Page 360 of 415 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 4150

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Thats great news christyrose were you applying the cream straight neat or diluting in water/oil? Can't wait to get some Daktarin and see if it does anything for me
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Quote Originally Posted by banglaminerva View Post
    I'm still on this wagon as it did a great job with filling in a patch. So now I'm using it on the whole scalp. I haven't measured in a while but the shedding is down significantly and the ponytail diameter is thickening.

I've been using the Family Dollar brand.
    What are you using?? Looks like peeps on here are talking about several products...and you buy it at the dollar store? I am very interested in faster growth...So anyone that can help ..Please!! asap...Just came back here after being gone for sometime....so I am like a newbie again!

Question Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    Thats great news christyrose were you applying the cream straight neat or diluting in water/oil? Can't wait to get some Daktarin and see if it does anything for me
    What is Daktarin and where do you buy it??

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Áine View Post
    I was using 4% during my trial with MN. I don't know how much of a difference there is between 2% and 4% since all I used was 4% throughout. I would imagine the end result is the same, but it may differ in the amount of time it takes effect. I noticed results within 1-2 weeks.

Edited to Add:

See the old archived MN thread here, via Boarder Reader.
    Where do I buy this ? How do I mix an apply..You all are making this sound like a miracle growth spurt med for your hair..So Im excited!How much does this cost..Why would it cause headaches?

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Daktarin in the UK version of monistat (well, daktarin is to treat athletes foot but has the same active ingredient) you should be able to get it from any supermarket or pharmacy

Length
    Bald/SL/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

GUYS! I GOT ALMOST HALF AN INCH IN 3 DAYS OF USING MONISTAT! *excited*

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by firevegan View Post
    GUYS! I GOT ALMOST HALF AN INCH IN 3 DAYS OF USING MONISTAT! *excited*
    What method did you use firevegan? and does the new hair seem strong? I tried to get some Daktarin today but Co-op only had the spray version

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

finally got hold of some today (most places only seem to have the extra strong daktarin that has a different active ingredient or the spray). Applied it for the first time tonight, I used about an inch of the cream diluted in about 2tbs of water and applied it with a toothbrush! No sideffects so far (i.e. no headache). How long did it take before it started working for people - from the first application?

I have bleach highlights with visable roots so i'm measuring my roots rather than overall length as i think it will be more reliable. i've also concentrated my application on my nape area as my hair is very thin there

Length
    Bald/SL/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I just diluted it with water and massaged it into my scalp. I think I used a lot more than an inch, maybe 3-4 inches. I hope that isn't bad. I definitely notice growth every time I use it. I have so much new growth, I don't know what to do with it all. And the new growth is just as strong as the rest of the hair. I'm sort of afraid to use it again. That was kinda scary. It just popped out of my scalp in 3 days.

Hmm. A toothbrush? I know a woman via youtube who uses a toothbrush to scrub coconut oil mixed with cayenne pepper into her scalp every single night and she gets so much growth it's also kinda scary.

Now tell me what sounds LESS scary? Using a nitrate, on your head, or using a pepper and some coconut oil?

Definition of nitrate:

Chemistry . a salt or ester of nitric acid, or any compound containing the univalent group –ONO 2 or NO 3 .

fertilizer consisting of potassium nitrate or sodium nitrate.

cellulose nitrate, a substance used as a film base in the early days of filmmaking.

Informal . nitrate film.

-DICTIONARY.COM

"sodium nitrate acts as a meat preservative because it's a strong oxidizing agent. This means it has the ability to take electrons out of chemical bonds, which destroys bacterial components such as genetic material."

The nitrosamines are carcinogenic, notes a publication by the Linus Pauling Institute, which means they have the ability to cause cancer.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...#ixzz1yyz4nWeG

NOW HOLD ON A SECOND, HERE IS THE TRICKY PART.

I've done my research and miconazole has been proven affective on cancer patients and to cure cancer tumors. In fact miconazole is the antifungal agent in this cream we are using.

Here is the question? Is it the nitrates oxidizing our scalps that helps our hair grow OR is it the miconazole that is killing the fungi?

Cayenne pepper does both of those things. hmmm.. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by firevegan; June 27th, 2012 at 03:19 AM.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by firevegan View Post

Here is the question? Is it the nitrates oxidizing our scalps that helps our hair grow OR is it the miconazole that is killing the fungi?

Cayenne pepper does both of those things. hmmm.. Your thoughts?
    From what i've read it is a combination of both of these things, which is why is also works on people who don't really have any scalp issues as well as those who do. Might sound weird but the MN sound smore appealing to be than the pepper, just because the pepper is likely to affect my hair colour. Also isn't coconut oil well known for easily clogging skin pores (hence it often makes people break out), im not sure I want to risk blocking my scalp pores which could cause excessive shedding