Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

I have not had any itchiness at all.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've had a mild itchiness some days when I applied it full strength, when I apply it diluted there was no itchiness

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

So after doing it for almost a month, my roots were 1.5 cm, which is 0.5 cm extra compared to my regular monthly growth. Now I've covered them up in henna and I'll see if next month I'll have the same results or it was just a random growth spurt

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Ok, here's my end of month report. Firstly I have to say that during this month my diet has been really bad, I have not drunk much water and I have done no exercise. All of which probably would have affected my growth. Plus I did a trim of 1/4".

Now - growth. I got 3/4", and my usual growth would normally be 1/2". So it did grow some extra, even though the extra 1/4" was trimmed off. I was putting undiluted cream directly on my scalp and then massaging it for 20 minutes every day, and leaving it all on there, washing twice a week as usual. I might continue with it again next month, putting it on ever 2 - 3 days and improving diet and exercise levels and see what happens then.

It has been a most interesting experiment and also I won't be trimming next month.

How are you all getting on?

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Ok, here's my end of month report. Firstly I have to say that during this month my diet has been really bad, I have not drunk much water and I have done no exercise. All of which probably would have affected my growth. Plus I did a trim of 1/4".

Now - growth. I got 3/4", and my usual growth would normally be 1/2". So it did grow some extra, even though the extra 1/4" was trimmed off. I was putting undiluted cream directly on my scalp and then massaging it for 20 minutes every day, and leaving it all on there, washing twice a week as usual. I might continue with it again next month, putting it on ever 2 - 3 days and improving diet and exercise levels and see what happens then.

It has been a most interesting experiment and also I won't be trimming next month.

How are you all getting on?
    I'm glad that you'very had results as well! I'll keep doing it too next month, except that I use it every other day and I leave it there until my weekly wash

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

You were right! The itchiness went away after the first week of using monistat. Interesting!

I will have to take a length photo to see if I've had any new growth, but I'm happy to say that my scalp is 100% less flaky and itchy than it was before...so even if I don't grow faster, something good did come out of this experiment :]. I'm planning on using monistat for a total of 3 months before taking a break.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Reporting back at the end of January, regular applications of undiluted Monistat cream 2 - 3 times a week.

Eating healthily, drinking good quantities of water, exercise most days.

Growth this month - a quarter of an inch.

My conclusion is - my hair likes to do it's own thing, growth-wise, Monistat or not. I have found it an interesting experiment, but from now on I will let my hair grow at its own pace - that's what it does anyway

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Reporting back at the end of January, regular applications of undiluted Monistat cream 2 - 3 times a week.

Eating healthily, drinking good quantities of water, exercise most days.

Growth this month - a quarter of an inch.

My conclusion is - my hair likes to do it's own thing, growth-wise, Monistat or not. I have found it an interesting experiment, but from now on I will let my hair grow at its own pace - that's what it does anyway
    Thank you for reporting in your Monistat results! I was curious about this, but now thanks to your experiment, I know it doesn't work. I don't think outside of doing the normal things, eating protein, drinking alot of water, exercise, head/scalp massages...etc. -- I think all the ointments etc are a bunch of baloney. Sorry it didn't work for you! I wish it did and if it did, I would be to go buy it!

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LongCurlyTress View Post
    Thank you for reporting in your Monistat results! I was curious about this, but now thanks to your experiment, I know it doesn't work. I don't think outside of doing the normal things, eating protein, drinking alot of water, exercise, head/scalp massages...etc. -- I think all the ointments etc are a bunch of baloney. Sorry it didn't work for you! I wish it did and if it did, I would be to go buy it!
    Part of me is sad that it didn't work but the other part of me is glad that it didn't because I would be very much tempted to put it on my head for more months than would be good for me, and it is, after all, a medicine, with side effects. Anyway, I save money, too, by not buying any more of it.

Length
    Chin/BSL/WL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/i

I planned to use this once I go to BSL and now I am here I am not so sure as when I focus on my hair I get frustrated and want it to grow faster!!! I recently stayed off forum and ignored my hair and got good results. Hmmn I may try it though, I don't know. Maybe I can get to waist by the summer rather than by Xmas!

Will update..

SL ..APL.. BSB .. BSL .. WL .. HL

Start of my hair journey: