Page 521 of 878 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

I agree with the others- poo-bars need to dry out after use for them to last. Mine just go back into their paper bags (these are CV bars, I'm not sure how the others are shipped). Also, if I didn't put them back in the bags I would have no way of telling which was which
    Last edited by Kathie; November 15th, 2011 at 08:19 PM.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    3/32.75/45
    Type
    1c/2a/C/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    I agree with the others- poo-bars need to dry out after use for them to last. Mine just go back into their paper bags (these are CV bars, I'm not sure how the others are shipped). Also, if I didn't put them back in the bags I would have no way of telling which was which
    I do the exact same thing. I usually set mine out to dry on the paper bags and then tuck them away until I need them. I never lose any bar that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBum View Post
    My fave was the Cinnamon Cypress one. My sister likes Orange Ginger the best ^_^
    I'm thinking of getting the Rose Geranium one now

Length
    sld/wst/cls
    Type
    3a/M/iii

i tryed shampoo bar with one i got in a indian groceries stores...its with herbs, but i think i didnt did it correctly: i didnt clarify before and i used a cone conditioner, and my hair stayed very soft but with a strange curl patern ( more straigh, more volume and open curls)
    i will try again after getting some cone free conditioner and curl definer...
    and its sooo cheap, its less then 2 dolars!the thing is that is smell little bit funny...i am thinking in put some good smell incense after...

Length
    24/29.5/39
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I recently got in a huuuge sample order from Chagrin Valley. It's going to take me awhile to get through them all... here's what I got. (Along with one of their lovely soap decks!)

1. Chamomile Citrus
    2. Rosemary Mint
    3. Summer Sunshine
    4. Soapnuts & Sunflower
    5. Coconut Milk
    6. Olive Babassu
    7. Nettle
    8. Neem & Tea Tree
    9. Ayurvedic
    10. Avocado Oats & Shea (normal soap that I will try on hair)

Whew! I made sure to fill the shipping envelope to bursting full.
    So far I've tried the Chamomile Citrus. It is very cleansing. Really brings out the sparkly gold highlights in my blonde. But I think I will save this for when I have done heavy overnight oilings. It is a bit overkill on regular wash days. No waxies to speak of, though I don't anticipate having that problem as I've been using shampoo bars for a year now with no issues, even in my hard water.

I shall report back as I try out more.

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Ok I'm in, giving this a serious try.
    I got some lovely henna shampoo's from Southland Soap, they smell so good!
    Washed for the first time tonight with the Reality bar, which is supposed to make the transition period easier, and my hair feels sooo waxy now, I feel dirty I used her acidic conditioner afterwards and did an acv rinse.

Is this the famous transition reaction of my hair? How long does it usually last? I want to get through this but I hate going to work like this, sigh...
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by giuditta View Post
    Ok I'm in, giving this a serious try.
    I got some lovely henna shampoo's from Southland Soap, they smell so good!
    Washed for the first time tonight with the Reality bar, which is supposed to make the transition period easier, and my hair feels sooo waxy now, I feel dirty I used her acidic conditioner afterwards and did an acv rinse.

Is this the famous transition reaction of my hair? How long does it usually last? I want to get through this but I hate going to work like this, sigh...
    Maybe a clarifying wash might help? Its nice to start these sorts of experiments with a clean-slate
    My waxies stopped when I started using more of the poo-bar during the wash i.e., three lathers- stroking the bar down my hair until I feel it start to lather each of the three times.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    Maybe a clarifying wash might help? Its nice to start these sorts of experiments with a clean-slate
    My waxies stopped when I started using more of the poo-bar during the wash i.e., three lathers- stroking the bar down my hair until I feel it start to lather each of the three times.
    Thanks Kathie. I didn't clarify cause I haven't used cones in months, but I might do that tomorrow.
    Tonight I tried it again, this time with 2 lathers, I hope it feels better now.
    Today I felt horrible with my waxy hair at work, like a tramp with very good smelling hair
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I just bought my first poo bar today! It's from a local maker who sells to Whole Foods. (Savon is the brand name...) It's orange patchouli scented. I don't like patchouli, but it's tolerable in this bar. I'm so excited to try it that I'm going to use it tonight, even though my normal wash isn't until Saturday! I'd wait, but I'm doing cassia on Saturday and don't want my first poo bar experience to be with cassia.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Someone keeps moving the shampoo bar I've been using back into the shower.

It was holding up pretty well, but now it's melting a bit. Oh well.
    buzz - pixie - chin - shoulder - APL -BSL - MBL - waist - hip - tailbone - classic