Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Conditioning and Backne

Length
    21"/30"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Conditioning and Backne

I used to have clear skin on my back and chest until I started using coconut oil. My hair loves it, but my skin hates it and I break out badly the day after I soak my hair in it. I recently changed to a conditioner that also has coconut oil in it, and I've been having mini break outs ever since.

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Not sure if conditioner would be aggrivating your issue but i know i get itchy after a few washes if i dont re-wash the back of my neck once im done with my hair. As far as the backne is concerned i put in another vote for ACV rinses. They helped me with some spots under my arms and on my rear so maybe they could be of use to you. If that doesnt help maybe try adding some tea tree oil to whatever lotion you use and spread some of that on at bedtime. Hope you find a solution

Natalia

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I doubt its from conditioner as well. I get backne only in summer because i sweat a lot and its hard to reach there while taking bath and long hair adds more to the problem.

"Gorgeous hair is the best revenge"
    Ivana Trump

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I've been following some of the advice here for the past few days and already I'm noticing a difference. I've started to think that the conditioner hasn't been the cause of the problems, but it certainly has aggrivated it a lot.

Rinsing the conditioner out of my hair with my face down has helped, and the ACV rinse is also working mini miracles on both my hair and the skin on my back. I can now feel the skin a lot smoother with fewer bumps and blackheads, it also has a less greasy feeling.

I have also noticed that a lot of the bumps are aroun the bra stap line, which makes me think of synthetic materials and the sweating it causes.

Thanks to all of you here, I'm pretty confident this summer I won't be feeling shy about my back. As for the discolouration from the scarring, I have no idea about solutions. My mother suggested that a tan solves all problems, but I'm pretty sure there's a better answer out there.
    ...The world is my oyster and I am its pearl...

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Liss: I have scars on my chest and back from bacne (and chestne?). They aren't all that noticeable. I've noticed a little bit of coconut oil has helped them to be less noticeable. The discolouration has been minimized, but they're still raised bumps. I hear Sunflower oil (or maybe it was safflower oil?) is really good for the skin and helps heal scars. I used coconut since that's what I had on hand. I just rub a little on and massage in one or two times a day (if I remember).

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I know from trial and error that certain ingredients can trigger acne on me, not just in conditioner but also in shampoo (sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, & coco betaine trigger it for me so I avoid them). And refined sugar in my food is a huge trigger for me, probably the biggest one of all. But everyone is different. You need some trial and error and there might be multiple triggers in your products and/or in your diet ... not just conditioner.

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

I love the term backne! XD Haha...
    Well, I don't really have any helpful advice except to give that tidbit... I have backne on my back too, to be expected of course.

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Just chiming in with the others who have said that conditioners with silicones are what gave me bacne. Neutrogena Clean and Clear Body Wash helped, but it didn't completely go away until after I gave up using cones.

Come to think of it, I used to have some KP on my arms that has completely gone away since then as well....

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I don't get backne, but I get little heat-rashy itchy bumps which is really really similar.

I do as others have mentioned, once I rinse the conditioner out, I clip my hair up with whatever cheap clip I have in my shower and use this http://www.amazon.com/Salux-Beauty-S.../dp/B0002F1TQM and my bodywash to scrub my back.

Same goes with applying product to my hair, as a curly, it involves lots of product being scrunched into really wet hair. This isn't a problem because I put my fluffy bathrobe on prior to doing this, which keeps my hair and product goo off my naked back. I tend to keep my robe on for a bit which helps soak excess water from my hair too

Length
    21/28/BSL

It might be coincidence, but for me as well my backne has disappeared since I stopped using cones.