Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Height and Hair Length

Length
    25.5/34/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Height and Hair Length

Hey there! I'm 5'2" and have gotten this a lot - mostly from the people who have an expensive relationship with their hairdresser. One in particular somehow manages to get me to come to pick her up at the hairdresser and they both have a go at me.

No one ever says boo about a child with super-long or classic length hair. While many children are taller than I am, most aren't, and no one complains about their super long hair being out of proportion.

They only say that to adults.

It would be interesting to see whether the people who are short and topheavy in other ways get this more than those who are less well-endowed.

I'm uncomfortably top heavy and have received this advice a lot, but not so much now that it's longer than chest - it reaches to the tips of my elbows now.

I wonder if the frequency of advice recedes for others after the length is long enough to cover one's chest.

Anyone ever notice?

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Today I saw two women which looked like sisters and they both are short and have tailbone length hair. It looked good on them. I don't think anyone can be to short to have long hair.

H-E-Double hockey sticks >.< Summers tend to reach the 120s
    Length
    .../30.5"/50"
    Type
    3b/M/iii

Yep, super shorty here...4'10" and my hair is currently 31" Planning to grow it out to 50" so it should only be a couple inches off the ground when I'm done [crosses fingers]

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl16 View Post
    I'm 5'2" and my hair is past classic. I'm short, my hair is long
    I love this post your the same height as me, now i wished i had never listened to my mum when i was a teenager and cut all my hair from waist to a pixie
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

I am 5' 7"and my hair is 33 "

Length
    Pixie/31/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

I'm only 5'4 and waist length is 30" on me! I'm fairly top-heavy, but in general I don't get any nasty comments on my hair length. I have had friends say I am lucky to be short so that my hair looks longer!

Length
    apl/waist/tbone
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I have a friend who is quite sort (150-155 cm?) and keeps her hair in a cute bob which looks very nice on her. She told me she used to have long hair (waist-hip length) but she cut it because it made her appear shorter.
    I am not that short, 165 cm is average at least where I live...but if I were shorter, I would still want my hair long.
    If you want long hair, it's better to be short with long hair than short and with short hair!

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Whether I look short or not, I'll always be short. Can I reach the top shelves? No, but that will be true no matter what my hair looks like.

Length
    CBL/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm 5'1" and I am committed to growing out my hair to hip or tailbone no matter how short it may make me look. I can't imagine giving up my love for long hair just because I might look a couple inches shorter. If other people think I look odd than so be it because I'm not cutting my hair.
    At APL and on my way to BSL
    I really need to update my pics

Length
    11"/41/44
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    Hey there! I'm 5'2" and have gotten this a lot - mostly from the people who have an expensive relationship with their hairdresser. One in particular somehow manages to get me to come to pick her up at the hairdresser and they both have a go at me.
    Sounds like it's time to start suggesting that she take the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    I wonder if the frequency of advice recedes for others after the length is long enough to cover one's chest. Anyone ever notice?
    I think that somewhere between shoulder length and elbow length there is a "point of no return" where people stop percieving us as "people who need a haircut" and start percieving us as "people with long hair".

It's different for different people and may never work on our mothers, but in general that seems to be the case.

Hair is vitally personal to children. They weep vigorously when it is cut for the first time; no matter how it grows, ~Charles Chaplin