Page 42 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    17/24.8/29.5
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

This is very interesting! Today i made the infusion for the first time, under the strict supervision of my 3 cats :-)
    I took 1 tablespoon and added 300 ml of boiling water.
    To be continued ...

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Midwintertear View Post
    This is very interesting! Today i made the infusion for the first time, under the strict supervision of my 3 cats :-)
    I took 1 tablespoon and added 300 ml of boiling water.
    To be continued ...
    I use 1 level tsp to just under 300ml of boiled water, covered and steeped until cooled.

I found more catnip than that too astringent for me.

Good luck.

Length
    17/24.8/29.5
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Woops, my mistake, i used 1 teaspoon, the recepi is the same
    First i washed my hair with shampoo, then poured some catnip over the length. I covered it with a shower cap, left it for about 5 min. Then i poured some more over my head and a bit over my length. Put the showercap back on and waited 5 min. After the rinse i used a bit of conditioner, not much, maybe half of what i would normally use. My hair is still wet now so i can't tell very much about it. But i must say that it was very easy to detangle.

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Hi!

I gave up reading the whole thread, and wonder:
    Can I use catnip? I do CO (conditioner only). Must I use schampo if I wanna use catnip?
    If it isn't compatible with CO, will it work after aretha+amla?

I also didn't understand (from first side in this thread) if catnip will cause build up if not using schampo.

And - I also wonder what "too astringent" means? How does that show and/or feel?
    (Googling tells me that "astringent" should mean 'to "close"/"constrict" or smoothen the cuticle', right? Like acid. And I don't know what too much of this will be like.)

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    Hi!

I gave up reading the whole thread, and wonder:
    Can I use catnip? I do CO (conditioner only). Must I use schampo if I wanna use catnip?
    If it isn't compatible with CO, will it work after aretha+amla?

I also didn't understand (from first side in this thread) if catnip will cause build up if not using schampo.

And - I also wonder what "too astringent" means? How does that show and/or feel?
    (Googling tells me that "astringent" should mean 'to "close"/"constrict" or smoothen the cuticle', right? Like acid. And I don't know what too much of this will be like.)
    Catnip does not do well over conditioner from my experience. The conditioner acts a a barrier.

Catnip does not build up for me (it contains oil) but I shampo my length (I squeeze the lather from my scalp wash through it).

Astringent to me means that the catnip is lightly more dryng, although it never dried my hair out. I find that the dilution I use is the perfect balance for me. My hair feels soft and moisturized.

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Catnip does not do well over conditioner from my experience. The conditioner acts a a barrier.

Catnip does not build up for me (it contains oil) but I shampo my length (I squeeze the lather from my scalp wash through it).

Astringent to me means that the catnip is lightly more dryng, although it never dried my hair out. I find that the dilution I use is the perfect balance for me. My hair feels soft and moisturized.
    Thank you. Maybe I'll try catnip after amla+reetha (if I get to buy those some day). Or, of course, if I start using schampoo in some way again.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    Thank you. Maybe I'll try catnip after amla+reetha (if I get to buy those some day). Or, of course, if I start using schampoo in some way again.
    You are most welcome.

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Hi all I am excited to see more people trying catnip. I am very happy with it so far and have been using no conditioner since I began. I have oiled twice though. I have not had trouble with build up so far even though I use a non SLS shampoo in fact my hair seems to have more body to it.

Please keep us updated
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” -Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Suldrun View Post
    Hi all I am excited to see more people trying catnip. I am very happy with it so far and have been using no conditioner since I began. I have oiled twice though. I have not had trouble with build up so far even though I use a non SLS shampoo in fact my hair seems to have more body to it.

Please keep us updated
    I use a sulfate shampoo but I do not think sulfates are necessariy to use with catnip.

Catnip oil washes out easily, from my experience.

Length
    17/24.8/29.5
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Once my hair was dry it felt soft but not as soft as usual. Next time I'm going to add more water.