Page 43 of 851 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Loves coffee & updos Chamomile betty's Avatar
    Length
    20.5/BS/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Welcome new Wurlys

I honestly have not been doing much with my hair lately. I've been busy working and taking night classes this month so I've just been putting it up and not thinking about the length. I don't work today so I might try the Olive Oil again.

I really do need a new shampoo, conditioner, and detangler though. V05 is just not moisturizing enough. I've been pretty good for the last year not buying new products so I think I need to experiement a little lol
    I believe Nexxus has a detangler. Does anyone have any experience with it?
    20.5 ~ BS ~ 30 *Natural Blond w/ High & Lowlights* Bangs/Long Layers* Cone and Non Cone Products
    Always trying new products & styles.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I dont know where Curlsgirl is or she would of already recommended this. Try soaking the ends in water and applying alot of coconut oil and then wringing that out. Braid your hair or bun, and leave in over night doing your regular wash routine in the morning. I had a hair mishap and ended up with very dry hair and I used this routine. I didnt wash mine out the next day though since I wasnt going any where I just kept applying oil thru the day. My hair is back to normal now. My hair just kept absorbing the oil it was half way thru the next day before my hair was actually oily.

Length
    ???/BSL/???
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

So I have a question for the curlies here. I've noticed that the general population of LHC seems to be very for updos, and against leaving your hair long (on the grounds that it protects the hair better, a point I would not quibble with). As a curly, do you put your hair up every single day? Do you ever get the feeling that you're squashing, or hiding, or taming, your curls by putting your hair up, even if it is better for them?

I ask because I decided to try wearing my hair up all this week, and as I was braiding it, I felt like I was smoothing it out, straightening it, and forcing it to, I don't know, conform or something. It was a strange feeling. I'm sticking to it (putting my hair up, I mean), because I want to see exactly how beneficial it is for when I do wear it down. But...it was still kind of an odd feeling.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MeganS View Post
    So I have a question for the curlies here. I've noticed that the general population of LHC seems to be very for updos, and against leaving your hair long (on the grounds that it protects the hair better, a point I would not quibble with). As a curly, do you put your hair up every single day? Do you ever get the feeling that you're squashing, or hiding, or taming, your curls by putting your hair up, even if it is better for them?

I ask because I decided to try wearing my hair up all this week, and as I was braiding it, I felt like I was smoothing it out, straightening it, and forcing it to, I don't know, conform or something. It was a strange feeling. I'm sticking to it (putting my hair up, I mean), because I want to see exactly how beneficial it is for when I do wear it down. But...it was still kind of an odd feeling.
    If I am going to be inside and out of the wind or weather or other things I wear my hair down quite often. Lately I have been having bad headaches that necessitate it in fact. Plus I just like letting my curls out to play sometimes! I don't see anything wrong with it.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    ???/BSL/???
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Out to play--I like that imagery.

I do spend most of my time inside, so maybe down isn't too bad for me. I'll have to wait and see what my hair is like at the end of this week.

Type
    3b/F/iii

I keep mine up most of the time. I find it is just easier in the long run. It gets fairly warm around here May through October, so I keep it up then for comfort. I also seem to have less tangles when I wear my hair up. That being said though, I love the feel of my hair touching my skin when I do wear it down.

Lady Myhriss of Beauty Afire

Type
    3b/M/C/i/ii

I wear my hair up most of the time too, especially in the winter. It's rare that I wear it down when it's cold out. I tend to wear it loose when the weather is warmer. Go figure.
    CG since 6/22/04
    sig pic 10/30/09

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I like leaving mine down when I'm just hanging out, and up when I go out.
    My hair was a lot curlier when I was younger, and kinna lost a lot, now It's wurly. I do wonder sometimes if leaving it in a ponytail pulled really tight almost constantly for years was a factor in that.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Length
    3/3/25
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Curly checking in!

I normally will wear my hair either back with a headband or down at work. If I'm working in the garden or around the house, I pin it up just to keep it out of my way. But I prefer to wear it down, so I can see the curls. The most "up" it ever gets is maybe half up with barrettes when I go out.
    3 Inches - Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL

BSL current goal, then I will reassess

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Welcome Jean Genie.

I'm like Mitabird, I like to wear mine down more in the summer and up in the winter. I love the feel of it loose and flowing in the summer but in the winter there are so many layers of clothes and static and coats, blah.