Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about vegetable/organic oils... I don't know about "cosmetics" oils (the serum-like stuff with added cones and fragrance).

Q1: Do you want to use them as a leave in or as a pre-poo?
What are you aiming for, exactly? If your main concern is detangling your hair and making it smooth and manageable, jojoba IMHO is the oil that gives the best slip. It's lightweight but a smidge goes a long way. Do you want to make a oil treatment before wash? Any medium-to-heavy oil is suitable (just be careful with castor thats a real pain to wash out, it usually sticks for days): many swear to coconut, but my hair reaction to coconut oil is build up.
Also, what is your hair and scalp like?
If your hair is damaged or dry, its more likely it will need heavier oils to stay moist. If your hair is virgin, healthy and mostly shiny, and if your scalp is oily, the needs will be very different: probably a drop of argan (lightest oil ever tried) will be more than enough.

Q2: as said before, I'm not expert on cosmetic oils sold by companies. You can find pure oils in wholefood-like shops, small seller mostly on internet or brands specialized in organic/natural stuff. Many henna sellers also sells oil - mine does!

Q3: the oils must be cold pressed, but 30/50 dollars is nonsense. Not even a expensive 100 ml bottle of pure cold pressed argan should be more than 20 euros. 250 ml of virgin coconut are 5 or 6 euros, same for cold-pressed sweet almond oil. And they last forever!

my hair is virgin and normally shiny. I agree about coconut oil, i didn't find it to be that effective but then again i have always used the cheapest brand from the grocery store hence, I was wondering if a better quality coconut oil would be better and this where the many options in better quality so, confuse me.

although argan oil didn't do anything for my hair. I use it on my face and its nice but on my hair it didn't do much.