M/ii

An acrylic, epoxy, or other jewelry glue might be good if you can make it work. I know from my grandmother's work (she glued the hair of a knitted angel down with hot glue) that it will yellow horrifically in a couple of years.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I wonder if that still happens?? Ive had this gun for a few years and I have stuff I glued 3 years ago but luckily its not yellow at all.
    I think looking into jewelry glue of some sorts would be a good idea..especially since the DPN is metal.

Aww I am so excited! This thread is so inspiring. Honestly, starting this job is going to be rough...rental is 350 a month so I am going to really have to do anything and everything I can. I could charge just $10 for these probably...what do you guys think?? I showed a few friends and they loved them!

(I ask for your thoughts, pretend that you are not really hair savvy, fall in love with it, and don't have the sources or knowledge to make your own)

Also...if you think people would pay more than 10 for it, do let me know. Of course, I would make sure they were SUPER neat and perfect. I bet for a really fancy one made with really nice crystals I could get $15..I might be wrong though! I really have no clue...
    Taking an LHC break.

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Question about finish? I have been using my dd's colored pencils. Some of them are a little rough. I wanted to coat them in something but I wasn't sure what kind of finish to put on them. Any suggestions. I have enough pencils for a small country. LOL
    Lydia...cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    i: 2b/c: F

Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    I wonder if that still happens?? Ive had this gun for a few years and I have stuff I glued 3 years ago but luckily its not yellow at all.
    I think looking into jewelry glue of some sorts would be a good idea..especially since the DPN is metal.

Aww I am so excited! This thread is so inspiring. Honestly, starting this job is going to be rough...rental is 350 a month so I am going to really have to do anything and everything I can. I could charge just $10 for these probably...what do you guys think?? I showed a few friends and they loved them!

(I ask for your thoughts, pretend that you are not really hair savvy, fall in love with it, and don't have the sources or knowledge to make your own)

Also...if you think people would pay more than 10 for it, do let me know. Of course, I would make sure they were SUPER neat and perfect. I bet for a really fancy one made with really nice crystals I could get $15..I might be wrong though! I really have no clue...
    How much you could charge really depends on the final finish and the quality of the rhinestones. Rhinestone quality varies massively over a pretty tiny price range, so it's worth spending a bit extra for top quality if you want to sell stuff.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lydiajo View Post
    Question about finish? I have been using my dd's colored pencils. Some of them are a little rough. I wanted to coat them in something but I wasn't sure what kind of finish to put on them. Any suggestions. I have enough pencils for a small country. LOL
    Clear nail polish. Does the job and it's cheap (if you don't have some already!)