Page 51 of 227 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Use Up Your Stash challenge!!!

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Use Up Your Stash challenge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I know, I'm not the one you asked, but I still have an idea. I've got a spraybottle with half dest.water and half rose hydrolate. I added some broccoli seed oil and d-panthenol. (and a bit of emulgator, thought I still have to shake it a bit) makes my hair super soft.
    Is rose hydrolate same as rose water? Do you use this as a leave in?
    ETA: I made before my own recipe of kimmaytube leave in ( a youtube leave in recipe calls for 2 parts conditioner+ 2 parts aloe vera juice+ 2 parts any oils of choice, she used castor and jojoba)...Anyway I made this recipe but substituted the aloe vera juice with the hair tonic I have with D panthenol and it worked very good, I am very concerned though with the fact that it has salicylic acid in it. I'm scared it may dry out my hair or make it brittle somehow)
    Last edited by Cleopatra18; May 11th, 2011 at 09:05 AM.

Length
    pixie/apl/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

As far as I know rose water and hydrolate are not the same. hydrolate is more intensive than the rose water. I use it as a leave in. Lots of it at the moment.

Length
    15"/Hip!/TB
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    What will you do with this? I have a hair and scalp tonic with concentrated panthenol and salicylic acid, I found it made my hair very soft but I'm worried on the long term effects.

I was going to do a bit of research on how best to use the d-panthenol. I'll see what the consistency of the product is like, if it's thick/'oily' I may try applying a drop or so to damp hair or adding it to conditioner. If it's more of a runny solution I'd probably spray it on to damp hair and possible rub a little into the scalp. I was going to smooth a drop of the broccoli seed oil over my hair like a serum. The hydrolat spray idea looks good - I use hydrolats as toners so have some rose and lavender waters on hand so if I don't get on with the neat products I may try this - thanks!
    Creepy Creeper veni vidi crepi //////// >X<)))>

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

ahhh help! I'm so desperate to try this natural shampoo with rhassoul!!! It's supposed to be very moisturising, but I don't shampoo that often anyway.. *sigh*

Length
    PIXIE/CHIN/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Red face Re: Use Up Your Stash challenge!!!

Reporting my progress:

Finished 1 AO Camomile Luxurious Shampoo (a bottle of this product).

Finished 1 Redken AllSoft Conditioner (a small bottle of this product).

Also getting close to finishing my large tub of Biolage Conditioning Balm (this product).

I will NOT replace these one for one because I have such an overage regarding where I'm at in this challenge. I will wait until I knock out at least 4 more products before purchasing a new product. Making slow progress .

Length
    pixie/apl/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    ahhh help! I'm so desperate to try this natural shampoo with rhassoul!!! It's supposed to be very moisturising, but I don't shampoo that often anyway.. *sigh*
    I had a similar dilemma lately. I needed silver shampoo, but I don't shampoo (very often). So I just got a small bottle of the liquid toner.

As rhassoul is not known to be very moisturising, I would not recommend getting some rhassoul, but rather keeping to a non shampoo washing regime. That might be even more moisturising than the shampoo

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I had a similar dilemma lately. I needed silver shampoo, but I don't shampoo (very often). So I just got a small bottle of the liquid toner.

As rhassoul is not known to be very moisturising, I would not recommend getting some rhassoul, but rather keeping to a non shampoo washing regime. That might be even more moisturising than the shampoo
    Lol thing is I already have alot of rhassoul but I can't get them to work for my hair, even though there're several threads here on them and I got a ton of advice.The shampoo I was wanting is supposed to be like a cleansing and conditioning mask thing with rhassoul as one of the ingredients. I honestly don't know how that's like but there was several great reviews. anyway I will not buy it!!!
    I didn't henna today since I have a date on saturday and my hands turn completely red when I henna, so I'll just wait until I get some gloves or something.
    I'm feeling very bored with my hair today and that usually what makes me buy new stuff, oh well.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

So I finished this stash challenge last year, although I cheated a bit (I moved) and I kept my product stash at a minimum for most of that time since-- just shampoo, conditioner, coconut oil, jojoba oil, honey, and coney serum. Now...

heh...

Whoops:

My stash now
    Shampoo: Suave Professionals Rosemary and Mint, Neutrogena Anti-Residue, Aveeno Moisturizing

Conditioner: Aussie Three Minute Miracle, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, Tresemme Naturals

Products/Leave In: Tigi Curl Mousse, Tigi Shine hairspray, Tigi Bedhead Manipulator (pomade), Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner, John Frieda Frizz Ease extra strength serum, Tigi Control Freak serum, honey, NightBlooming Winter Panacea, jar of coconut oil, jojoba oil.

Since I've tried the oil shampoo method, I have a feeling this stash isn't going anywhere for a while. Ah well.

Length
    8/8/21

I know I'm a little late joining this thread, but I'm in. I need to stop buying new products when I already have some.

My stash:
    Suave naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo and conditioner
    Suave professionals rosemary and mint shampoo and conditoner
    Tresemme flawless curls shampoo and conditioner
    White Rain Lavender Vanilla Shampoo
    Target brand baby shampoo
    Aveeno nourish + style curl defining spray gel
    Herbal Essences totally twisted curl scrunching gel (1 1/2 bottles)
    got2b crazysleek flat iron and blowdry lotion

My goal is to try not to buy any more hair products til Jan 1, 2012 or until I run out - meaning I have to run out of ALL shampoo or ALL conditioner before I can buy more, for example.

This is really going to be hard for me, because Im a shopping addict. So I'll need support.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Okay, so I have lots of things left. My stash? Here it goes:

- Yes To Cucumbers shampoo & conditioner
    - L'oreal Professionnel Force Vector shampoo & conditioner (currently using)
    - L'oreal Absolut Repair serum
    - Jojoba Oil
    - Coconut oil
    - Metamorphose Sunspray
    - John Frieda Frizz Ease hair mask
    - L'oreal Professionnel Vitamino Color hair mask (2x! just bought it :P)
    - Guhl Leave In conditioner
    - Guhl Volume spray
    - John Frieda Brilliant Blonde hairspray
    - Schwarzkopf dry shampoo

And well, tons of other styling products that I will probably never use again: cream gel, shine wax (2x), shaper, gel, etc.

I probably have more things that I have forgotten. I do have lots of stuff for blonde hair (with purple colour in it, so not using that anymore) that I just keep in case I find a friend or something who wants it. Maybe I should just throw it away -_-'

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio