Page 547 of 878 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597647 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    27 in/30 in/45 in
    Type
    3a/3b/M/i/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

So I skimmed through the first few and last few pages of this thread, and no one has mentioned the Lush shampoo bars?
    I bought the Lush shampoo bar under the mistaken impression it was sulphate-free, because I realized I'm allergic to most "normal" shampoos and figured it was the SLS.
    I bought the Godiva shampoo+conditioner one, and though I was disappointed about the sulphate content, it's been working really well on my hair! I actually don't need to use a conditioner afterwards (I just put a tiny bit of coconut oil at the ends). My hair does feel a bit waxy/ less clean, so I'm planning to start ACV rinses.

I don't think I'll buy it again though, because Lush is pretty expensive, and I found an alternative that is available in India, called Soulflower. Here's the one I plan to buy. Does it sound good? Because there's no way I can get Chagrin Valley or any of these other brands in India without it costing a bomb.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon_76 View Post
    So I skimmed through the first few and last few pages of this thread, and no one has mentioned the Lush shampoo bars?
    I bought the Lush shampoo bar under the mistaken impression it was sulphate-free, because I realized I'm allergic to most "normal" shampoos and figured it was the SLS.
    I bought the Godiva shampoo+conditioner one, and though I was disappointed about the sulphate content, it's been working really well on my hair! I actually don't need to use a conditioner afterwards (I just put a tiny bit of coconut oil at the ends). My hair does feel a bit waxy/ less clean, so I'm planning to start ACV rinses.

I don't think I'll buy it again though, because Lush is pretty expensive, and I found an alternative that is available in India, called Soulflower. Here's the one I plan to buy. Does it sound good? Because there's no way I can get Chagrin Valley or any of these other brands in India without it costing a bomb.
    If you're in India, I'm jealous to all the access you have to Indian herbal hair care! Have you tried that yet?
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by bunnylake View Post

Is there any big difference between CV and Apple Valley? Which is better, do you think? I've never tried AV.
    I use both CV and AV shampoo bars. Love them both. I have favorites from both. AV bars are a little less expensive but also smaller. Both have great customer service.

Length
    19/22/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I want to try a shampoo bar, where do you suggest I start..
    Growing out bleached hair is acceptable now, thank you ombre trend!

Length
    27 in/30 in/45 in
    Type
    3a/3b/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
    If you're in India, I'm jealous to all the access you have to Indian herbal hair care! Have you tried that yet?
    I have. I went all herbal for a while, but I'm not the biggest fan of the smell of Indian herbal shampoos, and shikakai makes my hair drier than hay. I have very little time to devote to my hair, so a lathering shampoo makes my life a lot easier.

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Ok, you've got me interested. I've got a couple kinds of CV bars ready to be ordered, but I'm wondering if COPA's Ginger Carrot soap would work on my hair? I'm a sucker for ginger, but I've never found a bar soap I liked on my skin, maybe if I rinsed my skin with ACV too. I've never tried shampoo bars at all because I don't like bar soap on my skin. CV samples are reasonably priced, so I might get a couple kinds and try them, just to see.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lipbalmbabe View Post
    I want to try a shampoo bar, where do you suggest I start..
    I suggest you start by reading the first few pages and the last few pages of this thread. Then you'll get an idea of what you're in for, and possibly some recommendations on shampoo bars.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    31 in/31 in/41 in
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Question Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

I'm sure that somewhere there is a post about the question I have, however it would take me over 24 hours I'd imagine to read all the posts! So I'm just going to ask. I've been using a shampoo bar from CV for maybe 2 weeks now? Maybe 3?? I've only used the shampoo bar 3 times since I got them since I don't wash my hair everyday. My scalp is actually flaking off! Its like having really bad dandruff. I've tried changing the amount of vinegar I use as a rinse. I've used a lot and I've used a little. Nothing seems to be helping. My scalp is itchy and flaking and overall just disgusting. Tonight I'm going to wash my hair with just some regular shampoo and conditioner and hope for the best. Thanks in advance for answering any of my questions!

Length
    27/30/40!
    Type
    1b/F/ii

sigh....I so wish I could love the CV bars...I did a review of them on my blog and got tons of free samples. The darker bars made my blonde hair look so, so dark. I didn't like the way they felt and I gave it a good month. I tangled like crazy. I did love the lather though. Now I am using Aubrey organics shampoo and I feel somewhat relieved.
    I'd like to give them another shot one day, though/....

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon_76 View Post
    I have. I went all herbal for a while, but I'm not the biggest fan of the smell of Indian herbal shampoos, and shikakai makes my hair drier than hay. I have very little time to devote to my hair, so a lathering shampoo makes my life a lot easier.
    Hmm. Well as long as the shampoo bar you want doesn't have SLS in it (unless you don't mind that, but than it's basically regular shampoo), the one you want should be fine. A lot of people have trouble with shampoo bars with too much protein though, so be careful.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic