View Poll Results: At what length do you trim to thicken up your hemline?

Voters
302. You may not vote on this poll
  • BSL/ MBL

56 18.54%
  • Waist

87 28.81%
  • Hip

32 10.60%
  • TB

36 11.92%
  • BCL

8 2.65%
  • Classic

24 7.95%
  • i DON'T trim to thicken my henline

83 27.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: at what length do you start trimming to thicken your hemline?

Length
    APL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: at what length do you start trimming to thicken your hemline?

I chose BSL I'm stuck there since at least 6 months, but my hair looks so much better now. I will now start growing again.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Hmmm, I would need to have checked all of the options save the last!

I dust as needed, but do an inch or so trim once I am past a major major milestone. Not at, but once I am a couple inches beyond. It is a mental thing for me so I can still say I am at "blah" length since I like using body measurements rather than inches or centimetres. Then I don't feel as though I have lost as much length when I do trim if that makes any sense at all.

I trimmed more to start obviously since the body markers are closer, but I didn't find LHC until my hair was already at BSL, so I had plenty of damage that needed trimming out anyhow. When I started regrowing from nothing I had initially trimmed the back until the front caught up to keep from getting a mullet, then grew in one length from there.

Basically I trimmed at BSL, waist, hip, tailbone, classic, mid-thigh, and then again at knee. I might maintain here a bit to thicken more since I think I must have either had a shed or hit my old ponytail line at was once the nape of my neck several years ago now.

This has maintained my hemline nicely over the years.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    10.5/23.3/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I think I might at classic but i put myself down as a "DONT" because I really don't mind my hemline being uneven purely because I have curly hair and it doesn't show. Even if I do have a blunt it's going to be curlier in some areas than others and so it wouldn't be even anyway
    Lady Finnula of the Celtic Cross in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Shaved-BSL-Sldr- BSL-Blunt Bob-BSL(23.5) - Goal 1: MidBack - Goal 2: Waist- Goal 3: Classic - Goal 4:Who Knows?!

Length
    TB/TB/class
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

At present i am maintaining my hair at hip.last month i reached TB but i cut it 2 inches again so its past hip now. and also now i decided to maintain my hair at TB after growing it back again

Trying to grow my hair to TB length as soon as possible

Length
    APL/TBL/CL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I want to at classic (my first major goal) and hopefully continue on with the thickness from there.

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

My hair's been behaving and I didn't know it! I haven't really got a serious trim since mid-2002, but my hemline's stayed rather marvelous, considering the neglect I've subjected it to. (Ah, LHC, why did we only meet NOW?) I've got shorties ending through the whole of my length that result in an overall-halo-effect, but am starting to think that's more of a result of a wurly hairtype unable to express itself due to the weight of the length, rather than breakage per se. I examine the ends of the short hairs, and they're more often than not un-split! My head is a confusing place.
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I don't wait for a specific length, I didn't know people actually did that. I trim whenever my hair looks and feels like crap. I don't like fairy tale ends, so I try to keep my neat looking.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

My ends are starting to look a bit more thin lately, I would like to just chop off all of my pre-LHC hair which is still a few inches and more damaged than the rest. But that would leave me with BSL length hair again.

Nope, I plan to grow it longer still, maybe when I get nearer TBL I could actually do the big chop and end up with nice even waist length hair with a thick U hemline. My ends look fairly decent when my hair has a few curls and waves, I'll manage until then
    Last edited by Fethenwen; December 31st, 2011 at 06:20 AM. Reason: typo

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15"/55"/Term
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I have never trimmed for thickness. The only time I ever trim is because my ends are all split up. It's just never occurred to me. :P My hair is really nice to me in that I haven't trimmed it in about a year, and before that a couple years too. I do try to dust more often, but I'm so lazy I haven't done that in a while either. I guess I take a pretty natural route. I don't really do anything to it other than comb, wash, and up-do it. *shrug*

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I trim if :
    1. It looks uneven
    2. I get excessively dry, damaged ends
    3. the bottom layer looks much thinner than the rest
    4. I have cotton-like hair=all over trim
    It doesn't usually correspond to a length for me, it has more to do with condition of the hair.