Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Poll: Worst and/or best hair care product you've ever used?

Length
    ???/???/30+
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Quick Poll: Worst and/or best hair care product you've ever used?

Worst has been anything Pantene. It was the only line that made my hair fall out in clumps. That and I remember using a line by KMS (kinda pricey) that was for color treated hair. It made my hair so unmanageable, tangly and dry it was insane.

I've had good luck with Garnier Fructis, L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, and Redken Color Extend or Extreme (for color treated and damaged hair, respectively). I'm also starting to use Infusium 23 as a leave in.

Length
    27/36"/long
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Worst for me was BioSilk serum. It dried my hair out and made it crunchy. I found out it was the cones causing the problem.

My favorite hair product is VO5 Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint conditioner. I love this stuff!
    Pegasus Marsters 117th wife
    Life is like a hot bath...the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get.

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Best: Though I try to minimize cones, it's Frizz Ease for me. Used with a blowdryer, it makes my hair quite straight. Used with air drying, it just makes my waves smooth. I don't use it often though.

Worst: V05 extra body. Makes my hair disgustingly lank.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Absolute worst was baking soda. It took *many* washes and conditionings to feel like *hair* again. (shudder)

The most amazingly best is WO. I was astonished and delighted. It's just perfect for me in winter, but I need a drop or two of shampoo in summer - too much working in the garden and sweating!

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

My hair hates Infusium It makes my hair hard

Pantene make my hair shed like crazy!

Best has been Matrix shampoo and conditioner. My hair is not to picky
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Length
    10/53/30
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

Worst: Stuff with cones (long term), Dawn dish washing liquid, and dove stuff. I hate how the dove products smell.

Best: my hair isn't too picky, so VO5 Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint conditioner because I love mint scented things. ^^ my hair also likes most of the Bed Head line.

edit: Just so people know, I was using the dish washing liquid to try and remove my semi-permanent vegie colors from my hair. It didn't really remove any color, dried out my hair, but cleaned my scalp really well.
    Last edited by ZaBasDa; July 19th, 2008 at 01:19 PM.

Hi, My name is: Alexis AnimaSola3o4's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Worst: Mane 'n' Tail shampoo and conditioner. One of my hairstylists as an adolescent SWORE by it, especially since it came in large enough bottles to last me a long time.... but she then told me that she had a client whose hair was completely stripped from the product, to where she saw black coming out of her hair when she rinsed it in the shower. I'm assuming that this woman had dyed black hair, but still YIKES!

Best: Nizoral shampoo. It helps my scalp IMMENSELY, otherwise my scalp gets all buildup-y and flaky and itchy and dry. I used Nizoral and it went away completely. Now I'm using a prescription strength, dilluted with regular shampoo.

Also for me, switching back to cones was the best thing I have ever done. It's so much easier to deal with and detangling takes about 1/8 of the time it use to take. I know it's different for everyone, but it was worth mentioning because it helped me so much.

I used to use dish detergent on my scalp too. :/ I'm not sure why, but it helped my scalp but obviously it dried out my hair.
    Last edited by AnimaSola3o4; July 16th, 2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: fixed the bold

Keep your head up, makes your hair look longer! Only micro-trimming from here on out!!! YAY!!

Length
    3in./19in./34+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Have you ever used Gain laundry detergent? I used it a few years ago. Kind of made my hair feel like wool but it didn't really damage it.

Worst:Organix Soft and silky vanilla shampoo and conditioner..just because the label says moisturizing doesn't mean it's true!

Best:Tresseme Moisture rich shampoo and conditioner. My hair just soaks that up! Takes care of the frizz too.
    Hair Peace...Let your hair grow!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Worst:
    Mane N' Tail S&C-my hair felt sticky and coated with wax
    Suave Humectant Shampoo-made my hair feel extremely stripped
    J/A/S/O/N Thin-to-Thick S&C-seriously could not lather in the slightest or get it through my hair, felt greasy and coated when it dried

Best:
    CV Shampoo Bars
    Coconut Oil

Length
    APL/waist/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Wow, I'm surprised so many people have had bad experiences with Pantene.. I used to swear by it before I went cone-free & SLS-free.

Anyways, worst is definitely some organic anti-lice shampoo my mom bought for me when I was in 5th grade and a lice epidemic was going around my elementary school. (Lucky me, I've never had lice, but my mom wanted to take precaution.) The stuff was all sticky, and literally felt like honey on my hair. I couldn't get it to distribute through my hair - it just stuck all my hair together in a gloopy blob. Took forever to rinse out, and it made my hair all tangly, and... it was so awful that the experience is still the worst 10 years later.

Best is VO5 conditioner!! I love the stuff! Makes my hair smooth, and keeps my damaged ends conditioned so I don't have to chop them off.
    Lady Alyxandra, Virtuosa of Melody in the Order of the Long Haired Knights