Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Explain the terminal Length concept to me

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Explain the terminal Length concept to me

Great news about classic being the average terminal length. I could totally live with classic.

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

Length
    24BSL/35TBL/42 CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Why do many men tend to bald more quickly, then? Is it that their terminal length is much shorter so they use their 20 cycles more quickly? Obviously that doesn't apply to all men.

This makes me worried about my hair pulling. Am I going to run out of hair cycles before I die?

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lmfbs View Post
    Why do many men tend to bald more quickly, then? Is it that their terminal length is much shorter so they use their 20 cycles more quickly? Obviously that doesn't apply to all men.

This makes me worried about my hair pulling. Am I going to run out of hair cycles before I die?
    It's because their DHT gets out of whack. Also your hair pulling won't actually shorten your cycles, a lot of the time pulled hair actually snaps off rather than pulls out anyway.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I always heard that by repeatedly pulling a hair it will eventually fail to grow back. This was in reference to facial hair (plucking eyebrows and whatnot) but I am hear to say I have been plucking and plucking for years and years and it always grows back! It is like the leg waxing thing mentioned earlier. I think it is urban legend.

Maybe hair goes through the whole cycle and AVERAGE of 20 times before age and genetics takes over and just keeps it from growing back. In which case it is not a 20-time bomb, but it will grow back infinite number of times until something else tells it not to...age or whatever. Just thinking!

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    I always heard that by repeatedly pulling a hair it will eventually fail to grow back. This was in reference to facial hair (plucking eyebrows and whatnot) but I am hear to say I have been plucking and plucking for years and years and it always grows back! It is like the leg waxing thing mentioned earlier. I think it is urban legend.

Maybe hair goes through the whole cycle and AVERAGE of 20 times before age and genetics takes over and just keeps it from growing back. In which case it is not a 20-time bomb, but it will grow back infinite number of times until something else tells it not to...age or whatever. Just thinking!
    Aha! I knew that whole pluck it and the follicle dies was a myth! I've been plucking my eyebrows 2x a week for over 13 years, yet the same hairs keep growing back. And theyre just as thick as the rest of my eyebrow hairs. Grrrr....

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    If you pluck hairs enough you can damage the follicle so that they never grow back.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Does anyone know how it was determined that classic is the average length most people can achieve? Or how the average length of the life cycle of the hair is determined? I was curious because on average most people don't let their hair grow to terminal length and keep it trimmed so that the oldest part of the hair is always being cut off. (At least this is true where I live )

Hope those questions make sense Couldn't quite figure out how to word it.
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RapunzelKat View Post
    Does anyone know how it was determined that classic is the average length most people can achieve? Or how the average length of the life cycle of the hair is determined? I was curious because on average most people don't let their hair grow to terminal length and keep it trimmed so that the oldest part of the hair is always being cut off. (At least this is true where I live )

Hope those questions make sense Couldn't quite figure out how to word it.
    I thought it depends on you ethnic background and genetics. I also thought classic length was not the norm for some groups of people and individuals. No one in my family has ever had classic length. Not even my grandmother who never cut her hair (even when she was younger).
    Hair September 2015

Length
    3/31/36
    Type
    2a/M/ii

This was very helpful. Thanks for explaining it Pixiedust.