Page 425 of 851 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Mid/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

My hair is a lot like yours, Radiantneedle! But it might be a little less wavy, an I have lots of frizz and volume too. Everyone always tells me I have hair like a mermaid. I'm with you on the fact that I'm so curious to see how much curl I'll get if I cut it shorter!

Length
    16/22.5/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Curlies who have tried the Oil Shampoo method, and don't use cones or sulfates, do you still find that you need to clarify first?
    Lady Aruna, Curl Crowned Matriarch of the Golden Song in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by autumn_aqua View Post
    Jessie58, your hair is gorgeous!

Okay, after several attempts on different days, I have a whole two pictures that aren't too blurry, and actually show something I'm trying to show! (the length and the hemline.)

I haven't clarified again with the vit. C powder, but Sarah gave me some to take home, and I will. I did use VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze clarifying shampoo, followed by Ion Crystals Clarifying treatment... then slept with a head full of conditioner
    The tangles are a little better, actually they have been since my salon visit (and I don't think it's just from the trim, she really took a tiny amount.)

So I'm going to make it a point to clarify more often and see what happens. I also picked up a bottle of the GVP version of Paul Mitchell's The Detangler to use when it's especially tangly.... I am usually cone-free, but this one just has one water soluble cone, and since I'll be clarifying more often anyhow, I feel okay about it- I've been more worried about the damage being done when I have to do a lot of detangling.

I picked up some of those tiny claw clips from Scunci the other day, and attempted to do the create a layer thing... but when I tried to take out the clip to reposition, it got stuck in my hair along the hinge. I am wondering if the ones Deva makes are different, and don't get stuck in the hair.

My hemline looks a lot better- Sarah said that she should be able to clean it up even better next time when some of the shorter layers in the back have grown out a bit.

so pretty!!
    Reached classic mid 2014, cut back to hip. Now at tbl and liking the length

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Waveepagee View Post
    My hair is a lot like yours, Radiantneedle! But it might be a little less wavy, an I have lots of frizz and volume too. Everyone always tells me I have hair like a mermaid. I'm with you on the fact that I'm so curious to see how much curl I'll get if I cut it shorter!
    Shorter does not necessarily make it curlier. You can achieve curls with length as well. Sometimes long layering will make all the difference. Sometimes it's finding the right hair care routine to bring out the curls. Product is very important. However it varies so much from curly to curly that you have to go through a lot of trial and error.

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by OperaTeacherMom View Post
    Curlies who have tried the Oil Shampoo method, and don't use cones or sulfates, do you still find that you need to clarify first?
    I'm not sure if my Nature's Gate shampoo contained cones or sulfates or not, I'll have to ask Ktani, our resident ingredient whiz. However I do use a baking soda shampoo each time that I use the oil shampoo method and it seems to really help bring out my curls. In fact, at times when I notice that my curls are lagging or looking straight, I have used BS in the past and it always seems to clarify nicely enough to bring some life back to my curls.

Length
    16/22.5/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by jessie58 View Post
    I'm not sure if my Nature's Gate shampoo contained cones or sulfates or not, I'll have to ask Ktani, our resident ingredient whiz. However I do use a baking soda shampoo each time that I use the oil shampoo method and it seems to really help bring out my curls. In fact, at times when I notice that my curls are lagging or looking straight, I have used BS in the past and it always seems to clarify nicely enough to bring some life back to my curls.
    Which Nature's gate are you using? From a quick google search it looks like the Organic Lavender & Aloe is the only one without SLS, and I'm not entirely sure that one would be a good oil shampoo option. I guess I could try out one with sulfates, I'm just so hesitant after being sulfate free for so long! I'm pretty sure it was -cones, not sulfates that was causing me the most trouble, but there's not really any way to be sure since I stopped both at the same time.
    Lady Aruna, Curl Crowned Matriarch of the Golden Song in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by OperaTeacherMom View Post
    Which Nature's gate are you using? From a quick google search it looks like the Organic Lavender & Aloe is the only one without SLS, and I'm not entirely sure that one would be a good oil shampoo option. I guess I could try out one with sulfates, I'm just so hesitant after being sulfate free for so long! I'm pretty sure it was -cones, not sulfates that was causing me the most trouble, but there's not really any way to be sure since I stopped both at the same time.
    I'm afraid I never was much of an ingredient checker. I have to admit that I don't know much about which ingredient does what. I use the Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Shampoo. I only wash my hair about once a week and the NG shampoo is a fairly mild one. I wish I could be more helpful.

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I have just discovered that I can use Panacea hair salve mixed with warm water in a mister, this has brought my whurls back to life! I had forgotten how many I have when my hair is moisturised and happy!!!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I have just discovered that I can use Panacea hair salve mixed with warm water in a mister, this has brought my whurls back to life! I had forgotten how many I have when my hair is moisturised and happy!!!
    Oooh very interesting. Now where did I put my Panacea hair salve ...

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by jessie58 View Post
    Oooh very interesting. Now where did I put my Panacea hair salve ...
    Seriously, you HAVE to try it!!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!