Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what?!

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what

Quote Originally Posted by millyaulait View Post
    I think it's probably also just a ~miracle advertisement~ of sorts to get her more views & subscribers too.
    Yeah true!
    ~ I was forever staring at the tender blue veins along the inside of my wrists; fragile twigs trapped under ice. ~

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: This girl claims this method will make your hair grow 3-4 inches in a week - what

Not. biologically. possible
    Her scalp would be bleeding at this pace...

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Patience is free.
    Passionate about puny ponytails

Length
    shldr/mid/clssc
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by leslissocool View Post
    Well... I kinda tried that (minus the oil). I went from regular working out to doing upside down yoga poses once a day and upped my protein intake. My growth was amazing in 30 days, Here's the result.

So I really do think there is something about the upside down head for 4 minutes. I did a lot of poses like camel and massaged my scalp upside down. It's really not the oil, but the blood flow. My hair would hate being washed that much without conditioner!

I know a girl who brushed her hair upside down every day rubbing the scalp. Her hair grew like a weed. She ate a lot of protein too though.

I can't view the pic but I agree that it must have something to do with massaging the scalp+being upside-down for 4 min. I don't, however, think she got 3-4inches of growth, but maybe a little more growth than usual. I'l probably try brushing my hair upside-down though!

Length
    14"/-/-
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I really hate it when people make youtube babbles in which they distractedly babble because they think it's funny...

Oiling and being upside down both seem like legit tips, but 3-4 inches would be a miracle.

Also, this gem in the FAQ:

"Q: Can I use conditioner?
    A: I don't recommend it, but if you have to, don't apply it to your scalp/roots."

What.

Length
    SL/APL/waist

The sad part is that people actually believe her. Look at the comment section. Why don't people question these sorts of things? They just accept this bull. I don't understand. Some people are so gullible. I don't have a youtube account (personal reasons), I can't make comments. Can someone please set her straight? lol

Length
    Chin/48.5/54
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Smells of bulls poo to me!
    Hehe I second that!
    MrsGuther

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I used vo5 hot oil treatments for five weeks I didn't get that kind of growth.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/i

Rubbbiiisshhhhhhhhhh.

Tell the girls all about oil treatments and fancy doo-da-days they've never heard before and you got yourself a following of believers. No before photo? Either total con-artist for pageviews or insane! You can get paid for pageviews now. Let everyone keep coming back for her video to argue with her or share her some love. Moving on!

Length
    20/48.5/44
    Type
    2c/M/ii

We had a thread on this video on another forum, and she actually joined to tell us we were being mean and that we hadn't done research like she had. We were also cowards for not telling her she was wrong on her youtube page. So, I kindly tried to correct a few misconceptions in her youtube comments section. She was polite, but she tossed all my advice out of the window while telling me that conditioner-only washing "creates" oil. She also deleted a lot of other comments that disagreed with her. Meh. I say let her wallow, she'll eventually figure out that it's not really working. Whether or not she'll own up to it is another matter.
    Last edited by LadyGunn; July 14th, 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Skipped a word.
    This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then explode. ~ Captain Mal 'Tightpants' Reynolds