Page 553 of 878 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

I experienced build up any time I tried using cones when I was using CV bars. I had to use SLS shampoo to clarify after I put a serum on the ends on my hair just once.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I found shampoo bars not too long ago at a LUSH store. I tried the Karma one and the Seanik. Was not too impressed with the seanik (go figure! lol) and I LOVE the Karma and Godiva shampoo bars. They clean my hair, leave it flowery-fresh, and my conditioners and oils seem to almost work better with this shampoo.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Don't LUSH bars have SLS in them?
    Anyways, I bleached my hair yesterday, and used an SLS shampoo to get the bleach out faster (the suds help), because I was in a hurry to get to a concert. I know the guitarist so I didn't want to be late.
    My hair was felt fried, dried, and nasty. I HATED it. It was so frizzy, with my weird layers I have from breakage that it looked like I had teased me hair!
    Today I used my Marshmallow CV bar with my usual CWC than ACV. My hair is soft, shiny, with no flyaways. My hair hasn't felt this nice in years.
    So yes, poo bars can work with colored hair.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    waist/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsdaughter View Post
    Urgh. I am having problems getting poo bars to work for me. I have henna sooq's cocoveda and argan oil bars, and both seem to leave my hair too oily. I'm disappointed, because I really wanted to love them. I rinse really well, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I use a vinegar rinse, and that helps a bit, but it still is too oily. Any suggestions to make these bars work? I can't afford to buy any different bars right now. If I can't get them to work, I'll go back to CO washing with VO5.
    I can't really offer you any solutions, unfortunately. I've tried several samples of Hennasooq's bars, and I've always had issues with getting them to lather and clean my hair properly. The only shampoo bar from Hennasooq I ever got to really work well was the argan oil bar, but it still didn't lather and clean as well for me as SCH or CV.

I'd really suggest trying either SCH or CV's bars at some point to see if they work better for you. They seem to be a bit easier and forgiving to use.

Length
    waist/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleOrca View Post
    I found shampoo bars not too long ago at a LUSH store. I tried the Karma one and the Seanik. Was not too impressed with the seanik (go figure! lol) and I LOVE the Karma and Godiva shampoo bars. They clean my hair, leave it flowery-fresh, and my conditioners and oils seem to almost work better with this shampoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
    Don't LUSH bars have SLS in them?
    Anyways, I bleached my hair yesterday, and used an SLS shampoo to get the bleach out faster (the suds help), because I was in a hurry to get to a concert. I know the guitarist so I didn't want to be late.
    My hair was felt fried, dried, and nasty. I HATED it. It was so frizzy, with my weird layers I have from breakage that it looked like I had teased me hair!
    Today I used my Marshmallow CV bar with my usual CWC than ACV. My hair is soft, shiny, with no flyaways. My hair hasn't felt this nice in years.
    So yes, poo bars can work with colored hair.
    Yep, all LUSH bars have SLS in them.
    That doesn't mean they don't work well, just differently from saponified oil shampoo bars.

LUSH bars are probably a good option for people with water issues, or find that artisan shampoo bars don't work well with their hair, but still like the idea of less packaging and a dry shampoo (like for traveling).

It might not be a good option for people wanting to use shampoo bars due to sensitivity to SLS, or are looking for more natural hair cleansing solutions.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

My hair does not mind SLS as much as some other's hair I'm sure. To each their own, right?

Length
    APL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Your hair looks gorgeous, LittleOrca!

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleOrca View Post
    My hair does not mind SLS as much as some other's hair I'm sure. To each their own, right?
    I was just wondering because the reason I use poo bars is because SLS dries my hair out, but I love LUSH like no other! Urgh they need a non SLS one soon! LOL
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I'm considering making a second order at Chagrin Valley (even though I haven't nearly run out of my samples, aah) and I was wondering about the new hair balms. Has anyone tried them? Unlike the oils, these fit in a flat rate envelope XD.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsdaughter View Post
    Urgh. I am having problems getting poo bars to work for me. I have henna sooq's cocoveda and argan oil bars, and both seem to leave my hair too oily. I'm disappointed, because I really wanted to love them. I rinse really well, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I use a vinegar rinse, and that helps a bit, but it still is too oily. Any suggestions to make these bars work? I can't afford to buy any different bars right now. If I can't get them to work, I'll go back to CO washing with VO5.
    How long have you used them? It took me two-three weeks for my hair to really adjust (reinforced, I think, by the fact that the water was quite hard where I lived when I first started using them).

Also, the oil might come from too much vinegar in the vinegar rinse (at least that's my experience).