Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

I did an SMT two weeks in a row. I ordered some cassia obtava to try as my next deep treatment. I oil every night with coconut, and every morning after my CO wash, I use jojoba. I'm trying to make this weekly treatment into a habit. My hair loves the SMT.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    15/19/30
    Type
    2a/M/ii

What's an SMT? I tried searching and thinking of what it could mean, but I am not finding anything.
    Picture taken 11/8/2013, goal is to the end of this photo (WL)
    Lover of Jesus, music, coffee and m&ms
    15/19/30

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicblaze View Post
    What's an SMT? I tried searching and thinking of what it could mean, but I am not finding anything.
    Here you go

The easiest way to search for things on this website is to Google "site:longhaircommunity.com SMT". The search function here especially doesn't handle with words shorter than four letters (though for something like SMT you can search SMT* and get it).
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

here are terms that use to be on the site but are now only to be found at the wayback machine http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=10 Look up what its actually called so you can search for the recipe. If I find it I'll post it.

SMT - Snowy's Deep Moisture Treatment. A combination of conditioner, honey, and aloe. http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=14635
    Last edited by RitaCeleste; November 11th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

Gosh, I've been in this challenge for years and years and didn't even know it. I have a portable hooded hair dryer that I try to sit under for an hour, once a week. If I only have 10 minutes, then I'll give it 10 minutes and leave the conditioner in until bed time when I can finally rinse out. When my hair was shorter, and I colored and bleached and heat dried and what not, the treatments (plus trims) kept my hair in reasonably good shape. I love SMTs, but being vegan, I substitute agave nectar for the honey.

Length
    20"/22.5"/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I'm in!

Does my saunaing with coconut oil in my hair count? (1-3 times weekly)

Otherwise it's Kerastase Nutritive masque with honey in it for 30+ minutes in my hair!

Ladies-- ready, set, pamper!
    c'mon, grow!
    shoulder, APL, BSL, MBL, waist

Length
    37/44/48

Officially in for the Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge...until Thanksgiving 2015. Thanks for the Challenge, Kaijah.

Now that I've dabbled with bleach again I really need to stay on top of weekly treatments. Today I had all morning and afternoon free so I did a beer rinse (using flat beer that we ended up not liking). I did the rinse on dry hair that needed to be washed, let it soak in for a couple minutes, then proceeded to shampoo. I let my hair dry a bit in a turbie twist microfiber hair turban while I mixed up my SMT- man this is the best for using up conditioners! I slathered it all over but was overzealous and made too much so I stored the rest in a jar. I guess I'm going to be doing 2 deep treatments this week! I wrapped it in a plastic bag and put my hair turban back over it and left it in a good hour while I cooked and did laundry. SMTs always make my hair smell really strongly of whichever conditioner I used and it also makes my hair air dry 3x faster than normal at least.

Length
    37/44/48

Had 1st homemade Deep Treatment. Using organic, raw, unrefined ingredients whenever possible. Left out the Essential Oils this round.

Shea Butter
    Cacao Butter
    Coconut Oil
    Avocado Oil
    Matcha Green Tea Powder

Might try Hibiscus next time.