Page 369 of 1376 FirstFirst ... 2693193593673683693703713794194698691369 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 13755

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: waist to tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by Marbid View Post
    I can do a figure 8 bun.. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

On my way to Tailbone! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hmmmm maybe by the end of next year? lol. my hair grows sooo slowly.

But here's a pic of my first figure 8 bun.

With brushed out curly hair. So very fuzzy figure 8 bun. I'm just sooo proud.

I love the figure 8. It's so pretty and comfortable. You wear it very well, and that stick is gorgeous! Where did you get it?

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I have a potentially unanswerable question, but maybe you all can talk me out of my despair?

My last hair stylist gave me pretty extreme layers (I didn't ask for them BTW!). I'm trying to grow them out so I'll be at waist and on this thread for a while. My shortest layers are at about APL and my hair is slightly past waist now. Its about 9 inches from APL to waist on me, so I'm guessing it will take (gulp) about 18 months (1.5 years!!) to catch them up. I want to keep growing but I don't like my taper. Any advice on what to do with them? Or should I just woman up and deal with it. Sighs...

Length
    APL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
    I have a potentially unanswerable question, but maybe you all can talk me out of my despair?

My last hair stylist gave me pretty extreme layers (I didn't ask for them BTW!). I'm trying to grow them out so I'll be at waist and on this thread for a while. My shortest layers are at about APL and my hair is slightly past waist now. Its about 9 inches from APL to waist on me, so I'm guessing it will take (gulp) about 18 months (1.5 years!!) to catch them up. I want to keep growing but I don't like my taper. Any advice on what to do with them? Or should I just woman up and deal with it. Sighs...
    It sounds like you're in the exact same situation I was about a year ago. But I had a little trim (or so I asked for, I actually lost about 8") back up to about just above BSL and a year later I have hip length hair with maybe waist length layers. I quite like the taper where it's at now really, can't imagine having a blunt hemline, not sure it would suit me.

I'm afraid I don't have much advice on updos with layers like that though, I usually wear my hair down. But, if I ever do put it up amish pins were my best friend! Fluffy braids were always a nightmare, and still can be!!
    APL 22" ---- BSL 25" --- WL 31" --- HIP 35" --- Currently 37.5" TBL --- CL 43"
    Bleached platinum blonde and still growing!

Type
    3a/M/ii

Fear not, Crumpet, you are not alone. I'm in a very similar case. My grown-out bangs are now a little past APL, and I think I have one remaining layer at waist, while the longest parts of my hair are closing in on hip. It would also take years for my ex-bangs to catch up with the rest, but oh well.

I wear my hair up a lot, mostly out of convenience, which helps to forget about the layers. Other than that, there's nothing I can suggest except an occasional trim and a lot of patience. Good luck.
    On the other hand, I kind of like my layers (not my bangs though) when my hair is down -- maybe you can enjoy it like that? The only reason my layers annoy me are for braids.
    You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair.

Length
    MB/WL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Thanks for the support! I agree, that the worst part about the layers are the braids. I'm a wavy so they look okay when my hair is down and they're long enough to hold okay in my updos. Maybe I'll feel better when they're a bit more even with the rest of my hair. At this stage, my braid just looks absurdly small when the APL layers are gone.

Length
    6/42/45
    Type
    2a/M/ii

If nothing changes, I believe I will be at true tailbone in 6 months. Yay!

How much longer for you?

As a question for those more experienced with growing out layers, does hair ever get to being mostly the same length? I am not sure if I still have the effect of a layered hair cut, or if having many different lengths throughout my hair is normal. Is it possible to even out?

Length
    7"/32/70"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBeth View Post
    I love the figure 8. It's so pretty and comfortable. You wear it very well, and that stick is gorgeous! Where did you get it?
    Awww thank you! I make my hairsticks. Sanded wood painted with acrylics into some pretty designs and coated in clear nail polish. I glue some trinkets on the top for decorations. Thank you. That is a great compliment. I thought about posting them on the home made toys thread. But other peoples home made seemed just sooo outstanding I shied away from exposing my lil self made hair toys.

p.s. this is the hair stick that is on my figure 8 bun.

Last edited by Marbid; November 2nd, 2013 at 08:01 PM.

Type
    3a/M/ii

I can do a figure 8 bun.. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

On my way to Tailbone! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hmmmm maybe by the end of next year? lol. my hair grows sooo slowly.

But here's a pic of my first figure 8 bun.

With brushed out curly hair. So very fuzzy figure 8 bun. I'm just sooo proud.

Gorgeous! I can´t wait for the day I can do those hairstyles *dreamysigh*

Type
    3a/M/ii

Sanded wood painted with acrylics into some pretty designs and coated in clear nail polish.
    Perfect! How do you sand the wood to make it straight like that? Do you have a machine for it?

Length
    7"/32/70"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

I just use a heavy duty (very grainy) nail file actually. (they last me longer than what one would think 4 sticks before I have to change it.) The wood piece itself is just a stick of wood all one length (very ultra cheap at home depo, fairly strong wood). I first shave of the wood with a razor blade. Just enough to give out the over all shape even thou it's jagged and irregular, I don't make the ends thin, that is for the sanding. Other wise the razor would snap the tip. When I sand it it just comes out fairly straight like that. Probably because the wood was fairly straight to begin with and about the right thickness where I don't have to make it straight myself I just have to round it out and add a point, I guess you can attribute the straight think to home depo. the painting and the nail polish covers makes it really smooth. Takes me less than a day. And they are really cheap to make and turn out really sturdy.