Page 51 of 569 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Long hair sighting thread!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Long hair sighting thread!

Saw a man today waiting at the bus stop with hair down to his waist. It was long, silky, and straight. Gorgeous!

Banned
    Length
    Buzz/buzz/waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I was driving downtown today and drove past a couple of teenage girls that had their hair down. Their hair wasn't quite WAIST.

Length
    24/35/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I saw a woman today with auburn hair at classic in the bookstore.

Waisting away

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I just saw a lady with hip length, 1a, blond hair. I can't remember the last time I saw someone with hair that long in real life.
    Every day is Thursday.

Length
    neck/shldr/tb
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

I saw a girl, that goes to a school nearby, with about 2a, brown, classic length hair. There was a girl she was hanging out with that had 2b, brownish/black, knee length hair.
    One of my curly hair idols!

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I was at the corner of Buckner and Lake June getting gas. (It was the Phillips 66 station but it's changed names and now I don't remember the new name.) This was on the weekend. I saw a pair of teens walking to wherever. They came across Buckner and were going towards the old Pleasant Grove mall. Maybe they were going to the mom & pop dollar store or Elrod's. But one of the girls had near classic length hair. It looked beautiful!

I do hope it doesn't get tangled easily. It a windy day. (Around here the winds can get a might bit strong sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, at Methodist Hospital one of the doctors had very long hair. It was halfway between her knees and rear. Past classic length. I was trying to debate if it was fingertip length or longer. It was black, and thick like a rope. About 3 inches around, maybe? And it was pretty much the same thickness all the way down. That's what I thought was really amazing.

Don't know if I should post her name here...

My mom had been having some gastric troubles, and one week we went so they could stick that camera down her throat. They found a bit of a blockage in a bile duct. So the next week this long haired doctor met with her to take a look (again with that camera) and found a very small gallstone that wandered out of the gallbladder.

Next week after that we met with that long haired doctor again and she took out the gallstone and put a stint/shint/something in. I saw the picture they took. It was a very bright lime green tube looking thing.

Oh, and the docs ask for permission to take pics of your innards. lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Kohl's on Northwest Highway and Skillman, I saw a woman with the cutest hairsticks! The stick part was painted white, and they had what looked like white tiger eye beads on top. And I think there were little crystals on the beads. They kinda' reminded me of Longlocks sticks, but the shape if the stick part was different. I complimented her on the sticks, but I'm not sure how long her hair might be. It was in a french updo.
    Last edited by bugeyedmonster2; June 3rd, 2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: decided to add second sighting

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Moon View Post
    I was starting to feel a bit odd about growing my hair long, because all the girls I work with have very "artsy" modern short and choppy bobs or pixies.. literally all of them. most are wild colors! But a lovely east Indian woman came in today to buy some soap, and her hair was literally down to her calves. It was gorgeous, dark, and shiny, and had a lovely wave at the bottom. I complimented her up and down, and she was really nice about it. She said she had not cut it in over 10 years or so.

After she left the girls were commenting "Holy crap it's like another person! What a hassle!" Go fig!

I'm sure you made her day.

As to the other girls' comments; I think I spent more time on my hair when it was short than I do now that it's long. When it was short I used to curl and style it, and my hair is stick straight and wants to be straight. So that meant lots of hairspray. It would get so dusty by the end of the day! I think the wind would blow dirt around and the dirt would stick to the hair styling stuff.

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen_Marie View Post
    The creepiest thing I've ever had occur with long hair was my art professor asking if I'd be willing to donate some of my hair to her jewlery projects. >.> I was flattered but at the same time...it was just...creepy. And I've had my share of people who like to grope and fondle hair. That is also creepy. >.>
    I'll agree with the grope and fondle, please ask me first, as it really creeps me out when folks just come up and do that. I don't mind, but ask me first, dagnabbit.

As to the jewelry, I don't really find that creepy. I've seen old jewelry that was made with folk's hair. (Usually it was in remembrance.) And the old Victorian hair jewelry sells well, so I can see someone selling new hair jewelry.

Hm... I've got a old ponytail around somewhere... (I used to have long hair that got cut into a buzz way back in the 80s. When the punk thing first came in.)

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Oh, just remembered this one...

It was at the last mass for the sick that my mom attended. There is this old mexican woman who helps out in the kitchen. She has a single braid of near equal width that she wraps round her head. It goes around once, so I'm not sure how long it is. And it's mostly gray. I just kept staring at it. She speaks spanish, I'd probably have to find one of her kids or grandkids to compliment her.

It kinda' reminded me of Laura Ingalls, or maybe Frieda Kahlo.

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rosepatrice View Post
    I went to the store last year and saw the longest hair in person, it was down to her calves. Last week, I went back into that particuliar store, and she cut it all off into a bob.

WHY???????????????????? It was SOOO beautiful I can't tell ya.
    When I went to the Petsmart in Mesquite Sunday, the girl there told me that she had cut her hair and now she can't wear her hairsticks anymore. I was wearing a couple hairsticks (don't remember which ones) and she liked them. Apparently she just cut her hair on a spur of the moment and now was missing it. She mentioned she has a big collection of hairsticks.