Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi quote practice needed anyone? :p

Length
    ??/waist/34''
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Multi quote practice needed anyone? :p

Quote Originally Posted by Calista View Post
    This thread reminds me of a German childrenīs game Ich packe meinen Koffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finoriel View Post
    Of course it works youīre welcome. If you know how it works itīs always easy ... but until one knows it takes some time. Donīt ask how often I tried and failed until I found out how it works.

And now we can even quote others.

Hrhr indeed it has something of the game. Not sure if thereīs a "Iīm packing my bag"-game in English speaking countries though.
    Iīve always been packing my bag with a pen and some paper so I can make a list with the things Iīm packing in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by natt i nord View Post
    Wanted to have fun too!

For those who don't know, the game works the following:
    Child A Says 'Ich packe meinen Koffer und nehme mit: Einen Stift' (-> I'm packing my bag and take: A pen)
    Child B says the same, repeats what Child A took and adds an own thing. So: ''Ich packe meinen Koffer und nehme mit: einen Stift, eine Uhr' (-> I'm packing my bag and take: A pen, a watch)
    Then Child A says this again, repeats what was taken until that point (watch, pen) and adds something again.
    Then it's Child B's turn again.

As soon as the first one forgets something or mixes up the order the game is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    It's fun isn't it?

That made me smile.

Yes, it's a hoot!!! The way I do multi-quoting, my last step is different from yours, but I'm not going to mention it and confuse anyone, because your way is just as easy.
    Method # 2

Step by step guide:

Click the quote+ button for this post.
    Click the quote+ button for this post, too.
    I got it! Yay!!!

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Okay, since I heard that some of us need practice with how to multi quote that´s what the test board is for. Please test away

It works like this:
    Click the "quote+" button if you plan to quote more people than just one person.
    Next you hit the "quote+" button under the post of the next person you would like to quote.
    Repeat if you want to quote more people.
    At the last person you want to quote click "quote", this opens the reply box with all the quotes it it.
    (Do not click "quote+" or "reply" at the last person to quote, that does not seem to work.)

Too complicated? Okay.

Step by step guide:

Click the quote+ button for this thread.
    Click the quote+ button for this thread, too.
    But click the quote button for this thread.
    Dude! I always wondered how that worked. Thanks!

Edit to add- We played Ich packe meinen Koffer in the German class I took, it was fun. I remember playing a game very similar here (US), I think we were packing for a picnic...something like that.
    Last edited by Jeni; February 28th, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Account Closed by Member Request

Aah okay. I got confused because I vaguely remember that some of my friends had a Senso (probably no one remembers this 80s game though) and some of them called it Simon... if memories are not screwed that is.

I made it because it´s an unknown feature, a lot of people are challenged with and the mod-team eventually merges the row-posted single quotes to keep the boards tidy.
    So I thought it would be a good idea to make a practice thread where everyone can just try how it works. Also if someone is challenged with creating a multi quote we now have a useful thread to link. Much more effective than just explaining it every time the question comes up. Learning by doing so to say.
    Yeah I was pulling LJ's leg! This was a great idea though!
    BTW: On the limit 10 smiley's quoting, is that because they carry over to much information (in Bytes) or is it just a regulation on limiting all images to 10 to keep from "clogging" up a thread? Because those smiley's are fairly small in size and no where near the size of a .jpg or .bmp

Thanks Much!
    Last edited by yellowchariot; February 28th, 2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: FTA

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Nope, didn't work.

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by yellowchariot View Post
    Yeah I was pulling LJ's leg! This was a great idea though!
    BTW: On the limit 10 smiley's quoting, is that because they carry over to much information (in Bytes) or is it just a regulation on limiting all images to 10 to keep from "clogging" up a thread? Because those smiley's are fairly small in size and no where near the size of a .jpg or .bmp

Thanks Much!
    I donīt exactly know the reason for the img limit. But I always thought itīs because smileys and photos are images. And itīs the photos that are intended to be limited. That it also limits the smileys is just a side effect, because the software does not restrict by size it restricts by the type of img. Just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Nope, didn't work.
    It did not work because you just quoted my first post, but you left out the second and third post. at least it seems like this. What did you do exactly, maybe we can figure it out what went wrong.

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Nope, didn't work.
    Make sure that when you press the Quote+ button, it changes to Quote- for each quote that you use. Sometimes, when my browser's cache needs emptying I can't make that happen. Try clearing your brower's cache and cookies, log in again and see if that makes a difference.

I donīt exactly know the reason for the img limit. But I always thought itīs because smileys and photos are images. And itīs the photos that are intended to be limited. That it also limits the smileys is just a side effect, because the software does not restrict by size it restricts by the type of img. Just a guess though.
    I think you're exactly right. It's related to the restriction of too many images of any size in a single post.

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by merryhair View Post
    I got it! Yay!!!
    It's fun once you know how, isn't it?

Account Closed by Member Request

AH, I see Finoriel! Thanks for clearing that up! I've wondered about that for a while now.

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Magic
    I always messed that up because I used the wrong reply button... but *psst* donīt tell anyone
    I do that all the time. I go back a page, then try again, so I have the Quote+ button

And your game, that's what I make the kids play on the first few days of school to help them learn each others' names. "My name is Tbear and I'm taking a toothbrush. Her name is Finoriel and she is taking a flag . . . " etc

EDIT: Crap! There is such thing as a thread too big to mult-quote, IF it has over 10 images/smiley's! LOL I had to manually remove them!
    Yep, sometimes it is difficult to decide which smilie to ditch. Poor little ditched smilie, voted out of the post . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by merryhair View Post
    I got it! Yay!!!
    Yay!
    Nope, didn't work.
    Try again, dear. Go post by post clicking on the Quote+ buttons for each person's post.
    AH, I see Finoriel! Thanks for clearing that up! I've wondered about that for a while now.
    There is one more thing I do, because I'm a ditz. I click all of the Quote+ buttons as I want. Then I end up not knowing what to do, I don't have a post to do the final "Quote" for. I end up quoting the last post, then deleting it. Works for me.

One final note. When I quote, or multiquote, I delete the info that I don't need quoted. It confuses me when a quote box is so long I'm not sure whose post it is, the OPs or the quoters.
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    apl/hip/clsc+
    Type
    2c/M/i

Okay, since I heard that some of us need practice with how to multi quote thatīs what the test board is for. Please test away

It works like this:
    Click the "quote+" button if you plan to quote more people than just one person.
    Next you hit the "quote+" button under the post of the next person you would like to quote.
    Repeat if you want to quote more people.
    At the last person you want to quote click "quote", this opens the reply box with all the quotes it it.
    (Do not click "quote+" or "reply" at the last person to quote, that does not seem to work.)

Too complicated? Okay.

Step by step guide:

Click the quote+ button for this thread.
    Click the quote+ button for this thread, too.
    But click the quote button for this thread.

ETA: Or see here for another method.
    Let's see....