Page 420 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 3203704104184194204214224304705209201420 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 17395

Thread: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: The Flexi-8 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by faellen View Post
    Becky9679 - congrats on your new lovely flexis! That XL is particularly stunning, I've been eyeing that design, it looks loads better in your hair than on the website! Sooo tempted now!

rowie - haha I know what you mean about putting flexis off to buy others, I keep putting off getting the copper rose one because others keep catching my eye! And that shamrock flexi looks great, loving the beadwork on that.
    I have that XL too, and it's so much more beautiful IRL. I love it! And I have the same problem with putting flexis on hold. I really want the copper rose too, but I just need to get a few other styles first
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aingeal View Post
    It's totally messy, but was excited to try! Here's my first flexi8 pic!
    That looks really nice, and I love your hair colour.

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Becky9679 Thanks for your help! I'm excited about my first one and I don't want to outgrow it too fast (like many here -- still growing!).

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    Rowie,your hair colour is so great for showing off the flexis!They really pop in your hair.
    Thank you! Here I was not liking my dark hair color.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsie View Post
    Rowie!! Of course we want a theme one with the star! I love your pics. They always make me smile...while I turn green with envy
    Thanks. Yeah this one i'm sort of having a hard time thinking of a theme. I guess I'll have to revisit some Americana type themes. However, I find that this piece can be used for countries that have red, white and blue colors for a flag. hmmmm I'll have to think about it some more that could perhaps be a little more inviting for our international peeps.
    Quote Originally Posted by faellen View Post
    Becky9679 - congrats on your new lovely flexis! That XL is particularly stunning, I've been eyeing that design, it looks loads better in your hair than on the website! Sooo tempted now!

rowie - haha I know what you mean about putting flexis off to buy others, I keep putting off getting the copper rose one because others keep catching my eye! And that shamrock flexi looks great, loving the beadwork on that.
    Thanks! Some beads are a little dark for my hair but in the sun it's all fine and dandy. Still, you have three of the pieces that I put on hold which are the festive fallen leaves, dream catcher, and owl piece.

Quote Originally Posted by rags View Post
    Rowie, that shamrock flexi is stunning in your hair! I think it may be my favorite of all I've seen of yours!

And yaaay! My consultant has the bow one! I'm ordering it.
    Thanks! I'm glad you ended up finding and buying the bow piece, and I would of just fainted if you passed up this piece since they are hard to come by. Please do share some action pics when you do get them as I am a fan of your hair, and we seem to have similar taste for hair toys. Were you able to find other pieces on your wishlist?

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    Gorgeous,AingealRags,here is a pic of my curly frizz[humid] and my mini dragonfly,am awaiting a medium now..As more short,curly white hairs come in on top ,that also increases the top head frizz.Gah!!
    This piece looks fabulous on you!!!! I have lots of frizz as well. ughhh I've learned aloe vera gel works wonder for my own frizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyBird View Post
    I have that XL too, and it's so much more beautiful IRL. I love it! And I have the same problem with putting flexis on hold. I really want the copper rose too, but I just need to get a few other styles first
    Yes I decided to get more XLs then in mega. I think I like using my flexis more as a center hold piece for braided buns and center hold type buns. I did find the mega a little heavy...Although I might need a couple more if i'm planning to grow down to classic length. But the good thing I've learned from this thread is that no matter what size flexi you get it is possible to incorporate them in certain updos regardless of length.

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Yep,you can't out grow flex clips,you just recycle them to a new style.I use minis-right through to XL/mega in different styles at my tailbone length.The XL /megas are heavy though and best used as centerpices as Rowie said.
    Last edited by dulce; September 17th, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Woot! Its good to know I won't grow out of my new Flex Clips. I just ordered the Cameo and Summer Solstice ones in size large. They were the Flexi-of-the-month ones from a few months ago, which I loved but missed. I'm so pleased with the Customer Service people. They were really fast, helpful and amazing.

Now, the unreasonable waiting game begins...its been about 10 minutes since I ordered. Why is it taking SO long?!?!

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Aingeal, that is lovely in your hair! I love that design (on other people ).

Dulce, the dragonfly is GORGEOUS in a mini and against your hair!! I was afraid he wouldn't look good so small, but I may have to order him in that size (like I need any more minis!) for half-ups. I don't think I'd like that one as a larger for me, though. I don't know. And I hear you about the grey frizz! I seem to periodically get "crops" of it. If I'm outside in natural light so you can see it's silver and not blond, I look like I've stuck a fake bun on the back of my head! (Or at least I used to. The silver is winding its way through the bun now. )

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I did order a medium for a wrapped pony,half up in a bun and center of my full bun ,Rags but that's it!

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    Yes I decided to get more XLs then in mega. I think I like using my flexis more as a center hold piece for braided buns and center hold type buns. I did find the mega a little heavy...Although I might need a couple more if i'm planning to grow down to classic length. But the good thing I've learned from this thread is that no matter what size flexi you get it is possible to incorporate them in certain updos regardless of length.
    I'm considering getting another XL, even though I have only managed to get that size to work in nautilus buns. It's just that it works so incredibly well in that bun, and it makes it look way prettier than if I had used a stick or a fork. A nautilus on me is ridiculously massive, messy and head-eating, but the flexi somehow makes it look more refined and elegant. I also think I'll still be able to use it as my hair gets longer, since it's center held.
    Maybe it's finally time to get this one

Btw, are there any other center held buns it could work in? I don't actually know that many buns. I tend to stick with nautilus, disc buns and occasionally cinnabuns, because almost every single time I try something new, it ends with failure. My hair is very thick and very uncooperative.
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Budding Homesteader Indigo Girl's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Thank you! Always a pleasure to hear from you. I don't generally get dangles for that reason, but this bow was so cute that I had to get it. Plus I think hair is not likely to get caught with this particular piece since it doesn't really dangle that much and it is also a big bow, it just looks small on my head for some reason. Hmmm I can't wait to see what you do end up selling. Sorry the dangles aren't working out for you, unless it's the mother of pearl one with the super long dangle. I can definitely see hair getting caught with the pieces that have super long dangles, but maybe not the short ones.
    I agree rowie, I can definitely see the particular dangle that you got not being a problem. What a pretty piece!

Okay I can't for the life of me figure out how to just put the photo like KittyBird has done below, so here is the link instead to the dangle flexi that is giving me problems:

https://secure.lillarose.biz/products/detail/8-0782.jpg

I hate to sell it because I think it's really pretty, but the dangles catch onto my fine hair too easily.

This piece was so difficult to take pictures since the clover is highly reflective and will suck up any reflection it see, I had to experiment tilting my head so many different directions so that I could avoid capturing my camera on the four leaf clover center piece! This might be my last one theme shots for now, unless someone is dying to see the star piece.
    rowie I absolutely LOVE your flexi pics! They are so artistic. You should make a flexi scrapbook! The clover looks stunning on you.

Aingeal, I love your action shot; that looks fantastic.

KittyBird, that flexi would like great on you. I love the colors.
    *~ ~ *

* ~ Lady Cyhiraeth of the Indigo Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ *