yesss - I don't see why not.
    Thanks! I'm eager to try it for fly aways

Length
    CL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: (Official) Water Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stachelbeere View Post
    oh wow Flor, great observation with the corn starch. I'm going to try to cut out corn starch and see if it'll improve my WO routine. I might have to rinse more often but use my no-poo soap-shampoo a lot less...

and you are so right with the fact that WO is NOT a lazy approach. it takes so much experimentation.
    I hope it works out for you better without cornstarch!

Day 5 after last shampoo-bar wash for me and I may have gone a bit coconut oil crazy yesterday, hehe. I decided to test the theory that coconut oil might mix with sebum and make it easier to wash off the excess. But I think my mistake was in warm water vinegar rinse (it was a wild "why not?" experiment), should have skipped that. Now my roots (about 1 inch) are looking quite nice and clean, but from there on it's oil all the way LOL I'm embracing it for now, because I really don't care much if my hair is generally oily, I just can't stand the oily roots/dry ends look. And this is a reversed situation, it's not too bad (as long as I don't wear it down, of course).

Another random observation. I find it that a fine tooth comb works better for me to remove dust and move down oil than BBB. BBB just slicks down the oily parts and puffs up the dry ends. And pulls out more hair too. Kinda sucks, because I bought it hoping it would be this miracle "remove sebum without washing" solution.

Length
    bcl/70cm/dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I'd like to give it a try,but my hair is quite oily and I don't know if it will work as well...

Length
    CL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearApple View Post
    I'd like to give it a try,but my hair is quite oily and I don't know if it will work as well...
    You can always try, there's no harm in that! You gotta gather all your patience though and be ready to try different approaches. It's been a month for me of trying to "transition" and I'm only now starting to draw conclusions of what works for me and what doesn't. And the oil is not A LOT less yet (however that gel-wax-like consistency of sebum is finally no more).

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I'm gonna try that out starting today, i'll see how it goes. It would be nice to stop using commercial stuff that does nothing but dries my hair out. And my wallet would thank me for that.

Length
    bcl/70cm/dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Flor View Post
    You can always try, there's no harm in that! You gotta gather all your patience though and be ready to try different approaches. It's been a month for me of trying to "transition" and I'm only now starting to draw conclusions of what works for me and what doesn't. And the oil is not A LOT less yet (however that gel-wax-like consistency of sebum is finally no more).
    thank you

Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Chronic oily scalp all my life, prone to something like cradle cap if I didn't wash daily. Seborrheic derm. or psoriasis, probably psoriasis based on my face too. Started WO a few weeks ago but then read CO can get oil out better- then discovered that conditioner of any kind irritates my scalp sooo back to WO again. Last time I began WO I started by oiling my scalp and hair with coconut oil and just letting water wash it out. I think it helped a lot to get over the initial nastiness, especially since our water is liquid rock. I tried an AC vinegar rinse but didn't much care for it, didn't seem to make a difference.

Yesterday I oiled again and tried egg to remove. Egg washed out fine but didn't take a lot of the oil. I've read a lot of success on LHC with egg to remove oil, what has been the consensus here in this thread?

Will try egg and Miracle Water tomorrow. I'm still having some dandruff, but my scalp has no scales of any sort and no visible dandruff flaking off. I feel like the dandruff showing is just whatever was still left over. My husband exclaimed, after I asked him to look for egg, 'You have lice!' which I don't (he admitted after that he's never seen lice lol) but the dandruff is annoying. Any solutions there? I mean, it's waaaay less dandruff of any sort than I used to have. I used to have large flakes, now it's just tiny little bits, like dust.

Length
    18/29,5/33
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Flor View Post
    Now my roots (about 1 inch) are looking quite nice and clean, but from there on it's oil all the way LOL I'm embracing it for now, because I really don't care much if my hair is generally oily, I just can't stand the oily roots/dry ends look. And this is a reversed situation, it's not too bad (as long as I don't wear it down, of course).
    I know, oily roots/ dry ends is awful. a few days ago I had the idea of taking the dry ends and putting them on the oily roots and combing them together hoping that I'd transfer some of the oil onto the ends. and it kind of works - but I'm not convinced :/ takes too much effort for me and my scalp doesn't like excessive combing/ brushing.

oh and I also get the clean roots/ oily ends look when I get too oil-happy

SSSLLL - AAAPPPLLL - SSSBBBLLL - MMMBBBLLL - WWWLLL

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: The Official NW/SO Thread

In fact, I actually have mineral oil, but never realized this was something you could use on your hair. It's a bit on the "stinky" side! ;o(
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    5mm/H/5mm-S/:-P
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Official NW/SO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy E. View Post
    In fact, I actually have mineral oil, but never realized this was something you could use on your hair. It's a bit on the "stinky" side! ;o(
    If you're going the mineral oil route, make sure it's 100% pure mineral oil. Some of that baby stuff has additives to it, additives you don't want in your hair. I personally can't stand the baby oil smell, it lingers for a few days, not just a few hours, but if you can stand it, and it's pure, then go for it! Just a tiny tiny amount though. Try starting with one drop and go fro there.
    NW/SO since January 20, 2012 ... ... ... ...