Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So I Bought a Can of Coconut Milk...

Length
    BSL/73 cm/Tb
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: So I Bought a Can of Coconut Milk...

[QUOTE=Guenhwyvar;1619371]Does anyone know how to stop this being so runny?

Today I put coconut milk on my lenght before washing my hair for the first time.
    I pour it out of the can I wisked it a little then I put it in the microwave untill tiepid.
    I thickened it with xantan gum,just a little to make it like a creamy consistence.
    Hope I helped....

Type
    1b/F/ii

That separation in the can is normal.
    The way I use it is to mix it all together and then I saturate my hair with it and leave it a while before S&C or CWC washing.
    You can also use it in your wash routine before your final application of conditioner if you're willing to spend the time to work out excess oil with a suitable conditioner.

Length
    27/33/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I should try this! I use coconut milk for cooking and also for soapmaking...why not my hair? I think I've used it as an ingredient in a deep treatment before, but never the only ingredient. I have a few cans of it at home, I'll give it a shot.
    Jenna

Recently cut from 50" to 32". Happily growing again.

Length
    21 in/29 in/hip?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I tried this recently. I mixed about 6 TBSP of coconut milk, 2 TBSP suave coconut conditioner (the last little bit in the bottle), and about 1/2 a tsp of olive oil. I CO'd after, and didn't seem to have any trouble washing out.

I really liked what it did for my hair, it is very soft and slippery. In fact, I can't even get my hair to stay in any buns for very long, they just keep slipping out. However, my ends are a little bit velcro-y. What kind of sense does that make? (If I run my fingers through my hair, they tend to get stuck towards the ends.) Does that mean I overdid the protein? I'm confused...

Coconut milk makes my hair very soft. I also add it to my henna treatment sometimes. My hair loves it

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I pour one or two cans in the bathtub when I take a bath. It's good for the skin and hair!
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.