Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Problem with uploading pictures

Default Re: Problem with uploading pictures

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    My unorthodox question is, how much $$$ is needed to give this job to some (external) professionals/company who can fix it? (August 25th, 2012 08:59 AM)
    UP
    ---------------
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    Pixie/SL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It would be nice to get a quote for how much it would cost to fix. I'd be comfortable donating something if it means there's a chance one of my favorite functions would be returned to the site.
    Last edited by Vanille_; September 11th, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

Pixie::Shoulder::APL

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jackie75 View Post
    Does that work with customizing your profile? I had a photobucket account for years, but, I rather have a forum that works like a *ahem* forum.

I'm not usually very outspoken, I mean, look at my posts. My goodness though...this is kinda major. I can't upload any new hair pics...good thing I guess since I'm SO failing at my growth.
    If you want a background picture for your profile that wouldn't work, no (how important is that anyway). But that's the only downside, I think...that is if the person would want their photos public, not only for LHC members, only members can see the albums.

If someone just wants to show their hair, its a viable option, many already had links for blogs/tumblrs. A photobucket account is so easy to make. I wasn't aware of this album problem until recently, I'm just lurking lately.

As for forum working like a forum...isn't the main role to talk to people? I participate in other forums of diferent subjects that do not have "albums". We can always link IMG tags. I'm not denying it's a great feature, it's part of the reason I joined, since many linked photos that only members could see (from internal albums).
    Lady Alvarie of the Enchanted Comb in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    10/22/39
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vanille_ View Post
    It would be nice to get a quote for how much it would cost to fix. I'd be comfortable donating something if it means there's a chance one of my favorite functions would be returned to the site.
    me too. I'd would donate something if we could update pictures! I am so sick of having a picture from 2 years ago as my profile pic because I can't upload new ones. Only place I can get pic uploads to work is in my signature!

abob13"//CBL18"//APL21"//BSL24 1/2"//WL28"//HL32"//TBL39"//CL or bust 44 1/2"

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hermosamendoza View Post
    me too. I'd would donate something if we could update pictures! I am so sick of having a picture from 2 years ago as my profile pic because I can't upload new ones. Only place I can get pic uploads to work is in my signature!
    Hmmm, you should still be able to change your avatar and profile pic... I can change mine...

Length
    #1 BC/neck/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Aw, I haven't been around LHC for ages now. I was hoping the albums'd be working by now so I could show off my progress. So sad to see that it's still down.
    - -
    BuzzNapeChinShoulderAPL✿BSL✿MB✿Waist✿TB✿Classic✿

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I love to click people's profiles, look at their hair photos in their albums. Sometimes I find people with similar hair color or texture or just personal style and this is the best inspiration for me. I'm saying that, albums are so important for me. I hope it'll be fixed and people as well as me can upload beautiful hair pictures again.

Length
    Pixie/SL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lyytikka View Post
    I love to click people's profiles, look at their hair photos in their albums. Sometimes I find people with similar hair color or texture or just personal style and this is the best inspiration for me. I'm saying that, albums are so important for me. I hope it'll be fixed and people as well as me can upload beautiful hair pictures again.
    My point exactly. Sure, some forums, it doesn't really matter. This one, however, pictures of the back of our pretty little heads matter big time. If I have to spend that much time going to photo bucket and making sure I uploaded there....forget it. Besides, it still doesn't help the fact I can't update my profile page!! Umm....hello...my profile page. Right now, it is bland and boring and totally out of date. Again, this needs to be fixed.

If you want a background picture for your profile that wouldn't work, no (how important is that anyway).
    Because it's not important for you, doesn't mean it's not important for anyone else. It's a basic feature of most forums. Many things are important to me that others couldn't care less about. Please don't assume something is not important just because you feel so....it will make the world a much more peaceful place.
    Last edited by jackie75; September 21st, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
    Fritter and waste the hours in a "LHC" way

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Please read this thread, the whole thing, it has a wealth of information.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights