Page 32 of 878 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Account Closed by Member Request

Fragrant Tresses was my first shampoo bar ever! While I liked the way the PLH bars smelled I had to wash much more often than before (CO), and also more often than I eventually did with CV bars. I think PLH bars are more cleansing, so my hair got kind of stripped.

After about a year of CV addiction I tried some shampoo bars from a German soap lady and experienced the same thing I did with the PLH bars. For me nothing compares to CV bars!

Rhosyn_du, for the longest time my hair would be a little dry and crunchy on day 1 but soft and moisturized by day 2. No idea why - but there are others who experienced the same thing. These days my hair is great on day 1 already. It might be a transitioning problem, or the reason might be that I trimmed off more damage. I think CV bars work best on healthy virgin hair. If you feel you´d do better with a little conditioner thrown into the regimen, just go ahead, although I think there is no need.

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Calista - I will report back with PLH results. My hair did just fine with SLS - I could go a week without washing. Yesterday was DD3, and I had to use some of GladtoBeMom's Airing Powder, my hair was stringy and greasy
    On the plus side, though: I did my first successful Figure-8 today! My hair practically sticks to itself LOL

I will try a much much weaker vinegar rinse next time, maybe that makes a difference.

BTW - have you tried buying citric acid in Germany? I have no idea where to look and what to ask for. I want to use it when travelling with my bars - I don't want to take vinegar with me LOL
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Miss Murphy, no I haven´t. My BF works in a chocolate factory and has easy access to citric acid powder, so he brought some home once. I didn´t use it on my hair though, but cleaned the bathroom with it. I honestly have no idea where to go to for citric acid bar an "Apotheke" (where the prices would accordingly...).

Is it the vinegar per se or the fact that it´s a liquid? Some people use those little yellow plastic lemons for their hair, maybe that would be convenient for travelling?

Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I just bought baking soda at my Apotheke, and it was very cheap. But I don't really know what to ask for...
    I'll just buy it on ebay.co.uk, then.

It's both the liquid and that it's vinegar. I don't want to image the mess if it spills

Length
    Buzzc/Shl/Clsc?
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I haven't been to this thread for a long long time, but I am still using the CV bars! I finally found some that are my favourite and some that does not work as well. I love Nettle, Chamomile Citrus, Lavender Spice and Mud & Clay so far. I do not like the Cafe Moreno (too moisturising) and Herb Garden (idem) but will give them another chance sometime.
    I love the fluffy feeling I get from washing with CV bars, but the adjustment period has taken a while for me. I think 2-3 months since I am only washing once a week. I also stopped using CO after the bars and the blue/black gunk that had invaded my comb (I had to clean my comb every three days to get rid of lots of gunk) is now almost entirely gone (I have only a little bit after a week). It takes some time to wash with them, but with washing only once a week I love the routine I have with them!
    Reached classic in 2012. Cut off all my hair summer 2012 to pixie. Buzzed it all off in 2016. Growing since then!
    On my way to APL.

Length
    BLS/class/tigh
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Murphy View Post
    BTW - have you tried buying citric acid in Germany? I have no idea where to look and what to ask for. I want to use it when travelling with my bars - I don't want to take vinegar with me LOL
    I'm in Belgium and went to the pharmacy and asked about citroenzuur. Apparantly heaps of people buy it to clean their coffeemachine with instead of vinegar.

Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Ah, thanks KatKeRo! I might just ask for Zitronensäure, then.

They should be used to my weird requests by now

Yes, that´s right, Zitronensäure. Apparently it´s not the same as Ascorbinsäure, which is vitamin C, so make sure they give you the right thing.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    I also stopped using CO after the bars and the blue/black gunk that had invaded my comb (I had to clean my comb every three days to get rid of lots of gunk) is now almost entirely gone (I have only a little bit after a week). !
    I was wondering about that! I just started using bars, and yesterday when I combed my hair my comb was full of this waxy lint like substance, I could not understand where it came from! I examined my scalp and it seemed fine, so I thought something in my purse got into my comb! Is that really all the built up gunk coming off my hair? Wow!!!