Page 551 of 1268 FirstFirst ... 514515015415495505515525535616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 12673

Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Haha, rags, I am afraid to face just how many hairtoys I have accumulated! Although I am trying desperately to downsize and let go of the ones that aren't suitable for my hair, it seems I mysteriously end up replacing just as many as I sell off
    avatar image from Blondine and Bonne-Biche by Virginia Frances Sterrett

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Boo, the color of that fork contrasts nicely with your hair color! I have scalp "cleavage" on my left side too (due to a cowlick) I think being fine haired makes them more prominent. I use a horn lice comb to smooth the hair over and a bit of FSG to hold the hair in place. But often at the end of the day, the darn thing is back again

I love the stripes in the Baerreis, two_wheels

Loviatar, I use a few helping pins too in hard to stabilize updos. That is pretty impressive you made a bun that stayed for a few hours even!

I have only one "proper" hair toy (except the ones hubby hand crafted for me ), which was a birthday present to myself last year from the swap board. It is a two pronged Gabon ebony fork by Blondiesturn.

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Day 59: airport air! Wine ficcare done two wheels french twist style. The weight really is better this way! Thank you for the suggestion

ISO: Medium or Small leopard, border, or silky Logo ficcare
    Pixie to TBL. Cut back to waist, thinking of going shorter

Length
    <3in/~APL/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Beautiful Quasi!

Neecola, if you're only going to have one fork, that is a *great* one to have

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

Neecola, that fork is beautiful! My cleavage moves all over the place since it is a function of how little hair is on my crown. I smooth it down as best I can when I put my hair up but as the day progresses the hair shifts and exposes the scalp.

Quasi, that Ficcare looks great! Safe travels to you today

Here is day 2 for me: purple fan Mei Fa Styx. I wish I knew the name of all my Mei fa pairs but I lost my hairtoy database about a year ago in an unfortunately timed hard drive crash and I can't find them on the internet anywhere.

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Islandboo, wow that is the neatest bun - and your hair is so shiny! The purple of the Mei Fa Styx really suits your hair colour. I have 2 pairs of Mei Fa and I can't get over how light they are.

Eta as I missed some photos!

Islandboo again: the koa looks lovely in your hair. As for the scalp issue, I think it looks like you just brought your parting back to meet the bun. But I know how easy it is to fix on something we don't like about ourselves. (I too sometimes try Neecola's trick of smoothing with a horn comb but being a finey the parting does move about a bit.)

Neecola that is a very elegant basic fork and I love your hair texture.

Quasi I wish I could wear wine! Wah. travel safely!

Two wheels... Me? A joke about pushing when you shouldn't?! I wouldn't be so naughty. I might steal your bocote Egypt though... it's gorgeous.

I hope I didn't miss anyone...
    Last edited by Loviatar; July 18th, 2014 at 10:32 AM.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    Islandboo, wow that is the neatest bun - and your hair is so shiny! The purple of the Mei Fa Styx really suits your hair colour. I have 2 pairs of Mei Fa and I can't get over how light they are.
    Mei Fa Styx were my very first real hairtoys way back in the early nineties I believe! And light hairtoys are important for me since I have so little hair to distribute the weight. (Tulipwood is the bane of my existence - I adore the wood but it is so dense, sob. Mac nut, ebony, snakewood - so many pretty woods that are difficult for me to wear!)

Amid the rocks and trees of Northern Ontario
    Length
    NA/42/term
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by two_wheels View Post
    I agree, islandboo, this thread is all about the toys, in fact I like that there is less focus on the hair itself. Of course, LHC in general tries to include everyone regardless of current hair length, even so this thread is particularly non-intimidating for a shortie like me!

I have a bocote Baerreis Egypt today. This has been annoying me because I can't push it down enough to hide the gap at the top the prongs are close together and I am a bit scarred as I may have murdered a 60th st 2-prong recently by continuing to push when I really shouldn't have... [edit: PLEASE no work-related jokes, Loviatar ]
    I looked in thread this morning and thought - OMG, my fork's little sister! Mine's actually Zebrawood, and an Ursala, but it looks the same, don't cha think? You inspired me to wear it today although I think the colours look better in your blonde hair.

And yeah, this thread is about the toys. And you can see the toys better in shorter and/or thinner hair, so bring 'em on!

I've been thinking about joining this thread for a long time, unfortunately I go through weeks of laziness when I wear the same fork every day. But I've been using a different toy every day now for almost week sooo .... maybe ... I could do this ...

I do LOVE this thread, and LOVE looking at everybody's stuff. It's so great to see all different types of toys and hair and how they all work (or not work, like in the case of two_wheels and Egypt - I feel your pain I have a WAJ that is too narrow at the bottom and does just that)

PS My hair cleavage is on the right, due to cowlick. Sometimes horribly emphasized by white roots. But that's not what stops me from joining the challenge. Nope. It's the laziness...

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Hmm, I guess if you are not worrying about cleavage you are desperately trying to get pouf to lay down--Which is just to say, I'm too worried about controlling my pouf to notice your cleavage unless you go to the trouble of pointing it out. And I bet most other people are the same, in their own little world, agonizing about their own so-called 'deficiencies.'
    Honestly would never have noticed the 'cleavage' or just would have assumed you guys parted your hair that way on purpose, without all the posts highlighting this.
    Now you will say you never noticed my pouf, which I spend an inordinate amount of the time smooshing down--that's how the world works, i guess.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Length
    <3in/~APL/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Stellaaa, yes, that *is* my Egypt's big sister! Sweet! Looks lovely. Do join in, one of my favourite things about this thread is seeing everyone's individual style. You don't have to do it 7 days a week if you want to recycle some favourites- that's my plan for if I get an office job before I finish (which will mean ficcare 5 days a week... and I just don't have that many )

Chen, I've never thought your hair looked too poofy. It is funny how we all stress about different things. I get cross with my random tufts of hair that poke out all over the place, which is why I do LWB much more often than cinnabun- with a cinnabun I have to go round tucking the bits in and well, nobody's got time for that!