Page 53 of 711 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    Clsc/61/More!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Do any of you ever feel kind of useless in the Mane Forum? I contribute to a couple threads, but I've never dealt with maybe one in ten of the problems that people with shorter hair are having, because I've never really had short hair. My routine is totally unexciting, and the things I have done (like henna) other people have already done better. My updo advice is only useful for a tiny portion of LHC members. I don't like CO, oiling, WO, SO, CWC, or any of the other unusual wash methods-- I just shampoo my scalp and condition the length with whatever's at hand.

Maybe I'm just being silly, but I always feel bad when people have all of these questions and I can't help with any of them. Do any of you other lifelong longhairs feel this way?

"I met a lady in the meads / full beautiful, a faery's child / her hair was long, her foot was light / And her eyes were wild."
    61" (Mid-calf) | 1c/2a | F | iii

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by eternallyverdan View Post
    Do any of you ever feel kind of useless in the Mane Forum? I contribute to a couple threads, but I've never dealt with maybe one in ten of the problems that people with shorter hair are having, because I've never really had short hair. My routine is totally unexciting, and the things I have done (like henna) other people have already done better. My updo advice is only useful for a tiny portion of LHC members. I don't like CO, oiling, WO, SO, CWC, or any of the other unusual wash methods-- I just shampoo my scalp and condition the length with whatever's at hand.

Maybe I'm just being silly, but I always feel bad when people have all of these questions and I can't help with any of them. Do any of you other lifelong longhairs feel this way?
    Yes, I definitely feel unable to contribute to most Mane Forum threads. Not really sure if I have any advice to share.

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Do any of you ever feel kind of useless in the Mane Forum? ...I don't like CO, oiling, WO, SO, CWC, or any of the other unusual wash methods-- I just shampoo my scalp and condition the length with whatever's at hand.

I don't have as much to contribute as maybe I used to, but as you say, it's because I've already tried and rejected a lot of techniques, and forgotten quite a lot.

The way I see it, anyone that cares to can read my journals and see how those techniques worked for me. If they're not motivated to seek it out, I'm not sure it's worth worrying about.

I'd like to contribute more, but then again, I do try to only post when I think I can honestly be helpful. Lots of times the questions are phrased in such a way that I can't figure out how to contribute, so I just move on. It's also true that I'm less fascinated with the various methods of hair cleaning than I used to be. I've been on a fairly basic S&C routine for quite some time now, with just a brief foray into oil shampoo to break up the familiarity of it all.

Length
    27BSL/40/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I've got another two inches or so until I belong in this thread, but I want to say that I feel this way a lot. My hair was virgin BSL and damaged only from wearing it down a lot and brushing too hard pre-LHC. I've yet to have any of "experimental" treatments here on LHC deliver earth-shattering results for me, so I don't really have anything to say. I try to be helpful, but really have nothing to add to people who are growing out layers or chemical damage.

Looking forward to joining you all in a few months (or longer if I end up cutting back to Tailbone to thicken up the ends...)

Lady Elphame of the New Snow Steed in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/M/iii

@ eternally verdan...

I think you sell yourself short! You contribute when you feel you can help someone and I think that's great. After all, not many here have hair your length. Certainly in all the growing time, you've picked up many tips you could pass along to those who are still growing to great lengths.

And don't be concerned if you don't do much with your hair. Whatever you're doing, it works! And I'm a firm believer in "less is more!" You don't need a cabinet full of products to achieve beautiful, long, healthy hair!

Length
    27/40/57
    Type
    2b/M/C/i/ii

Sometimes I feel that way too, especially since I'm still learning myself. Then again, we've made it to this point so we must be doing something right . I've learned so much since I first started visiting the site and since then my hair has improved dramatically. Everything I've read has been helpful in one way or another, so don't sell yourself short

Oh, and by the way, your signature pic is amazing!
    Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - FTL (current) - Knee - Beyond...
    Last measure: August 13, 2016 - 40"

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Do any of you ever feel kind of useless in the Mane Forum?
    Not really, there is something for me to contribute to from time to time, maybe methods, maybe hairtype. Regardless of the length, having coarse straightish hair makes so many of the special techniques moot. *shrug* And being at terminal means I can post in the weekly threads on that subject!

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Type
    1a/M/ii

Non of you should ever feel like you have nothing to contribute to the forum - just the fact that you are here contributes so much! Ever since I joined the LHC I've been lurking on this thread admiring all your beautiful hair... I've never seen such long and beautiful hair in real life, and didn't even know if it was possible untill I came here... You are all such an inspiration, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to think so

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    I don't have as much to contribute as maybe I used to, but as you say, it's because I've already tried and rejected a lot of techniques, and forgotten quite a lot.

The way I see it, anyone that cares to can read my journals and see how those techniques worked for me. If they're not motivated to seek it out, I'm not sure it's worth worrying about.

I'd like to contribute more, but then again, I do try to only post when I think I can honestly be helpful. Lots of times the questions are phrased in such a way that I can't figure out how to contribute, so I just move on. It's also true that I'm less fascinated with the various methods of hair cleaning than I used to be. I've been on a fairly basic S&C routine for quite some time now, with just a brief foray into oil shampoo to break up the familiarity of it all.
    I feel this way too. I also see a lot of threads started asking questions that have already been asked (often multiple times) that have answers and suggestions in them. It's a bit disheartening to see these threads ignored when a lot of us put time and effort into answering the same questions already.

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I feel this way too. I also see a lot of threads started asking questions that have already been asked (often multiple times) that have answers and suggestions in them. It's a bit disheartening to see these threads ignored when a lot of us put time and effort into answering the same questions already.
    Mmm, my contributions are more often to do with having a science background than having long hair. Mostly "yes, there is such thing as terminal and this is how it works" or "please, please, please don't take that much biotin / advise people to take that much biotin!"

It is quite disheartening to see the same questions over and over and over again. Also find it disheartening and saddening when you get the "OMG, kill me LHC for I have sinned ... I used cones/heat/dye/whatever once and am now forever a shunned outcast!" posts. *ack* For goodness sake, no one is going to chuck you out of LHC. Using cones doesn't make you the devil.