Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hypothetically how different would your life be if you were bald?

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Hypothetically how different would your life be if you were bald?

Blimey. I do not put in the hours, don't have a wild range of hairtoys, all my conditioners have been bought on special offer - and I'd still hate being bald. I might have the bone structure, but I'ld need to lose about 30 kilos before any judgement could be reached & anyway, my ears stick out. A length of hair fore & aft minimises the visual disturbance.
    I'd probably get the knitting needles & the carding combs out & knit myself a wig. (There's a fibre place does silk fibre by the 100g for summer wear & I could go a stunning Ryland brunette in winter - there's a natural colour range that's been around a few hundred years! )

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

I'd like to also add that without having any hair to obsess about, I know I would fill that void with yet other hobbies . Without having to wait 4 to 6 hours for my hair to air-dry on a wash day, I could use those extra hours to go see more movies. I love both mainstream blockbusters and artsy indie films. I'd also be outside walking the streets a lot more, doing even more window shopping than I already do.

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Hmmm. Interesting to think about.

I wouldn't save much time, honestly. If I take a long shower, I'm in there for 10 minutes, tops. My hair care is ridiculously simple and doesn't take but a couple of minutes. Hair drying could take a whole day, but that's not really time actively spent on hair. I'm not much of a product junkie. I use a grand total of two. I'm not counting coconut or jojoba oils, because I use those on my body, too (in fact mostly).

I would have some money in my pocket from the sale of all the hair toys I would never wear again (assuming the baldness to be permanent). And with that money I would buy a very fabulous wig or two. Long, of course. I wonder how I'd look as a blonde?

I already have all manner of scarves and things to cover my hair with, so I'm set there.

Even though I'm all about the lazy when it comes to my hair care routine, I would miss my hair if it were to suddenly vanish.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

Oh, I leave the house with wet hair. If my hair is wet, I'm still doing housework or going where I need to go. I was using Suave Colorcare for ages and not doing anything special. A hair scare sent me running for Kera Care Humecto, Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstuctor, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner, Aubrey Organic's Honeysuckle Rose conditioner, Vatika Coconut oil, Meadowfoam seed oil. I also tried another big bottle of conditioner and wouldn't use it. I just ordered more of those products, kinda in bulk. I feel guilty about the money I spend on my hair. My daughter has fine dry hair so I love doing treatments on her hair now too. I don't feel guilty at all when its for the kids. My products really aren't super expensive, but I still feel guilty about it. Then again if I had all that money back I'd probably just buy beads to string!

Hmm, I'd wear big girly earrings more (and perhaps more makeup) in a probably futile attempt not to constantly be mistaken for a boy. I don't think it would really save me much time-- I wash my hair once a week, don't have a very time-consuming routine, and having wet hair doesn't keep me at home. My hair toys, etc. are inexpensive so it wouldn't save much money either. My husband would really miss my hair, he was not an enthusiast of my chin-length cut.

Length
    buzz/pixie/pixie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'd be hotter
    Finding a way to love my hair.

Length
    14?/28/39
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'd end up with a sunburned head because I'd forget the sun block and the hat and my skin doesn't understand the concept of 'tanning'. Oh wait. No. I'd not be going outside if I were bald because I'd be hiding behind a chair bemoaning the fact I'd feel ugly.

IF the positive side of me came out: I'd not save any money or time at all, I'd play with head scarves of all different designs, colours, and spend hours figuring out new ways to tie, pin and generally poking about on the net looking for hats, clips and god knows what else.

All in all I don't think I would save that much time or money at all!

Length
    2''/MBL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Hmmmm... Well, my head would be a lot cooler, for sure. I would save an enormous amount of time every morning and evening because I would not have to wash, oil, treat, or style my hair. It would definitely curtail my current hair toy obsession, and I would probably have a more plump piggy bank even after buying sunscreen.

As practical as this sounds, I think I'll keep my hair.

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I can give you a real, not hypothetical answer since I was bald in 2005.

And it's, not much.

I would save perhaps 10 minutes a week in washing and conditioning time, but then I'd have to shave and that takes time too. I don't spend that much on products either and I'm not crazy with the accessories, so not a huge money saver either.

The biggest difference would be in the way I feel, and how other people would react to me.
    NECK SL APL MBL WAIST HIP TBL CLASSIC
    Wishing for sparkly Ficcare Unicorns: Large or medium Superstars