Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair in a Baggy Horror Stories!

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

Default Re: Hair in a Baggy Horror Stories!

Nope, just me in Walmart, Henna all over my head, sweating buckets, sweat and henna running out behind my ears, dripping under my neck...I dunno, I felt kinda horrible. I felt much better today, strolling threw Walmart with waist length glorious red hair flying. I was sweating though but so was everyone else. lol

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Oh noo!!!! Is your pool okay??? Did you get a patch for it or something..Hopefully it isn't ruined.
    I went thru the burger king drivethru with henna on my head once. The lady asked me if I was COLD. hahaha. Luckily it was a cold day. But anyway...I said no and explained to her all about the henna and like everyone else she thought it was interesting and we laughed about the process of leaving it on for 5 hours.
    Taking an LHC break.

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Every time I go to the gym I smother my hair in something! It protects it from sweat and the heat helps treatments soak in!

Today was a top knot with a shed load of cone free apple conditioner

I've done henna too but only in cling film under one of those stretchy biker snoods. Styling.

Brand New Redhead

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hm. Not a horror story, as such, but one Saturday in early summer last year, my brother needed me to give him a hand moving some stuff. It was a henna day, so my hair was covered in henna, saran wrap with a bandage around the edge, and a woolen cap over it all. I suppose I did look a bit silly in that woolen cap on such a hot day!
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I've walked out of the house wearing flat pin curls, but I covered my hair in a scarf, Audrey Hepburn style and even wore the sunglasses to go with it.

If I'm going to walk out of the house in the middle of my grooming, I'll do it in style dammit.

Length
    SL/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

I guess the area that I live in is pretty casual because every time I go to the drug store there someone with a bag on thier head in the hairdye aisle. I've gone out with a bag on my head several times in my life too.

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RitaCeleste View Post
    Thanks! I had been wondering how people avoided being caught in the plastic cap at some point. I need baggy camo, a hat, something because this kind of thing happens to me so much.
    I have a big beanie that's supposed to be a frog. Except, y'know, my head's so little it looks like a flippin' slug.

I put on a shower cap on instead of a plastic bag, then the beanie goes on top of it. I walk around with my froggie around the house, with guests, and run out if I need to.

Then again, I'm not ashamed of looking funky. XD

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    Oh noo!!!! Is your pool okay??? Did you get a patch for it or something..Hopefully it isn't ruined.
    I went thru the burger king drivethru with henna on my head once. The lady asked me if I was COLD. hahaha. Luckily it was a cold day. But anyway...I said no and explained to her all about the henna and like everyone else she thought it was interesting and we laughed about the process of leaving it on for 5 hours.
    The pool is kinda okay. I had to re-patch it today. It still leaks a tiny trickle of water that evaporates in the heat about 6 inches down from it. I picked up another kit, same crappy brand today (Just in case I have to do it over again.).

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

This thread is wildly funny to me- just sitting by myself, laughing. I'm insane. But I've done the saran-wrapped head/hat thing before. And since my hair was all piled on my head, and it was like, 90 degrees outside, I was getting a headache. My sister said that I looked like I had just come from the hospital with my forehead being scrunched up from the plastic. Ahh, good times!
    "I stopped cutting it when my true love went off to the Crusades and I vowed not to cut it or talk about it until they get back."
    Quote from Kat's mother, one that deserves to be used over and over!

Length
    bsl/chin/tlb
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

The first time I put henna in my hair DBF asked me if I had just smeared baby poop all over my head. After that, there's no way I'd ever leave my house. But I live in AZ, it's so hot here sweating is unavoidable right now. I don't want sweaty browny-green slime dripping down my face! Haha