Page 49 of 1268 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159991495491049 ... LastLast

Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Excellent! She does lovely work.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

jahof45: the idea is to fill in the time while waiting for my hair to get to the point where I sell all the toys because the hair itself is so much lovelier.

Today's is a 60th St fork out of birdseye maple that has been further embellished by nightshade with a chunk of amber.

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Length
    10/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

All pieces of your collection are stunning, but this one looks especially amazing in your hair! I like the idea of further embellishment -

off to sweet-talk my bank manager...

Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post

Today's is a 60th St fork out of birdseye maple that has been further embellished by nightshade with a chunk of amber.

wg
    On ne naît pas femme, on le devient.
    - One is not born a woman, one becomes one -

Simone de Beauvoir

Quote Originally Posted by UncommonTart View Post
    Day one, for me:
    Nightblooming Arwen's Elven Glass Green Leaf Hair Stick in an "in-a-hurry" wrapped bun

Excuse the wispy bits, please- I've just gotten home from a full day at work.
    I love your hair! I'm always so impressed with the amount of hair that can be held together with just one stick. Your updo is so graceful with the delicate hair stick.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jahof45 View Post
    I love your hair! I'm always so impressed with the amount of hair that can be held together with just one stick. Your updo is so graceful with the delicate hair stick.
    Thank you for the compliment, but I have to confess that that particular style has some help. There's a pony-elastic for the base and one pin for the ends. If I didn't have so many layers, I could probably do it without the pin, but I do, and I need something to tuck them in with. It's pretty much a Chinese Bun without dividing the hair.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Day two for me: Today was a wash day, so today I'm wearing my Cattails Art Stainless steel sticks with Ching Hai jasper, aventurine, and sterling accents in a wet cinnabun.

I really like these sticks. I've got a few pairs of Cattails Art sticks, and I do wonder a little why I don't see more of them around here.

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona_Fosca View Post
    All pieces of your collection are stunning, but this one looks especially amazing in your hair! I like the idea of further embellishment -

off to sweet-talk my bank manager...
    I am so laughing. . .I like this idea too, Ramona & WendyG

I am surprised that there are not more people enhancing those amazing hand-made forks with gemstones!

I love inset silver and semi-precious gemstones: aquamarine, amber, lapsis lazuli, rutilated quartz, roman glass and such. . .*swoon*

I also love it that NightBlooming is starting to do more and more of these! She does such nice nice nice work!

WendyG. . .gonna need to see a close up of that chunk of amber! It's beautiful in your hair!

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by UncommonTart View Post
    Day two for me: Today was a wash day, so today I'm wearing my Cattails Art Stainless steel sticks with Ching Hai jasper, aventurine, and sterling accents in a wet cinnabun.

I really like these sticks. I've got a few pairs of Cattails Art sticks, and I do wonder a little why I don't see more of them around here.

Those look so beautiful in your hair!

I just saw Cattails listings on Ebay. She really does nice work. I love those carved coral ones she has on now. And I love it too, that she uses sterling bits!

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gmdiaz View Post
    Those look so beautiful in your hair!

I just saw Cattails listings on Ebay. She really does nice work. I love those carved coral ones she has on now. And I love it too, that she uses sterling bits!

Thank you!

I just keep telling myself that I do not need the Aventurine Flowers pair that she has listed right now. I love that she has started listing with a BIN price, but honestly, I was only ever outbid once on a pair of her sticks, and that was the only pair I was ever bid against for at all. (I say this here, knowing even as I do that that may never happen again.)

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I am soooo behind with posting pictures. I just added a bunch of days to my Challenge Album if anyone wants to take a look. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...p?albumid=2791

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!