Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your henndigoed hair!

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Show us your henndigoed hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    I can post here now!

Here it is after 1/3 henna, 2/3 indigo for 2 hours...

WOW, just WOW - I love this colour, it looks a very cool tone, perfect IMHO
    Evie
    Lady Evye Guardian of the Natural Order in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Taking a general break from the boards in 2012, but will be working on my blog......

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Morningglory View Post
    Wow, all of your hair looks so good, what beautiful hair colors you made!!!! I think I would like to try it maybe.

Do any of you cover grey?
    Yes, I cover grey using Hendigo and love it! I also love how many compliments I get on how healthy and shiney it looks!
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Length
    8 in/20 in/30 in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Looking good, Brat! I love how healthy and defined your waves/curls look. No frizz.
    Proud Henndigo-Head. Moving Toward Chemical-Free Dyes, Conditioner, & Shampoo.

Length
    8 in/20 in/30 in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Eva, your hair looks beautiful. Maybe you could try an indigo gloss to darken and cool it back up again? Gorgeous length and when it was dark the color was just to die for! (Not that it doesn't look really good now too though. But I liked the dark best on you.

Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tabitie View Post
    Looking good, Brat! I love how healthy and defined your waves/curls look. No frizz.

Thanks!! I took another picture in outside light, but it's cloudy and rainy, so it looks much the same as it does in that pic. Normally when I brush my hair as long as I had to last nite to get the tangles out, it's VERY frizzy. Not so much this time! I'm very happy with it, although next time, I'll do half and half henna and indigo.

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by K_Angel View Post
    Hi EvaSimone!

I remember reading a long time ago on the Henna thread, I think that some people just do an indigo gloss, to build up the browner color again. I'm sorry I don't know where that was, but maybe one the experts on here will come along afterward and be able to tell you. I think they just mix the indigo with conditioner?

Anyway, it sounded easy!
    Thank you for the advice. Maybe I will do an Indigo gloss. I've always been a bit afraid of unadulterated indigo and have never bought it. It's a silly fear that I will overdo it and my hair will turn blue-black . I think it's time to give it a try because I really like my color darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningglory View Post
    Wow, all of your hair looks so good, what beautiful hair colors you made!!!! I think I would like to try it maybe.

Do any of you cover grey?
    I covered my moms gray with the same mix I used on my hair. She's about 10-15% gray. It turned out very nice on her and her grays looked like really pretty brownish/red highlights. Her hair is a dark brown and I didn't really notice a change in color on the rest of her hair which was nice. If you have more than 20-25% gray I wouldn't do it because it might look a bit odd. The deposit she got on her grays was lighter than what I got (hence the highlighted effect). Of course though I've only had that experience, with repeated applications it might have darkened up.

Quote Originally Posted by tabitie View Post
    Eva, your hair looks beautiful. Maybe you could try an indigo gloss to darken and cool it back up again? Gorgeous length and when it was dark the color was just to die for! (Not that it doesn't look really good now too though. But I liked the dark best on you.
    Thank you.

I really liked the color it gave me too and I am not particularly fond of the color my hair is right now. It's too light and washes me out.

You were the second suggestion for an indigo gloss so I guess I probably should go and give it a try.

*Off to look up indigo gloss recipes.*
    Last edited by EvaSimone; March 14th, 2009 at 07:01 PM.

Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Brat- I love your hair.

Type
    2c/M/ii

Thank you! Would it be awful if I said I wish it was straight?

Length
    bob/Waist/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Brat: Your hair looks great! Perfect color! Love it!

Length
    8 in/20 in/30 in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Eva, be sure to let the indigo oxidize before you reapply.

It took five hours for my grays to turn from white to pastel blue. I thought the indigo hadn't "taken" and I'm glad I didn't reapply more. I have medium brown hair and left it on for 25 minutes total, broken up into about 10 minutes and then another application of 15 minutes. It was diluted in egg and conditioner in about a 1:4 ratio, and left on the head with heat (under show cap) for about 5 minutes. A little bit goes a long way. I only used 3 tsp indigo powder to cover my whole crown.