Page 48 of 878 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Calista,
    thanks! i'm not sure; i've used teatree oil in my EO mix before and have put it in my rinses as well from time to time. so unless this one has a stronger dose of teatree and that makes the scalp act up, it's hard to tell if that could be blamed. But this is a good clue for me to start looking more carefully for teatree in my products from now on; in fact, i'm going to check CV site now to see if teatree is absent from the other bars i've used so far. thanks for putting that forth as a possible answer

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Update on my hair after trying the CV Lavender Spice Bar today:

It dried really shiny and soft! I wouldn't say it has great body, but it's not flat, either. I'm a little concerned it's going to be oily on top by the middle or end of the day tomorrow, because it's so soft right now. But we'll see.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I have just used my new shampoo bar and im totally hooked. I got mine from here http://www.kernowharvest.co.uk/subpr...p-0001491.aspx

I got the lemon one.

I just wet my hair and ran the bar from my hair line to the ends (it is ok to poo on the ends isn't it??) and massaged it into the scalp, to wash the back i just grabbed and squeezed a few time. I repeated once. I didn't do a ACV rinse as ive ran out.

My hair initially felt a bit stringy and waxy, but Ive let it air dry and omg the shine and softness is unbelievable, im hooked! no longer stringy at all.

Here's the ingredient so nothing wicked and nasty for my hair
    Contains cocoa & shea butters, & castor, wheatgerm, avocado, jojoba, rosemary & cedarwood oils.

I did try a beer one but it did nothing for my hair, but it makes the dogs hair shine!!!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I have just used my new shampoo bar and im totally hooked. I got mine from here http://www.kernowharvest.co.uk/subpr...p-0001491.aspx

I got the lemon one.

I just wet my hair and ran the bar from my hair line to the ends (it is ok to poo on the ends isn't it??) and massaged it into the scalp, to wash the back i just grabbed and squeezed a few time. I repeated once. I didn't do a ACV rinse as ive ran out.

My hair initially felt a bit stringy and waxy, but Ive let it air dry and omg the shine and softness is unbelievable, im hooked! no longer stringy at all.

Here's the ingredient so nothing wicked and nasty for my hair
    Contains cocoa & shea butters, & castor, wheatgerm, avocado, jojoba, rosemary & cedarwood oils.

I did try a beer one but it did nothing for my hair, but it makes the dogs hair shine!!!
    jojo, I'm glad to hear that you found a shampoo bar that you like. The ingredients look great.

Yes, it's "ok to poo on the ends."

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    waist/TB/long

Default Nasabb Honey Oatmeal Soap

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it needs to go here.

I bought two bars of Nasabb's 'honey oatmeal soap' as I had read that it was good for hair washing, though not designated a 'shampoo bar.'

WOW! It went on and lathered up with unbelievable ease. I ended with an ACV rinse (did not rinse out), and my hair is just wonderful! It is soft and shiny, and now that it's three days later, I am shocked to find that it is still clean! The bar of soap and the lather feel so soft and creamy, that I thought for sure my hair would get dirty or oily quickly, but not at all.

For anyone interested, here is the link. This is a site that many of us go to for raw, real shea nut butter:

www.nasabb.com

I have used about six different Chagrin Valley bars, but none were as nice or worked as well for me as this soap. Years ago I tried a JR Liggett bar shampoo, and absolutely hated it. I have not tried any of the other brands mentioned in this thread.

The Nasabb bar of soap costs $4.50. I think that is cheaper than most. If you order from this site, be sure to put the 'free sample' pack in your cart. It contains five different nice-sized samples of some of their products: the 'honey oatmeal soap', the 'traditional black soap', some 'unrefined shea butter', some 'shea moisturizer' and a bottle of 'kelechi hair oil - tangerine'. It's a really nice haul of interesting, natural, African-made free stuff.

Your mileage may vary of course, but I am totally delighted with this soap, both as a soap and as a shampoo.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it needs to go here.

I bought two bars of Nasabb's 'honey oatmeal soap' as I had read that it was good for hair washing, though not designated a 'shampoo bar.'

WOW! It went on and lathered up with unbelievable ease. I ended with an ACV rinse (did not rinse out), and my hair is just wonderful! It is soft and shiny, and now that it's three days later, I am shocked to find that it is still clean! The bar of soap and the lather feel so soft and creamy, that I thought for sure my hair would get dirty or oily quickly, but not at all.

For anyone interested, here is the link. This is a site that many of us go to for raw, real shea nut butter:

www.nasabb.com

I have used about six different Chagrin Valley bars, but none were as nice or worked as well for me as this soap. Years ago I tried a JR Liggett bar shampoo, and absolutely hated it. I have not tried any of the other brands mentioned in this thread.

The Nasabb bar of soap costs $4.50. I think that is cheaper than most. If you order from this site, be sure to put the 'free sample' pack in your cart. It contains five different nice-sized samples of some of their products: the 'honey oatmeal soap', the 'traditional black soap', some 'unrefined shea butter', some 'shea moisturizer' and a bottle of 'kelechi hair oil - tangerine'. It's a really nice haul of interesting, natural, African-made free stuff.

Your mileage may vary of course, but I am totally delighted with this soap, both as a soap and as a shampoo.
    What a great review, Deborah. You made me want to go out and buy some. I'm restraining myself, but I did bookmark the site.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    waist/TB/long

"What a great review, Deborah. You made me want to go out and buy some. I'm restraining myself, but I did bookmark the site." - Neoma

Thanks Neoma!

The Nasabb site is pretty interesting to visit, even if you don't buy anything. They have lots of good information about hair, and about all those cool African products.

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

The second day after shampooing with the Lavender Spice CV bar, my hair was sort of flat. When it gets flat, I start to be paranoid that it looks oily. My husband said it looked pretty, though.

Oh, and I am so tempted to buy that Nasabb soap now, too.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    jojo, I'm glad to hear that you found a shampoo bar that you like. The ingredients look great.

Yes, it's "ok to poo on the ends."
    LOL! ooops ive done it again! thanks for the advice, my only regret is i didnt find them earlier!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

hello i experimented with a burts bees baby shampoo bar today and am experiencing some problems... my main problen is the tangles... my hair doesnt look bad but its sort of woven together by the scalp... im not sure how to deal with knots so close to the scalp...
    i put some camellia oil in my hair and it helped a little but not enough to keep me from having to finger comb every 5 minutes... i made sure to clarify before i used the bar so im pretty sure its not a residue problem... i rinsed my hair very well and used an ACV rinse... i wasnt able to detangle my hair while washing it like i usually do... my hair is softer but the breakage i got from trying to detangle it was awful...
    does anyone know why im having these problems?
    can i call this classic length